Connect with us

News

Raila dares those against his swearing in to arrest him

Published

on

Raila dares those against his swearing in to arrest him
Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By ALLAN TAWAI

The National Super Alliance leader Raila Odinga has dared those against his swearing in to arrest him, dismissed claims that he is afraid of being sworn-in as president.

Mr. Odinga, accompanied by his deputy Kalonzo Musyoka, assured their supporters that the January 30 ceremony will proceed as planned.

“On January 30, I will be sworn in and this time it’s a real deal and anyone one saying its treason let him come and arrest us.” Said Raila.

Attorney General Githu Muigai had earlier told the Opposition leaders that the oath amounts to treason since President Uhuru Kenyatta has assumed office.

“The event is not only about carrying the Bible and saying ‘I swear’, we want to make it real,” Raila said during a rally in Kakamega on Sunday.

“We want this swearing-in process to be inclusive of all Kenyans. That’s why we are discussing before we go ahead.”

NASA principal Raila Odinga lifts the Bible presented to him as a birthday gift from Western leaders in Kakamega, Sunday, January 7, 2018.

NASA principal Raila Odinga lifts the Bible presented to him as a birthday gift from Western leaders in Kakamega, Sunday, January 7, 2018.

Raila and other leaders who spoke at the event took a swipe at the Jubilee government for harassing NASA supporters during and after the presidential elections.

READ ALSO:   PHOTOS: 37 year old woman photographed with Raila explains her side of the story as internet goes wild

He alleged that the government has murdered over 300 people following the dispute over the August 8 election.

The Opposition chief called for the constitutional reforms on sections of the 2010 Constitution that have ‘grey areas’.

NASA has been pushing for electoral justice on grounds the October 26 vote, which they abandoned, did not reflect the will of Kenyans.

Raila said the repeat election was not legitimate hence their withdrawal from the contest, adding that the Wafula Chebukati-led IEBC was being controlled by Jubilee.

He met with leaders from the Western region at Kakamega Golf Hotel before holding rallies around the town to drum up support for his swearing-in fete.

Mr. Musyoka, who returned to the country recently after a long stay in Germany attending to his sick wife, said he is still strong in the coalition.

“This serious business that we are involved in and we won’t give up easily,” Kalonzo said.

He took swipe at the foreign governments that rubber-stamped the disputed election.

“We have a meaningless democracy and we tell foreign governments to respect our decision,” the Wiper leader added.

The leaders called upon their supporters to remain calm and avoid any violence.

“We won’t destroy our nation. Let them be the one to take the blame. What we need is self-purification,” Kalonzo said.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Raila speaks from DRC as rumors that he's in China for Cancer treatment denied

The leaders resolved that the Western region will not recognise the Uhuru Kenyatta presidency.

Raila was accompanied by co-principals Musalia Mudavadi (ANC), Moses Wetang’ula (Ford-K), governors, a host MPs, and Senators.

Mudavadi said Kenyans were bitter because their right to vote democratically was stolen.

“Our movement wants to make sure that the future elections will be fair and free of manipulation,” he said.

For his part, Wetangula said they want to make the country a better place under Raila’s leadership.

“We won the August 8 election but the results were manipulated to favour Jubilee Party,” Wetangula said, “We can’t keep on seeing a nation that stands on a lie in each of the government policy.”

Kakamega Senator Cleophas Malala said all elected leaders under NASA coalition will sign an affidavit to recognize Raila as Kenya’s president.

“Any MP who won’t sign the affidavit will be seen as a traitor and a Jubilee mole,” Malala said.

NASA coalition’s strategist David Ndii said the current regime forced its way into office through electoral prejudice.

 


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Courts

Mombasa lawyer loses Sh20 million to ‘mganga hatari’

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

A Mombasa lawyer charged with stealing Sh20 million from his client told a court the money was swindled by a mganga from Tanzania. Witchdoctor

Musa Ngare Aziz told Senior Principal Magistrate Francis Kyambia that he contracted a Mr Mohammed, a witch doctor, to help him sell red mercury reportedly valued at over Sh100 million. The mercury was purportedly in the possession of a woman identified as Sarah from Samburu.

Mohammed took Aziz through ritual including meeting with ‘invisible sheikhs’ in dark caves in Mombasa, besides other rituals in Tanzania to help in selling the mercury to increase his fortunes.

But it was the beginning of his financial drain, physical torture and death threats, said Aziz, who confessed to his parents after recovering from a road accident that, “I had been conned a lot of money mainly belonging to my clients.”

Aziz said a friend introduced him to Sarah as a client in need of legal services to sell mercury. Sarah in turn, introduced him to the mganga ostensibly after failing to find a buyer. Since the deal was purportedly worth Sh105 million, a lawyer was needed. Aziz was taken to a house in Kisauni belonging to a woman identified as Mama Agnes.

READ ALSO:   ALL KENYA TV STATIONS: Watch live updates on Raila's swearing in or lack of it

“I went to verify the mercury, Agnes poured it on a razor blade and it turned black and while my friend’s blue pen turned red,” Aziz told the court.

“However, Sarah claimed to have seen a snake in the mercury and was told by elders that only Mohamed could help because there was something bad halting the transaction, which needed cleansing,” Aziz narrated.

He added that he used his own and client’s money for Mohammed’s costly rituals for which he was brought before the court charged with stealing Sh20 million belonging to his client, Majid Rashid Abdalla, on diverse dates between October 6 and 27, 2015.

The police haven’t arrested Mohammed or the ‘invisible sheikhs’ as they apparently are afraid of venturing into the dark caves.

Aziz told the court that the invisible sheikhs asked for a bag, which disappeared but was returned full of cash equivalent to Sh105 million – the value of the mercury. The bag was then closed and keys handed to Aziz to open once the sheikhs secured a buyer for the mercury.

He said Mohamed had asked him and his team to bring with them Sh20,000 as entry fee into the cave and a big bag. He was told to place Sh300,000 in the four corners of the bag totalling Sh1.2 million.

READ ALSO:   Orengo ‘prophetic’ warning which Jubilee lawmakers failed to heed – VIDEO

He said that voices demanded the bag, which disappeared and when it returned, it was full of cash equivalent to Sh105 million.

The invisible sheikhs then demanded a second bag stashed with 1.5 million on each corner but when Aziz returned to the cave with the bag containing $60,000 (Sh6 million), the sheikhs were not impressed. They reportedly threatened and tortured Aziz, who was warned against going to work and was fined Sh100,000.

Every Thursday, Mohammed demanded Sh80,000 to feed the invisible sheikhs with camel meat. He gave Mohamed the cash directly or took it to the caves himself or through his friend. Aziz also catered for Mohamed’s travels from Tanzania and accommodation in Nyali during the entire duration of the rituals in Mombasa.

Aziz promised to reimburse the money in instalments. Hearing is set for Nov 25.

by Standardmedia.co.ke


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Lifestyle

DCI begins probing online gang luring teenage girls to ‘sex parties’

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) have today started investigating an online cartel that has been luring school girls to city ‘sex parties’.

In a statement released on Saturday, DCI said preliminary investigations had established that the girls were lured out of their homes through a social media account named Carty-gang-ent.

According to DCI, the cartel has been using internationally-registered telephone numbers to conceal their identity although they operate from Nairobi.

The investigations began after detectives rescued six out of seven teenage girls reported missing.

Rescued girls

The seven, all aged 16 years, were last seen in Nairobi’s Komarock area on November 14 forcing their parents to seek for help.

One of the girl’s kin begged members of the public in a viral video to help them trace the girls.

In the video, the distressed woman said they fear the girls were being trafficked for sex because the number used to communicate to them was an American line.

The rescued girls told DCI’s Anti-Human Trafficking and Child Protection Unit and the Crime Research and Intelligence Bureau officers that they were lured from their home and linked up in partying joints in Nairobi.

READ ALSO:   Orengo ‘prophetic’ warning which Jubilee lawmakers failed to heed – VIDEO

Detectives said other parents from Kayole and Komarock areas have reported cases of teenage girls disappearing

“Some of the parents reported their daughters were missing after they failed to return home several days after leaving,” said DCI.

Hunt down

Detectives said the hunt down is on and all members of the cartel will be arrested and charged.

DCI also told parents to take a keen interest in their children’s activities at home and on social media networks.

“As the investigations go on, we wish to issue a stern warning to individuals taking advantage of the Covid-19 pandemic to prey on school girls who are at home, especially through the social media networks, that their days are numbered,” said DCI in a statement.

by Standardmedia.co.ke


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Immigration News

Three Kenyans facing deportation over marriage fraud in US

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  • 1
  •  
  •  
  •  

A Kenyan-born woman in the United States is facing deportation after she was found guilty of marriage fraud conspiracy.

Fidelina Mwelu Mutisya, 61, of Winchester, Ohio was found guilty by a Missouri court on Tuesday, according to a statement released by the US Attorney’s Office, Western District of Missouri.

Ms Mutisya admitted to entering in a fraudulent marriage arranged by Delmar Dixon of Kansas City to bypass federal immigration laws with an aim of obtaining permanent residency and/or American citizenship.

She was charged together with 36-year-old Nellie Mbote of Lee’s Summit, Missouri and 40-year-old Rogers Onyango Guche of Cypress, Texas.

The three Kenyans were accused of paying Dixon to arrange their marriages.

According to the statement, they also paid their American ‘spouses’ Sh100,000 ($1,000) at the time of the wedding and Sh10,000 ($100) monthly until the immigration process was complete.

Mbote is said to have exchanged his vows in 2009 while Mutisya and Onyango wedded their spouses in 2007.

Dixon is said to have coached the three Kenyans and their spouses on how to make their marriages appear legitimate by advising the couples to get to know each other and make it appear as if they were living together.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Raila leaves people in stitches with his hilarious "Wakamba watakupatia" joke

Dixon, who was charged in a separate but related case, was sentenced on July 13, 2017 to three years in federal prison after admitting he arranged between 30 and 40 fraudulent marriages.

Having been found guilty, Mutisya’s naturalisation will be revoked and her certificate of naturalisation annulled.

She had been admitted to the US on a visitor (B-1) visa and is a lawful resident.

The Kenyan also faces deportation under the US federal law, having committed multiple removable offenses, including the one she pleaded guilty to.

But her extradition and other immigration consequences will be subject to a separate proceeding.

By NN


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  • 1
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Special Offer: Own one starting at Ksh 3.7M


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

January 2018
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending