Connect with us

News

VIDEO: Kalonzo shocks Raila after saying Uhuru should rule for two and a half years

Published

on

He can rule for two and half years, said Kalonzo Musyoka Wednesday [watch the video below] when he addressed his supporters in Kabati, Kitui, a day after jetting back into the country from Germany.

On Friday, KSN sought the views of Mr Odinga but couldn’t get him on the phone. However, a close confidant of the former Prime Minister said the statement by Mr Musyoka caught Mr Odinga by surprise.

“This is not something that had been discussed by NASA. We can only assume that he was thinking aloud…but we feel that the statement is very ‘heavy,'” said the source who sought anonymity. This comes two days after an amateur video which was reportedly recorded on Christmas eve, surfaced online showing a seemingly inebriated Odinga toasting to “entry into Canaan.”

Watch it here: Raila’s video causes a stir

The video has caused anxiety and acrimony among Odinga’s supporters with questions being raised over who recorded it and shared it publicly yet it was at a private function.

Watch related video: Did Raila just recognize Uhuru’s presidency?

READ ALSO:   Uhuru returns home with Sh21.9 billion from China as questions over national debt abound
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Sonko celebrates Elachi’s resignation 

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Nairobi governor Mike Sonko seems to be in a celebratory mood after the resignation of Nairobi County Assembly Speaker Beatrice Elachi.

Moments after Elachi announced her resignation, Sonko posted several videos on his social media accounts that suggested that he was celebrating the exit of speaker.

In one of the worship songs he posted, Sonko captioned “Yuko Mungu Mbiguni Asikiaye Maombi yetu (There is God in Heaven who hears our prayers)”.

In another video, Sonko said that “We have seen your mighty hand Lord”, before he added another one with the infamous Jubilee Party supporters campaign slogan that “sio juju ni maombi (It’s not witchcraft, it’s prayers)”.

Sonko and Elachi have been at loggerheads, and at one time Elachi declared herself the governor after Sonko was barred from accessing his office.

Announcing her resignation today, Elachi accused Sonko of being one of the people after her life.

“Governor Sonko, you cannot go on threatening people’s lives and their families. You also have a family. You cannot have everything, just nurture what God has given you,” Elachi said in a statement.

Former Nairobi County Assembly Speaker Beatrice Elachi and Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko

READ ALSO:   Why I am taking long to have children: Emmy Kosgei
Continue Reading

News

CS Kagwe on the spot over statement on Ramadhan Kajembe, wife deaths 

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

The children of the late Changamwe MP Ramadhan Kajembe have demanded an apology from Health CS Mutahi Kagwe in 14 days without which they threatened to sue him.

Kagwe, during a press briefing on August 9, 2020, had cited a case of a son who refused to accept a positive Covid-19 diagnosis and infected his elderly parents, who have since passed on.

“He (the son) refused to self isolate which led to the infection of his sister and parents. Unlike him, they are elderly and as usual with underlying conditions so they were impacted more.

“As we speak, this family has lost the one elderly family member, the head of the household just two weeks after burying his mother,” Kagwe disclosed.

Speaking from the late MP’s home, the children expressed displeasure at Kagwe’s sentiments which they stated had attracted stigmatisation.

The family acknowledged that both Kajembe and his wife had died of Covid-19 and asked the government to allow them time to mourn.

“It is unfortunate that a whole cabinet secretary can come out and issue a mere statetement that a young man who brought coronavirus to his parents. We are urging the CS to withdraw the sentiments against my family,” one of Kajembe’s sons stated.

READ ALSO:   Uhuru escalates war on graft as he targets Ruto-allied CSs

The family was also bitter that Governor Mike Sonko posted Kagwe’s sentiments on his official Facebook account and attached photos of Kajembe’s burial.

Led by Kajembe’s children – Harun Kajembe, Sudi Kajembe, Mohammed Kajembe, Fatma Kajembe and their brother- in-law Mabruk Juma, they demanded that the CS and Governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko should apologise within the next 14 days, failure to which, they would take legal action.

“Death is inevitable. It is very sad that the Cabinet Secretary will accuse our brother of killing our parents. You can only imagine the kind of stigma this has brought to our family,” Harun stated.

Contrary to Kagwe’s sentiments, the family stated that their brother contracted Covid-19 but immediately self-isolated in one of the hospitals in Mombasa.

Kajembe died on August 7, 2020, at the Pandya Hospital, two weeks after his first wife Mama Aziza Kajembe died.

In March, the MP had lost his second wife Mama Zaharia Kajembe at the Aga Khan Hospital in Mombasa County, where she had been undergoing treatment.

The MP is survived by 16 children

Continue Reading

News

Haji breaks silence after Wakhungu, Waluke raise fines 

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

The Director of Public Prosecution Noordin Haji has spoken after Grace Wakhungu and John Waluke raised over Ksh 1 billion fines following court orders.

Wakhungu reportedly raised Ksh 800 million within one month, with Sirisia MP John Waluke’s family disclosing that they had managed to raise over Ksh 250 million.

Haji declined to comment on whether the two had submitted their fines but remained committal to his stance that the funds would be scrutinised if the court accepts them.

“We can only scrutinise after the court has approved,” Haji stated.

The duo was denied bail and bond with principal prosecution counsel Ruby Okoth arguing that the convicts had not raised any serious grounds to warrant their temporary release.

The DPP further stated that he would object any appeals to lessen the sentencing of the duo after they appealed the case.

“The court has already denied them bail. The only thing remaining is the reduction of sentence and we shall oppose that,” Haji added.

The attorney is also leading the charge against graft cases involving former Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero, his successor Mike Sonko and former Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu.

BBC, on Thursday, January 16, reported that Haji, met President Uhuru Kenyatta in the Coast on Monday, January 13, where he was challenged to secure high-status convictions in 2020.

READ ALSO:   Uhuru escalates war on graft as he targets Ruto-allied CSs
Continue Reading



Powered by DaysPedia.com

Current Time in Alexandria
014642am
Fri, August 7



poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

December 2017
M T W T F S S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!