Governor Sonko reacts on Igathe’s resignation as Nairobi Deputy Governor - Kenya Satellite News Network
Connect with us

News

Governor Sonko reacts on Igathe’s resignation as Nairobi Deputy Governor

Published

on

Governor Sonko reacts on Igathe’s resignation as Nairobi Deputy Governor

By ALLAN TAWAI

Nairobi Governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko has reacted to Polycarp Igathe’s unexpected resignation as Nairobi Deputy Governor.

According to a statement from Sonko’s office on Friday evening, he acknowledged the receipt of his deputy’s resignation letter. A

The Governor stated that he would address the public at a later date in view of the unexpected turn of events.

 

Nairobi Governor Sonko (left) and his deputy Polycarp Igathe during a past rally

Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko (left) and his deputy Polycarp Igathe during a past rally

“The Governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko has received a letter of resignation from Deputy Governor Polycarp Igathe. The Governor is considering the letter and will issue a comprehensive statement later,” the statement read.

Igathe submitted his resignation letter, citing frustrations because he ‘failed to earn the Governor’s trust’, in what is blamed on strained working relationship with Sonko.

“Dear Nairobians, it is with a heavy heart that I resign my seat as elected Deputy Governor of Nairobi City County effective 1pm on 31st Jan 2018. I regret I have failed to earn the trust of the Governor to enable me to drive Admin & Management of the county,” he posted on his Twitter account. “Without fear, favor or ill will I step down to avoid abusing or betraying my oath of office to Kenyans, Nairobians & my family. Thank you for the encouraging support given to me so far,” he added.
 

READ ALSO:   Why this beautiful apartment complex in Nairobi is about to be demolished
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

VIDEO: Kenyan politician calls for law allowing chopping off of sex offenders’ manhood

Published

on

A Kenyan politician says sex offenders should not be allowed to only serve jail sentences and walk away. Isiolo Woman Representative, Rehema Jaldesa,  wants convicted sex offenders to have their manhood chopped off as  a way of discouraging sexual violence.

Ms Jaldesa has argued that the 10-year jail terms, which such offenders are often sentenced to, is very lenient in comparison to the damage they inflict on their victims.

The legislator, who is a vocal advocate against gender-based violence especially in Isiolo county, has also decried what she termed as widespread cases of defilement, rape and child pregnancies across the county, with perpetrators easily getting off the hook.

Most of sex offenders, she said, are walking free because such cases are often resolved out of court by elders and religious leaders.

Ms Jaldesa spoke during the launch of a three-year programme dubbed ‘Wajibika’ signed by the county government, office of the county women representative and the Center for Rights Education and Awareness (CREAW).

She further said that sex offences should no longer be handled by community leaders but the perpetrators should instead be arraigned in court to face criminal charges.

SOURCE: Nairobi News.

 

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Sonko finds 12 bodies of infants hidden in boxes at Pumwani Hospital
Continue Reading

News

Odinga family opposed Raila ‘swearing-in’, says Oburu

Published

on

Raila dares those against his swearing in to arrest him

The Odinga family was opposed to the controversial swearing-in of National Super Alliance (Nasa) leader Raila Odinga as the “People’s president” lastyear, his brother Oburu Odinga has disclosed.

Speaking at ACK St Stephen Cathedral in Kisumu yesterday during a service to marie Jaramogi’s 25th anniversary, Oburu who spoke on behalf of the family said they were reluctant to have Raila take the oath fearing the possible consequences.

The government had earlier warned to deal with those who participated in the ceremony saying that it amounted to treason.

Oburu said it was Raila’s bravery and act of courage that saw him agree to take the oath that could see him hanged by the State.

Source: People Daily

READ ALSO:   Why this beautiful apartment complex in Nairobi is about to be demolished
Continue Reading

Business

American tourist visiting Mara in trouble over fight with a local resident

Published

on

An American tourist has been arrested following a fight with a businessman in Narok town.

The foreigner, who has been identified as Mr Amando Kurti from Alabama, United States, is set to be arraigned on Monday for assault and resisting arrest, according to Narok OCPD Joseph Kisombe.

But the man’s partner Ms Danielle Olivier, who is a New Zealander, and Narok Senator Ledama ole Kina, have accused the police of taking sides.

“The police seem to fear Mr Ishmael, why haven’t they arrested him after equally injuring the tourist,” said Mr Kina.

Ms Olivier blamed the trader for starting the fight.

Narok Senator Ledama ole Kina (right) and Danielle Olivier from New Zealand, whose partner Amando Kurti was arrested for allegedly assaulting a businessman in Narok, arrive at Narok Police Station on February 17, 2019. PHOTO | GEORGE SAYAGIE | NATION MEDIA GROUP

Source: Daily Nation

READ ALSO:   Sonko denies bribing workers
Continue Reading
poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2018 Calendar

January 2018
M T W T F S S
« Dec   Feb »
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!