Connect with us

News

Kuria rubbishes claims that Mt Kenya region’s support for William Ruto in 2022 is not automatic

Published

on

Kuria rubbished claims that Mt Kenya region's support for William Ruto's in 2022 is not automatic
Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By ALLAN TAWAI

A war of words has erupted between Gatundu South Member of Parliament Moses Kuria and his colleague Ngunjiri Wambugu over Mount Kenya region’s support for William Ruto’s presidential bid in 2022.

Speaking to a congregation at Imani PCEA church in Nyeri County on Sunday, January 7, the Gatundu South policymaker reproved his Nyeri Town counterpart for asserting that Mt Kenya people’s support for the deputy president (DP) come 2022 is not automatic.

“It’s too early to talk about 2022 elections, but now that my brother Kuria has broached the issue, my personal opinion is that our support for the DP will not come automatically but rather will be based on his track record,” Wambugu argued in a Facebook post.

The Nyeri Town lawmaker seems to be in agreement with former Kiambu county governor, William Kabogo, who also recently reiterated that Mt Kenya region will not be forced to support Ruto’s presidential bid in 2022.

Nevertheless, not all leaders from the vast Mt Kenya voting bloc agree with Kabogo and Wambugu. This is despite some political analysts arguing that the region is not known to support any other presidential candidate apart from their own.

Kuria rubbished claims that Mt Kenya region will not rally behind William Ruto in 2022.

Kuria rubbished claims that Mt Kenya region will not rally behind William Ruto in 2022.

While reacting to Wambugu’s remarks, Kuria called on leaders to allow the country to recover from the divisive 2017 polls and let the 2022 succession politics wait.

READ ALSO:   Come and arrest me, Kabogo dares the US over drug trafficking claims

“Elected legislators like my friend Ngunjiri should stop the sideshows at a time when the country is trying to recover the time lost in the costly 2017 general elections,” Kuria said.

The Gatundu South legislator also slated reports that there was a split between DP Ruto and President Uhuru Kenyatta over the recent cabinet appointments.

As previously reported, Ruto was conspicuously missing when President Uhuru announced the first batch of his new cabinet secretaries on Friday, January 5.

There have been heated discussions over the new cabinet appointments after a local newspaper reported that the deputy president was not happy with inclusion of ex-President Daniel arap Moi’s son, Gideon Moi, in the new cabinet line-up.

However, Ruto has since rebutted the claims and urged Kenyans to give the president space to execute his constitutional mandate.

 


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lifestyle

Foul smell leads to recovery of couple

Published

on

Crime Scene Tape
Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Decomposing bodies of a couple that has been missing for more than a week were found in their house in Laini centre off the Nairobi-Nakuru highway, yesterday.

A foul smell emanating from the house of the 72-year-old-man and his wife, 62, led to their recovery. Police have launched investigations into the incident.

There were conflicting reports about the deaths with some claiming that the two were murdered while others suspected that they could have died of carbon monoxide emitted from a jiko.

Police declined to give names of the deceased until the next of kin are informed. Emotions ran high as locals viewed the bodies.

A village elder, Moses Mwathi, revealed that the couple was working in a quarry before they went missing.

Mwathi said neighbours thought that they had travelled to their rural home but got concerned after a foul smell started emanating from their house.

“On checking they noticed that the house was locked from inside and the bodies could be seen lying on their bed,” he said.

Police gained access into the house after breaking the door. The bodies were taken to the mortuary

Naivasha OCPD Samuel Waweru said initial investigations pointed to carbon monoxide poisoning from a jiko.

READ ALSO:   Moses Kuria arrested for allegedly punching, kicking woman

“We can’t, however, rule out murder at this moment and only a post-mortem examination will establish the real cause of the death,” said the police boss.

And in the nearby Kinungi village, a 35-year-old farmworker committed suicide by hanging himself in a house.

The body was found by his employer before police were called in. Jim Kimani, a friend to the deceased, said he was in low spirits over debts.

“He claimed that some people he owed money were harassing him but we never thought that he would commit suicide,” Kimani said.

by Standardmedia.co.ke


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Business

LET’S HOLD HANDS WITH OPTIVEN FOUNDATION

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By helping someone achieve their dream,
You are well on your way to achieving your own dream!

Together with partners like you, the Optiven Foundation is changing one life at a time, by reaching the most vulnerable and meeting their needs. Because the needs are growing daily, we are open to hold hands with you and make our world a better place. Make your donation to Optiven Foundation via Paybill 898 630, Account name: Mobility

For more info, call us on +254 718 77 60 33 or info@optivenfoundation.org
www.optivenfoundation.org
#TransformingLives
#RestoringDignityof Senior citizens
#SharingHopewithOptiven


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
READ ALSO:   Kenyans descend on Murkomen after attacking Uhuru over toilet remarks
Continue Reading

News

I left Twitter because people insulted me a lot:Uhuru

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

BY OLIVIA MUNGWANA

President Uhuru Kenyatta has said Kenyans on Twitter were too hostile to him that is why he left.

Speaking during the launch of the the drive for the signatures for the Building Bridges Initiative, President Uhuru Kenyatta said he would spend so much time on Twitter, going through what people were saying and all he would see were abuses which would get to him.

He said he has been listening to people and talks to them before making decisions, but going to Twitter to see what people were saying was not a pleasant experience for him. He now says he would rather spend time with his wife in the evening before sleeping and wake up to go to work.

Mimi hata huko Twitter, mimi niliondoka huko, nikaona hio kitu ni bure ni matusi tu, unakaa hapo unasoma, haulali, halafu unapiga simu, unaona vile huyo mtu amenitusi, afadhali nilale bana, nipige story na mama kidogo hapo, nilale, niamke, niende kazi, dunia iendelee,” he said.

Uhuru left Twitter in 2018 . He was most followed leader in Sub-Saharan Africa on Twitter with more than three million followers.


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
READ ALSO:   Maribe arrives at a wedding in a chopper accompanied by Moses Kuria
Continue Reading

Special Offer: Own one starting at Ksh 3.7M


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

January 2018
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending