Connect with us


Man swears he is Kenyan MP Kanini Kega’s son, wants DNA done




A 21-year-old man wants a Nairobi court  to compel Kieni MP Kanini Kega to recognise him as his son.

Mr Dennis Gitahi Wanjiru says he has tried reaching the MP for assistance without success and has now filed the case  at the Children’s Court in Nairobi. It is not clear why he filed the matter at the children’s court considering his age.


In a sworn affidavit, Gitahi states that his mother, Florence Wanjiru, who died in 2004, had an affair with the MP.

” My mother left me under the care of my grandmother at Watuka Village in Kieni Constituency,” he deposes.

He says he had been in touch with the MP  who promised to take him through school but reneged.

“I knows the MP well and efforts to reach him have been futile, forcing me to move to court,” says Gitahi.

In the suit, Mr Gitahi seeks recognised and wants to be treated equally with Mr Kega’s other children.

He accuses the MP of abdicating his parental duties and showing lack of interest in his life.

Kanini Kega, whose real is James Mathenge, was born on 31 October 1972 in Watuka village, Kieni, Nyeri County. He is a Kenyan member of Paliament (MP) representing Kieni constituency in Nyeri county. He is a member of The National Alliance and a coalition member of Jubilee Alliance

Mathenge acquired his nickname Kanini Kega in 1998 When he first vied for the Democratic Party nominations after the death of Munene Kairu. At that time he was 26 years old. Other leaders dismissed him as “a beardless man with nothing to offer on the political table.” Over the years, the people of Kieni came to know him as Kanini Kega (young but nice) probably because he was the youngest but most noble politician in the political scene in the area.

Who is Kanini Kega?


Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Granny going round town yanking off women’s miniskirts



An elderly woman has left Nairobians shocked after being filmed going round the CBD yanking the clothes off women who are dressed in miniskirts.

Any attire above the knees, she claims, are designs from the devil and she is on a mission to cleanse the work of the evil one who is taking over the fashion style of the womenfolk.

In a video on social media, the woman is seen screaming as she tries to snatch the skirt from an unsuspecting passer-by along Moi Avenue near the bomb blast site.

She is dressed in a long skirt and matching top while the woman she attempts to accost is dressed in a black and white stripped skirt which is above her knees with a black top.

Huyu matha ameamua watu wa kuvaa skirts hawatakaa na amani

749 people are talking about this

Kenyans online who viewed the video claim the woman is a preacher who is mostly found on Mama Ngina Street.

Her sermons are usually laden with insults directed at women for wearing miniskirts, trousers and jeans.

Here are some reactions from Kenyans on Twitter.

“Huyu matha ameamua watu wa kuvaa skirts hawatakaa na Amani,” tweeted @TheTvPlug.

“I think what this woman is doing is a crime,” said @WENDYRICCH.

“This country must be fixed,” wrote @eutychus_kimani.

“She should be arrested for harassment. Usually meet her on Mama Ngina Street, and she’s always yelling at women, calling them prostitutes for wearing trousers, jeans, and skirts,” commented @fsamba.

“Effects za uchumi mbaya,” stated @PureKituiHoney.

“I have seen this woman (well sijui kama ni yeye) but alikuwa tu na propaganda ya skirts fiti kwa fast food flani tulikuwa tunakula lunch. Si tulitukanwa juu ya kuvaa short denim skirts,” another user commented.


Continue Reading


Revealed: The truth behind Handshake



ODM leader Raila Odinga agreed to work with President Uhuru Kenyatta under the famous March 9 ‘handshake’ as a result of pressure from Western nations and financial woes, ANC leader Musalia Mudavadi has said.

Mr Mudavadi claims in a new book that Mr Odinga had been banned

from visiting many countries, including a key Western nation, and was particularly worried about what the US’s next course of action would be.

Mr Mudavadi, who was Mr Odinga’s chief campaigner in the 2017 election, claims the pact was shrouded in secrecy and that days before it, he and the other Nasa principals – Kalonzo Musyoka and Moses Wetang’ula – had met the ODM leader, who did not drop any hint about the negotiations with President Kenyatta.

It was in the meeting, however, that he spoke of the pressure from the foreign nations.

“Raila also mentioned to us at this meeting that he had received letters of cancellation of his visas by various foreign missions in Kenya.

He showed us a copy of one such letter he had received from a leading western mission,” Mr Mudavadi writes in the autobiography, Soaring Above the Storms of Passion.

The book, authored with his long-time ally and ANC Secretary-General Barrack Muluka, and published by The Mudavadi Memorial Foundation Trust Fund in association with Midas Touch Media Limited, also details the intrigues in the heady days leading up to Mr Odinga’s controversial swearing-in on January 30, 2018.

On the visa blockades, Mr Mudavadi writes that Mr Odinga asked him to cross-check with other missions whether they were aware of this development and what their countries’ governments were thinking. “I cross-checked with Ambassador (Robert) Godec, who affirmed that he was aware of the developments …”

The former Vice-President also writes of a heated meeting in Athi River a day after the ‘Handshake’ during which other Nasa principals took Mr Odinga to task over the secrecy around the development.

“In this conversation, we also learnt that the visa embargo seemed to have covered many other people,”

Mr Mudavadi writes in the memoirs that delve into every epoch in his political career spanning 30 years.

Mr Mudavadi also details the financial woes Mr Odinga’s party was in, suggesting this might have been another reason for the latter’s

abandonment of his hardline opposition cause.

The ANC leader also suggests that the numerous litigations against a number of Nasa supporters and “other allied pressures” – which he doesn’t name – might have been too much for Mr Odinga.

“We learnt that the financial capacity to handle these cases was not there. Basically the situation was becoming unbearable,” Mr Mudavadi writes.

He says he was on his way to Mombasa when Vihiga Senator George Khaniri called him frantically, alerting him about the ‘Handshake’ on the steps of Harambee House, the President’s office.

“A flurry of other phone calls flowed in. Kalonzo called me to ask if I was aware of what was going on.

I told him I was unaware.”

He says pressure mounted on him from a wide range of callers, who wanted to know what was going on, “bearing in mind that I had been the chief campaigner.”

“They wanted to know whether we were now going into a coalition government with Jubilee.”

Mr Mudavadi says the swearing-in went against what the rest of the principals believed in and was also in defiance of the caution by world and regional leaders, advice that was given in telephone conversations and in meetings.

The meetings

“The first one was Raila’s office at Capitol Hill, where we met with foreign diplomats accredited to Kenya, religious leaders and leaders from the business community.

They pleaded with us not to carry on with the swearing-in plans,” Mudavadi writes.

He says the second meeting was held at the American Ambassador’s residence. “Also present at this meeting was the Acting Assistant

Secretary of State for African Affairs, Donald Yamamoto. There was also Howard from the Security Adviser’s Desk in the White House and Ambassador Robert Godec.”

In these meetings, the envoys warned them that should they carry on with their swearing-in plans, they would be “considered warlords, with attendant international consequences”.

The diplomats instead offered to create an avenue for dialogue with the government to resolve the issues that had been raised.

Among the opposition’s demands were that victims of police violence receive compensation and that President Kenyatta apologises for the extrajudicial killings.

Besides the swearing-in, Mr Mudavadi writes of other decisions Mr Odinga pushed through without consultation or concurrence from his colleagues. He paints the picture of a leader who always had a plan B or one who would change course on the spur of the moment.

He writes of the various postponements of the swearing-in and of difficult private meetings even as they publicly demonstrated solidarity, if only to give morale to their supporters.

He writes that just before one of the swearing-in postponements, Mr Odinga went out of circulation.

“For some time he could not be reached on the phone. We put together our heads with the technical team and agreed that in this move (postponement) we were giving an opportunity to the diplomatic and business communities to attempt their proposed intervention.”

But just as they were about to leave for the Okoa Kenya offices to announce the suspension of the ceremony, he reached Raila who told them to go ahead with the announcement and link up with him later in the evening.

“I would learn a few days later that while I was preparing to call off the swearing-in, Raila was in fact at Jimmi Wanjigi’s residence in Muthaiga with a number of family members and friends. The object of the meeting, I would learn, was for him to record a private swearing-in, which would be circulated to the media houses and on the Internet.”

He writes that people at Muthaiga would later tell him that just when the swearing-in was to take place, they saw the Okoa Kenya postponement meeting on TV.

“I learnt from the people present that Raila seemed to have been very shocked to watch us on TV calling off the swearing-in. He is reported to have said, “Oh, so they are calling it off? At this point the swearing-in at Muthaiga was called off. Before we left for Okoa Kenya from my office, he had called me to ask why we were taking long to make the announcement.”

Drifted apart

He writes that throughout the Christmas season, the Nasa team “had completely drifted apart on the issue of swearing in”, a time when Mudavadi believes the pro-swearing thinking must have prevailed. “At a public gathering in Kakamega just before the end of the year, Raila announced he would be sworn in on January 30. Once again, there had been no consultation, leave alone an agreement. The rest of us remained calm and restrained in the spirit of our agreement not to show our differences in public.”

He writes that as the clock ticked towards January 30, 2018, the D-Day of the swearing in, a lastditch effort was made to forestall it at a dinner meeting at Mr Odinga’s Karen home.

Present were all the four principals as well as Kisumu Governor Prof Anyang’ Nyong’o. “Also with us was former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo, a close friend and confidante of Raila. He had specifically come to Kenya for this meeting.” Mudavadi recalls Mr Obasanjo advising Mr Odinga against the move, saying it would destroy his credentials. Mr Obasanjo also brought in Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni’s counsel as well as that of UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres.

“All of us, including Raila, agreed that he would not take the oath. Beyond this, Raila also told us that on a different occasion and in the presence of James Orengo, President John Pombe Magufuli of Tanzania – also a close friend of his – had held a lengthy telephone conversation with him.”

Up to the end, Mudavadi and the other three principals maintained they would have nothing to do with the ‘Handshake’.

“On Monday, January 29, we the principals, held our last meeting ahead of the critical moment in the swearing-in saga. At the end of the Homa Bay rally, Raila had intimated to us that he had information that the Jubilee side would reach out to him in good time to forestall the swearing-in and begin negotiations about reforms.

Mudavadi also writes of intrigues hours to the controversial swearing-in and how Mr Odinga hoodwinked them up to the last minute that he would not be sworn in. “It was agreed that we would all, nonetheless, go to Uhuru Park – the venue where the swearing-in was to take place – to face our supporters and call off the swearing-in once and for all. We agreed that we would meet at a venue to be agreed upon in the morning.”

Having failed to hear from Mr Odinga, Mudavadi writes, the other principals met at Wetang’ula’s place. “It was while we were here, at about 1200 that Raila eventually called me using his regular phone number. Our telephone conversation was disjointed, creating the impression that he was under siege.” Moments later, however, they learnt that he had proceeded to Uhuru Park and was taking the “Presidential Oath of Office”.

I would learn a few days later that while I was preparing to call off the swearingin, Raila was in fact at Jimmi Wanjigi’s residence with a number of family members and friends,” Musalia Mudavadi

by nation

Continue Reading


12-year-old girl defiled by her father, then locked up in police cell



Officers at Isebania Police Station are on the spot for throwing into a cell a defiled minor after she had gone to report the case.

The distraught 12-year-old girl had accused her father, a police officer, of defiling her on November 1 at their home in Nyabohanse town after luring her into his bedroom.


The victim on Tuesday told the Nation that her attempts to have the suspect arrested were futile after officers turned against her.

They locked her up in a bid to conceal evidence of defilement and shield their colleague.

Shedding tears, the Standard Five pupil at a private school in Nyabohanse town narrated her harrowing ordeal when attempts to seek school fees from her biological father saw her sexually assaulted.

She told the Nation that her father, a police officer who guarded a senior politician in Migori County before being interdicted from police service, lured her into his bedroom and defiled her in broad daylight.

“I went to see him to collect my fee balance on instructions of my grandmother with whom I lived. She could not afford Sh13,890 which I owed the school so I went to my father who operates a pub in Nyabohanse town,” she said.

“I was cleaning utensils when he came home that morning. He called me to his bedroom as he wanted me to do some shopping for breakfast. I was helpless as he pinned me on his bed and committed the act,” she said.

According to the minor, she rushed out of the house weeping and ran to Nyabohanse Police Post where she reported the incident.

“I reported the incident to a female police officer, who called my father and the area chief and tried to persuade me to forgive him,” she said.

At about 2pm, she was transferred to Isebania Police Station where she was placed in a cell and, two hours later, was taken to Nyayo Hospital where she was tested and given a prescription.


The minor said she stayed in police custody for six days, sharing the cold floor with adults.

Officers at the station, she said, allowed in her father to check on her, only to threaten the girl to drop the case.

“When we visited her on the same evening she was arrested, the officer declined to release her, saying the national flag at the station had already been lowered and we were not allowed to see her,” her grandmother told the Nation.

Attempts by the old woman and the girl’s mother to have her freed were unsuccessful.

There was no explanation as to why she was being held that long or why she was not charged or released from custody, with the officers constantly piling pressure on her to drop the case.

“All we need is justice for the minor. It is sad that the police, who ought to have protected her, conspired with the suspect to torment her further,” the girl’s grandmother said.

“The suspect, who should be in custody, walks scot-free and was accessing the girl freely as we were denied any chance to see her.”

Currently, the minor is staying with a guardian whom the Nation will not name to protect the victim.

The guardian said the girl’s grandmother said the medical report, P3 form, police statements and medical reports were tampered with severally to destroy the case.


“The six-day detention was a plot to conceal possible evidence of rape. Even police records and the occurrence book entries were skewed,” she said on Monday.

What shocked the mother and the guardian was the fact that the medical examination revealed the minor had been infected with a venereal disease.

But, despite all this pain, hopes for justice seem to be dimming by the day.

The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions Noordin Haji says it seeks to close the case “due to lack of evidence”.

In a letter dated November 5 and addressed to the OCS Isebania Police Station, Mr Martin Mwongera, a senior prosecution counsel, says the case should be terminated.

“… after perusing police files and statements, I find no sufficient evidence to charge the suspect with the said offence,” the letter reads in part.

When the Nation visited Isebania Police Station on Monday, senior officers privy to the case declined to comment and instead referred us to Kuria West police chief Bernard Muriuki and Migori Police Commander Celestino Nyaga.

Mr Muriuki said attempts to take the suspect to Kehancha Law Courts twice on November 5 and 19 failed after the prosecution counsel cited lack of evidence.


However, he said he was not aware the victim was held at Isebania Police Station for six days.

“We want to duplicate all the files, including evidence and statements, and send back to ODPP for review for the minor to get justice,” Mr Muriuki said.

On his part, Mr Nyaga said they will internally investigate the matter and ensure the minor and the suspect get justice.

Nyamosense-Komosoko MCA Susan Mohabe called on the Independent Police Oversight Authority (Ipoa) and Mr Haji’s office to fast-track the case.

Mrs Mohabe said Kuria West police officers were yet to arrest suspects who gang-raped a 70-year-old woman a week ago.

“Women in this region have been turned into sex objects,” she said.

“Victims of sexual abuse and gender-based violence who attempt to seek justice from police have always met resistance. Some even receive threats from the same officers who should be protecting them.”

As the Nation was pursuing the story on Monday, police arrested a 14-year-old boy who defiled and killed a four-year-old girl in the same area.

by NN

Continue Reading

Are you looking for a Church to fellowship in Atlanta Metro Area?


Like us on Facebook, stay informed


2019 Calendar

September 2017
« Aug   Oct »


error: Content is protected !!