Connect with us

News

Raila’s spokesman supports Trump’s Sh**t hole remarks, social media errupts

Published

on

BY BMJ MURIITHI

ODM leader Raila Odinga’s spokesman, Dennis Onyango, has caused an online storm after complimenting US President Donald Trump over his  remarks describing African nations as “sh**hole” countries.

Onyango agrees with Trump that there indeed are such Countries, citing the intrigues surrounding last year’s presidential elections in Kenya to justify the US Head of State’s claims.

Related video: Trevor Noah responds.

The spokesman also wonders why immigrants living in the US have not returned home in protest over Trump’s remarks.

On Thursday, President  Trump was reported as referring to Haiti and African nations as “sh**hole countries” during a meeting with a bipartisan group of senators at the White House, eliciting worldwide condemnation.

Watch related video below:

Trump’s comments were first reported by The Washington Post.

Onyango was quick to react on Facebook.

“On the sh*thole nations business, I stand with Trump. There are sh*thole nations on earth and Trump should get citizens of such nations out of the US,” Onyango notes.

“Does anybody know one country where the head of elections body declared he could not guarantee credible elections as Wafula Chebukati did in Kenya then proceeded to hold elections and claimed they were credible, free and fair?”

READ ALSO:   BREAKING: Why Nakuru's Governor Mbugua has bowed out of the race

“The Supreme Court asked the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission to open its servers. That order stands ignored to date and then we say we are unaware of a sh*thole nation? Does anybody know a country that ignored the orders of its Supreme Court especially on a matter as critical as presidential elections?”

“Which country ever failed to raise a quorum to hear a Supreme Court case as happened in Kenya in 2017? And then we say there is no sh*thole nation on earth? There are sh*thole nations on earth that can’t pay their doctors, professors, nurses, teachers and can’t elect leaders.”

He also questions why African migrants in United States have not returned to their countries in protests of Trump’s remarks, if they believe their nations are not “sh**hole.”

“Their citizens run to the US, Europe and even the Middle East. Trump says it and we feign anger but no citizen of those sh*thole nations leaves US to return home in protest because they know there is sh*t at home. Trump is right. There are sh*thole nations on earth,” wrote Onyango.

 

Here is the full post:

On the sh**hole nations business, I stand with Trump. There are shithole nations on earth and Trump should get citizens of such nations out of the US. 
Does anybody know one country where the head of elections body declared he could not guarantee credible elections as Wafula Chebukati did in Kenya then proceeded to hold elections and claimed they were credible, free and fair?
The Supreme Court asked IEBC to open its servers. That order stands ignored to date and then we say we are unaware of a shithole nation? Does anybody know a country that ignored the orders of its Supreme Court especially on a matter as critical as presiential elections?
Which country ever failed to raise a quorum to hear a Supreme Court case as happened in Kenya in 2017? And then we say there is no shithole nation on earth?
There are shithole nations on earth that cant pay their doctors, professors, nurses, teachers and can’t elect leaders. Their citizens run to the US, Europe and even the Middle East. Trump says it and we feign anger but no citizen of those shithole nations leaves US to return home in protest because they know there is shit at home. Trump is right. There are sh**hole nations on earth.

READ ALSO:   LATEST DETAILS: Family reveals cause of Susan Njeri Thomi Kariuki's death, sets up Gofundme account

 

Reactions were swift:

Owenga Major Samfred This is what happens when one thinks they ought to have a say in everything. Trumps ‘Shithole’ comments are RACIST no matter how you look at them.
You are completely off on this and not even education will salvage you. Instead you need a thorough reexamination of self as you suffer a big head syndrome.

Mell Gibson ODM is the biggest shithole in africa, you people rigged nominations for the preferred candidates especially in homabay, kisumu, clean your house before shouting loud.

Paka Maridadi My brother Onyango,i beg to disagree with you on this,Kenya will never or any country will never be a shithole,each country has one or good sides of them.Our leaders are assholes but not my country Kenya.

John Simba And what you guys did in Nyatike warrants the place to be declared as the mother of shit holes.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

IN PICTURES: This man Inayat Kassam

Published

on

BY OLIVIA MUNGWANA

His face has been splashed on local and international papers as he gallantly rescued and directed survivors of the Tuesdays attack at 14 Riverside complex.

Meet Inayat Kassam, the man who saved lives during the Westgate attack in 2013 and on Tuesday stepped up again to be among the first responders.

Kenyans across the country have been paying glowing tribute to Mr Kassam, calling him a hero for his selfless sacrifice to rescue victims trapped in Dusit D2 Hotel.

On 21st September 2013, after four masked gunmen attacked Westgate shopping mall and killed at least 67 people, he was among the first people who rushed to the scene of attack

Mr Kassam is not a police officer. He is a licensed firearm holder and a security instructor who trains people on how to use weapons at a shooting range.

Inayat Kassam during Westgate and the Riverside operation

 

 

Inayat Kassam

 

 

Inayat Kassam rescues a woman from Dusit attack

 

Inayat Kassam during the Riverside operation

 

 

READ ALSO:   BREAKING: Why Nakuru's Governor Mbugua has bowed out of the race
Continue Reading

News

Linturi: Kitany out to rip me off my property

Published

on

Meru Senator Mithika Linturi has urged a Nairobi court to dismiss an application by Ms Marianne Kitany, who claims to be his wife, saying, she is trying to strip him of his property.

Arguing before the court yesterday, Mr Linturi, through lawyer Muthomi Thiankolu, said Ms Kitany hid some facts from the court when she got temporary orders giving her exclusive use of their Runda home.

The senator denied that Ms Kitany was a “jobless housewife with no stable income”, but that she has several multimillion properties, businesses and assets.

I have never cohabited or entered into a customary relationship with the petitioner” he said. He said he never dissolved his marriage to Ms Mercy Kaimenyi and claims that he and Ms Kitany were married under Meru customary law were false.

Mr Linturi told the court Ms Kitany has no evidence to prove he has been violent towards her and the court order was a desperate attempt to defraud him of property. Instead, it was Ms Kitany who was “cruel, mean and hostile towards my children who are still at a tender age”.

But Ms Kitany, through lawyer Danstan Omari, insisted that there was a very personal relationship between the two and she was not a visitor as alleged by Mr Linturi.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Chiloba now explains why Chebukati's login was used for 9,000 transactions

She said the amount of time they spent together cannot be wished away and that she even campaigned for him during the 2017 General Election.

Her lawyer said the court has a duty to protect the dignity of people in personal relationships and any forcible eviction without due regard to the law must be resisted.

She is a jobless former public servant while the respondent is a powerful senator. She is therefore vulnerable and the rightful place where she can seek protection is the court,” he said.

He said it will be a great calamity if men are allowed to “use and dump women”.

Senior Resident Magistrate Isaac Orenge will rule on the matter on February 1. Ms Kitany will meanwhile remain at the Runda residence.

Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: PRESIDENT: All Dusit attackers have been killed

Published

on

All terrorists who stormed Dusit office park in Nairobi on Tuesday have been killed, President Uhuru Kenyatta announced has announced.

On the other hand, at least ten people have died and 30 others rushed to various hospitals in Nairobi with injuries following a suspected terrorist attack at an upscale hotel in Nairobi’s Westlands.

Five people died at the Secret Garden restaurant in the Dusit complex after a suspected suicide bomber blew himself, according to the Inspector-General of Police Joseph Boinnet.

Another woman succumbed to her injuries at the MP Shah Hospital which had received six casualties following the Tuesday afternoon attack.

Four survivors were taken to the Aga Khan University Hospital.

At least 174 people have been rescued in an attack that has left 15 people dead. The bodies arrived at Chiromo Mortuary by 1am and more are expected. Attendants said they had been put on standby.

More to follow.

READ ALSO:   BREAKING: Why Nakuru's Governor Mbugua has bowed out of the race
Continue Reading

Trending

error: Content is protected !!