Connect with us

News

California donut eating contest.

Published

on

California donut eating contest.

By ALLAN TAWAI

It was a day of celebration for many North Americans on Friday (June 1) as National Donut Day was celebrated across the country.

In Hollywood, some people took the celebration to the next level by competing in a donuts eating competition outside the TCL Chinese Theatre. The objective was to try and beat the world record of 55 donuts eaten in 8 minutes, set by eating champion Joey Chestnut.

 Joey Chestnut

Joey Chestnut

Speaking to press, Lieutenant colonel Kyle Smith of salvation army said that the eating competition was meant to bring attention to the fact that the Salvation Army is seeking to help veterans by trying to raise a little bit of money to help them.

“We help in so many different ways but want to help the body, the mind and the soul. And we did it eating donuts.” Said Kyle Smith

Although Chestnut was absent from this year’s competition, rival competitive eater Matthew Stonie  scooped the prize but only managed to consume 48 donuts. He blamed his lack of donuts consumption on issues he had the night before.

“I was getting nose bleeds all night and the dry air in my room or something so it is what it is. I did the best I could.” “I’ve been around the block. I know how to eat food but you know, for the past couple of weeks I’ve been getting donuts and trying out different techniques, getting my palette used to the flavor and texture.

While Stonie seemed happy with his win, other contestants looked pained after the competition finished – and probably won’t touch another donut until this time next year.

Major League master of ceremony (MC) Sam Barclay said that Joey Chestnut is still the world record holder.

“Well the world record still stands at 55. Today the winner, Matthew Stonie ate 48 Bakemark donuts in just 8 minutes.”

 

READ ALSO:   Rich rapper AY finally admits to owning the mega mansion in Calabasas, California, USA, talks about relocating
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Man who lost wife, children in Ethiopian plane crash to testify in US

Published

on

A man who lost his wife, three children and his mother-in-law in the ET302 Ethiopian Airline crash in March this year will today testify before the congress in the US.

Mr Paul Njoroge, 34, in an interview with US media said Boeing should scrap the plane and the top executives should resign and face criminal charges.

The distraught Kenyan said Boeing should have grounded the 737 Max planes after a previous deadly crash off the Indonesian Coast in October last year, but instead they kept allowing them in the sky.

USA Today reported that Mr Njoroge said if Boeing and the Federal Aviation Administration had done their job properly, the planes would have been grounded in November last year.

“Today, I would be enjoying summer with my family, I would be playing football with my son,” the US news site quoted him.

Mr Njoroge will be the first relative of the crash victims to testify before the congress, over the crash that claimed the lives of 346 passengers when the two planes crashed in Indonesia and Bishoftu in Ethiopia.

DESIGN FLAWS

He had earlier said that the families of the passengers had several demands that they wanted met before the aircraft model is allowed to fly again, citing ‘irredeemable design flaws’

READ ALSO:   Rich rapper AY finally admits to owning the mega mansion in Calabasas, California, USA, talks about relocating

A Chicago aviation lawyer, Robert Clifford, is sueing Boeing on Mr Njoroge’s behalf over the deaths of his wife, Carol, his son and daughters, 6-year-old Ryan, 4-year-old Kelli and 9-month-old Rubi, and his mother-in-law.

The Max was grounded worldwide shortly after that crash and it’s not clear when it will be certified to fly again.

American Airlines and United Airlines earlier this month both said they will keep the Boeing 737 Max plane off their schedule until November 3, leading to flight cancellations.

Mr Njoroge’s mother in law Anne Wangui Karanja, his wife and three children perished as they were coming home from Canada to introduce the youngest member of the family to Anne’s husband, Quindos Karanja in Kwa Amos village, Kabatini, in Bahati, Nakuru County.

Anne had been living in Canada for five months, where she had gone to help her daughter, after giving birth and had two other young children to take care of.

Source:nairobinews

Continue Reading

News

Body positivity: Kenyan celebrities who ignored body-shamers

Published

on

A number of celebrities have come forth preaching body positivity as they encourage women to love and embrace their bodies no matter what society thinks of them.

However, the internet is crawling with body-shamers who, like hyenas that have caught the scent of blood, are out to put down anyone whose body they deem unfit.

In a video shared her Instagram, media personality Lynda Nyangweso opened up about being body shamed. “Somebody called me whale,” she said in the video. “The meanest comment I ever got was that I didn’t deserve to have a child because of how I looked.

“When I was young, I would never eat in public. People would stare at me when I ate that I started eating in the toilet,” she confessed, her voice shaking as she recalled those hurtful moments.

The shaming got so bad that Lynda even contemplated suicide: “The only reason I didn’t go through with the suicide was because I worried that my mum wouldn’t find a coffin that fit me.”

Like Lynda, some celebrities have not let this cyber-bullying get to them. They are unashamed to wear what they like, take photos and even share them on social media all in an effort to put the shamers to shame.

READ ALSO:   Rich rapper AY finally admits to owning the mega mansion in Calabasas, California, USA, talks about relocating

“My sadness is for other girls who have to go through this,” Lynda says.

“If I was to meet a bully I would show kindness. Stop following people who make you feel bad about yourself. Protect your peace,” she concludes.

Source:SDE

Continue Reading

News

Man loses leg in attack by hyena

Published

on

A middle-aged man from Kyeleni village has lost his right leg after being mauled by a hyena on Monday night. Sources indicate the man, now admitted to Kangundo Level 4 Hospital, encountered the beast on his way home from a local shopping center.

He was later rescued by passers-by who rushed to the scene of the attack after he unleashed frantic screams.It is suspected that the beast strayed from Mt Kilimambogo’s Ol Donyo Sabuk National Reserve.

Kenya Wildlife Service officer, Polycarp Okuku who confirmed the incident said the victim was in a stable condition.

“The patient is recuperating in the hospital where he was rushed for treatment. Members of the public should report any wild animals they see in their neighbourhoods so that KWS can take necessary action to avert incidents such as this,” said Okuku

By Standard

READ ALSO:   Rich rapper AY finally admits to owning the mega mansion in Calabasas, California, USA, talks about relocating
Continue Reading

Do you want to own an affordable home in Kenya?

Are you looking for a Church to fellowship in Atlanta Metro Area?

poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

June 2018
M T W T F S S
« May   Jul »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!