Former Kenyan TV presenter Louis Otieno goes deaf - Kenya Satellite News Network
Connect with us

News

Former Kenyan TV presenter Louis Otieno goes deaf

Published

on

Former television news anchor Lious Otieno has appealed for financial help to enable him undergo specialized treatment to regain his hearing. The family has revealed that Lious Otieno, who worked for a number of TV stations including KTN, KBC and Citizen, suffers from acute pancreatitis.

The journalist has been in and out of hospital over the past few years.  The Louis Otieno Medical Fund was launched on Friday by a committee formed to raise funds to help in offsetting the medical bills. The committee said Louis lost his hearing while in hospital.

“Efforts to get his hearing fixed including using hearing aids have not been successful,” it said. “During this period, he has not been able to engage in any gainful income generating activities which has been strenuous for him and family.”

The only way his hearing can be fixed is by having a procedure undertaken in India called Cochlear implant. A cochlear implant (CI) is a surgically implanted electronic device that provides a sense of sound to a person who is profoundly deaf or severely hard of hearing in both ears; as of 2014 they had been used experimentally in some people who had acquired deafness in one ear after learning how to speak.

Cochlear implants bypass the normal hearing process; they have a sound processor that resides on the outside of the skin (and generally worn behind the ear) which contains microphones, electronics, battery, and a coil which transmits a signal to the implant. The implant has a coil to receive signals, electronics, and an array of electrodes which is placed into the cochlea, which stimulate the cochlear nerve.

READ ALSO:   Larry Madowo goes after Matiang'i in scathing attack

“The cost of this very needed surgery is quite high and hence our reaching out to friends, well-wishers, former peers and anyone who feels moved to support this man get his life back again,” the committee says.

Louis-Otieno-medical-fund Former TV presenter Louis Otieno goes deaf

Otieno has not been in good health for the past four years. In 2014, images of a frail Lious at Matter Hospital appeared on social media, which left many wondering what had happened to him.

At the time, Louis, the son of long-time radio presenter Elizabeth Omollo, was battling alcoholism.

 

LOUIS OTIENO MEDICAL FUND APPEAL

The committee, family and friends of Louis Otieno would like to inform you of the official launch of Louis Otieno Medical Funds Drive. As you all may be aware Louis has been unwell and in and out of hospital being treated for acute pancreatitis. During one of his admissions, Louis lost his hearing while in hospital. Efforts to get his hearing fixed including using hearing Aids have not been successful. During this period, he has not been able to engage in any gainful income generating activities which has been straineous for him and family.

After consultations with doctors, it was agreed that the only way the hearing could be fixed was by having a procedure undertaken in India called Cochlear implant.

The cost of this very needed surgery is quite high and hence our reaching out to friends, wellwishers, former peers and anyone who feels moved to support this man get his life back again.

A pay bill number has been opened (LOUIS ARMSTRONG OTIENO.Paybill Number 333957) and is active so you can send your donations directly to the paybill. The committee is also planning a harambee to support Louis. We all know of the great work he did in media and we wish to see him continue this good work.

Join us in the initiative to help Louis Otieno gain his hearing back again!

Thank you all in advance for responding to this call and may God bless you.

Sincerely

Committee of Louis Otieno Medical Fund.

……………………………….

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: It was a monostrous fraud...it will be a bombshell...I've never seen anything like it, says Orengo

Troubled career

Louis Otieno took a low-profile after quitting the screen five years ago. He has been on the spot over the 2012 death of his girlfriend Careen Chepchumba, the former Kenya Power employee who was found dead in her apartment. The family believes Louis Otieno, who was dating the then 26-year-old lady, had something to do with her mysterious death. He has since denied the charges including accusations that he extorted money from her.

Careen father, Hosea Kili, made the sensational revelations at the opening of the inquest into the death of Ms Chepchumba in May 2016 before a Kibera court.

-Business Daily

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Business

Betty Kyallo posts sexy photo of self, keeps Kenyans guessing her next move

Published

on

Long after Kenyan news outlets announced that former KTN News anchor Betty Kyalo was set to make her debut as an anchor at K24 TV station after ditching the Moi family owned media House along Mombasa Road, she is yet to grace the screen.

On Saturday she took to Twitter with a sexy photo of herself captioned: Weeeuuh it’s been a while… mko poa lakini? Kupitia tu😘😘😘

According to sources, Managers at MediaMax Network were to repackage K24’s English evening news team with Kyalo set to replace Anjlee Gadhvi, who currently hosts the Weekend Edition from Friday.

“Gadvhi might be pushed to Sunday as Betty is expected to take up the 9 pm bulleting on Friday and Saturdays,” opined Kenyans.co.ke, a leading Kenyan online publication.

Gerorge Omwami wrote: I am tired of waiting, but happy to see your beautiful self.

Weeeuuh it’s been a while… mko poa lakini? Kupitia tu😘😘😘 pic.twitter.com/zrS3hhMjoW

— Betty Kyallo (@BettyMKyallo) November 15, 2018

It is not clear when or even whether the controversial beauty will report to the new work station.

News anchor Betty Kyalo

According to sources, Betty was expected to fill the gap left by Richard Kagoe, who joined BBC, and Michelle Morgan, who quit to pursue personal interests.

K24 has been said to be planning an extensive makeover to position itself as one of the leading broadcasters in the region.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: 33 year old Kenyan woman found dead in Minnesota

“The Kijabe Street-based TV station has been giving viewers teasers of what to expect with a series of short clips meant to arouse expectations,” wrote Kenyans.co.ke.

K24 studio

The move is aimed at updating studio equipment, redesigning the television studios as well as possibly introducing brand new anchors and presenters to give the channel a fresh appeal.

Top NTV Journalist Dennis Okari is officially taken!

According to a Heads Up source, the born again journalist tied the knot at a secret traditional wedding held in Ukambani.

Betty Kyallo’s ex husband Dennis Okari (Right) got married to his girlfriend (left) in October 2018. FILE PHOTO

The father of one has been dating his new wife for a while now, though he kept it on the low to avoid another bad omen after his highly publicized first marriage to a fellow TV anchor Betty Kyallo hit a dead end just weeks after their honeymoon.

The red and white themed traditional wedding was held on October 27.

Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince MBS directly ordered Khashoggi’s assassination

Published

on

CIA has concluded that Saudi Crown Prince M. Bin Salman ordered the assassination of dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi, the Washington Post reported late Friday.

“In reaching its conclusions, the CIA examined multiple sources of intelligence, including a phone call that the prince’s brother Khalid bin Salman, the Saudi ambassador to the United States, had with Khashoggi, according to the people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the intelligence,” the Post said in a piece.

Khashoggi, a frequent contributor to The Washington Post, was killed Oct. 2 inside the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul.

After weeks of denying any involvement in the crime, Saudi Arabia later admitted that Khashoggi had been killed inside the consulate but claimed the Saudi royal family had no prior knowledge of any plot to murder the journalist.

His body has yet to be returned to his family amid reports that it was chemically dissolved.

Daily Sabah

READ ALSO:   After Kaikai, Larry Madowo seems to be next as plot thicken at NMG
Continue Reading

News

VIDEO: Jowie writes to JSC, wants judge sacked over ‘woman eater’ tag

Published

on

Murder suspect Joseph Irungu alias Jowie has formally lodged a complaint at the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) seeking to have Justice James Wakiaga removed from the case.

Jowie also wants the judge to be sacked altogether for displaying open bias against him after he referred to him as a ‘woman eater’.

Justice Wakiaga released Jacque Maribe on bail, but denied Jowie the same in a ruling that has gained reputation for the descriptions a ‘woman eater’ and ‘male version of a slay queen’.

“By describing me as a woman-eater, the judge abused his position and compounded the female gender to be nothing less than items to be eaten, which is quite foul and degrading coming from a sitting judge,” Jowie stated in his complaint to the JSC.

“Indeed the judge used the most uncouth, derogatory and injudicious language against me as being a male version of a slay queen.”

Jowie ALSO questioned the judge’s integrity and demanded disciplinary action to be taken against him.

Jowie and his fiancee, Citizen TV anchor Jacque Maribe, are accused of murdering businesswoman Monica Kimani at her Kilimani apartment.

Monica was found in a bathtub with her hands and legs tied and her throat slit.

Nairobinews

READ ALSO:   FULL VIDEO: Uninterrupted Jamhuri Day celebrations at Kasarani, Nairobi
Continue Reading
poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2018 Calendar

February 2018
M T W T F S S
« Jan   Mar »
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!