Connect with us

Africa

Prince William azuru Tanzania akiwa njiani kwenda Kenya

Published

on

Mjukuu wa Malkia wa Uingereza, Prince William amewasili nchini leo Septemba 26, 2018 kwa ziara maalum ya siku tatu.

Katika Uwanja wa Ndege wa Kimataifa wa Julius Nyerere jijini Dar es Salaam, Prince William amepokelewa na Waziri wa Maliasili na Utalii, Dk Hamisi Kigwangalla, Waziri wa Katiba na Sheria, Profesa Palamagamba Kabudi na viongozi wengine wakiwamo mabalozi.

Akiwa uwanjani hapo, eneo la wageni mashuhuri, Prince William amepata muda wa kuteta na viongozi hao kwa muda mfupi.

Akiwa nchini, Prince William kesho anatarajiwa kukutana na Rais John Magufuli, katika mazungumzo ambayo yatalenga kushauriana kuhusu mikakati ya kukabiliana na ujangili na ulanguzi wa wanyamapori.

Ratiba inaonyesha, kesho hiyo hiyo atatembelea Bandari ya Dar es salaam na atakutana na Dk Kigwangalla katika ofisi ndogo ya wizara hiyo jijini Dar es Salaam.

Prince William na ugeni wake, ukiwa nchini unatarajia kutembelea Hifadhi ya Taifa ya Mkomazi na baadaye Chuo cha Wanyamapori cha Mwika (College of African Wildlife Management, Mwika (CAWM), kilichopo Moshi, mkoani Kilimanjaro na kisha kuendelea na ziara yake nchini Kenya.

Hata hivyo, imeelezwa kuwa lengo kuu ya ziara hiyo ya Prince William ni pamoja na kufuatilia juhudi za kukabiliana na ujangili na uhifadhi wa wanyama.

 

READ ALSO:   Prince William shares 'sadness' as he admits he and Harry are now 'separate entities'
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Africa

Trump confirms he is adding Tanzania, Nigeria to No-Travel list

Published

on

President Donald Trump has confirmed that he is adding seven countries to his US travel ban, including -surprisingly – Tanzania.

Nigeria, Africa’s most populous nation, is also on the list.

Trump told the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) in an interview from Davos, Switzerland, that he plans to extend the controversial ban citing the need to curb terrorism and discourage illegal immigration.

but declined to name the countries to be added to the list.

Several media outlets reported Tuesday that the 7 countries are Nigeria, SudanBelarusMyanmarTanzaniaKyrgyzstan and Eritrea.

Sources told that the list will be formally announce on Monday next week, on the third anniversary of the introduction of the original ban that targeted majority-Muslim countries.

The inclusion of Tanzania came as a surprise to many. However, analysts opine that it could have been targeted targeted because of its high number of citizens who have overstayed their US Visas.

“I don’t think it has anything to do with terror,” said a political analyst who did not wish to be named.

“But I can confirm to you that Tanzania is on the list of countries with high numbers of Visitors who have overstayed  their Visas.

READ ALSO:   Prince William shares 'sadness' as he admits he and Harry are now 'separate entities'

In 2018, The US Supreme Court, in a 5-4  ruling, upheld a version of the ban that blocked nationals from five Muslim-majority countries from entering the United States. The ban applies to people from Iran, Libya, Syria, Somalia and Yemen.

The ban had been challenged a few times in lower courts.

 

Continue Reading

Africa

‘Tell my family I am sorry,’ Last text by Basalirwa before committing suicide

Published

on

Arthur Basalirwa, a Makerere University Business School (MUBS) graduate left behind a message for his family before he allegedly committed suicide.

He had recently graduated with a first-class degree and had just gotten a job.

According to a social media user, Basalirwa is son to Doris Elizabeth Nansamba a journalist working with Capital/ Beat FM.

Arthur Basalirwa

It is alleged that his long-time partner *D turned him down.

In a post to his family, Basalirwa penned his last message to them,

‘Just make sure you tell my family it’s Okay. I am sorry but it’s too late I am sorry. Too much weighing on me.

I don’t want to live and see another day. I’m sorry but I cant stay I’m sorry too much weighing on me.’

In a screenshot of texts between him and D, Basalirwa had called her out for being rude to him to an extent of asking him to block her.

‘You will always ask yourself if you had sent me a more meaningful text. These are your last words to me. Goodbye D.’

To which D responded

‘F@ck you, just block me and never text me. Delete our chats and my number. Bye’

Basalirwa chat

By Mpasho

READ ALSO:   Prince William shares 'sadness' as he admits he and Harry are now 'separate entities'
Continue Reading

Africa

How ‘Africa’s richest woman’ stole fortune: ICIJ

Published

on

An award-winning investigative team published a trove of files Sunday allegedly showing how the daughter of Angola’s former president — dubbed Africa’s richest woman — siphoned hundreds of millions of dollars of public money into offshore accounts.

The New York-based International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) worked with newspapers such as Munich’s Suddeutsche Zeitung to reveal the “Panama Papers” tax haven scandal in 2016.

Its latest series called “Luanda Leaks” zeros in on Isabel dos Santos, the former Angola president’s daughter.

Angola’s prosecutors last month froze the bank accounts and assets owned by the 46-year-old businesswoman and her Congolese husband Sindika Dokolo. Dos Santos called it a groundless political vendetta at the time.

“Based on a trove of more than 715,000 files, our investigation highlights a broken international regulatory system that allows professional services firms to serve the powerful with almost no questions asked,” the ICIJ wrote.

The group said its team of 120 reporters in 20 countries was able to trace “how an army of Western financial firms, lawyers, accountants, government officials and management companies helped (dos Santos and Dokolo) hide assets from tax authorities”.

Dos Santos’s lawyer dismissed the ICIJ findings as a “highly coordinated attack” orchestrated by Angola’s current rulers.

READ ALSO:   Prince William shares 'sadness' as he admits he and Harry are now 'separate entities'

“It is obvious that our client is the subject of a highly coordinated attack on both her reputation and business,” the lawyer said in a statement quoted by The Guardian newspaper. Dos Santos herself told BBC Africa the file dump was part of a “witch hunt” meant to discredit her and her father Jose Eduardo dos Santos.

The former president’s daughter headed Angola’s national oil company Sonangol. Forbes magazine last year estimated her net worth at $2.2 billion.

Her father’s successor Joao Lourenco forced her out of the oil company after becoming president in 2017.

Dos Santos said on Wednesday that she would consider running for president in the next election in 2022. – Western consultants – The ICIJ investigation said Western consulting firms such as PwC and Boston Consulting Group were “apparently ignoring red flags” while helping her stash away public assets.

“Regulators around the globe have virtually ignored the key role Western professionals play in maintaining an offshore industry that drives money laundering and drains trillions from public coffers,” the report said.

Its document trove included redacted letters allegedly showing how consultants sought out ways to open non-transparent bank accounts.

One confidential document allegedly drafted by Boston Consulting in September 2015 outlined a complex scheme for the oil company to move its money offshore. It published a similar 99-page presentation from KPMG.

READ ALSO:   Prince William shares 'sadness' as he admits he and Harry are now 'separate entities'

None of the companies named issued immediate statements in response to the investigation

By Standard.co.ke

Continue Reading


Are you looking for a Church to fellowship in Atlanta Metro Area?

poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

September 2018
M T W T F S S
« Aug   Oct »
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!