Connect with us

News

BREAKING: Maribe throws fiance Jowi under the bus, says he shot himself point blank

Published

on

Citizen TV celebrity anchor Jacque Maribe is now unlikely to be charged as an accomplice to murder but could, instead, become a star prosecution witness against her fiance, Joseph Irungu, alias Jowie, Kenya’s Star Newspaper is reporting.

“This is because she has recanted her earlier statement to police explaining how Irungu was shot. Irungu is the prime suspect in the murder of businesswoman Monica Nyawira in Kilimani. He denies wrongdoing,” notes the paper.

This comes as some Kenyans have taken to social media to express their disappointment with “the shoddy attempt of cover up  a murder most foul,” with even some Smart Aleckses weighing in.

Laura Wangari Layla says: They’re a disgrace to any heist agenda.

Terry Terry writes on Facebook:  Honestly, if you wanna be a badass criminal, stop watching Nigerian movies where people die before the bullet reaches them or limp using left leg when he was shot on the right one jameni. You will be caught.”

Anonymous writes: “Jowie, Maribe and Kassaine are a disgrace to criminals around the world. This is what happens when you are busy partying instead of watching CSI.”

Jacquie Migide: I was sooooo disappointed as well! Who fills up a gun hole in the wall with wheat flour? 🙄

Catherine Riungu: And I hasten to add….they are amateur kirimonos.

With the retraction, Maribe may now testify against Irungu who faces charges of murder and attempted suicide.

READ ALSO:   Now Bank seizes Swaleh Mdoe’s Mercedes-Benz

Maribe is still locked up in a cell after a Kiambu court on Monday allowed police to hold her for 10 days. In the new statement, she has detailed how Irungu attempted to commit suicide at their Royal Park estate home in Lang’ata. He shot himself in the chest, she said.

Related Video:

Maribe demolished the explanation by Irungu that he was shot by criminals on a motorbike, while the two were driving home on the night of September 20.

Earlier, in a self-recorded statement, which was presented to Kilimani DCI officers, Maribe detailed how she and her fiance were trailed by gunmen, whom she accused of shooting Irungu.

A similar report had been filed at the Lang’ata police station by Maribe and Irungu, blaming the motorbike criminals for the shooting.

Related video:

Maribe first appeared before Kilimani DCI chief Fatuma Hadi on September 27 in the company of her father. She was interrogated by the DCI chief for close to two hours and directed to report to the DCI homicide investigators who have taken up the probe.

Last Friday, hours before DCI chief George Kinoti ordered Maribe’s arrest, she changed her story and presented to investigators her second account, which police now consider to be most credible.

READ ALSO:   'Being rejected by my wife's friend was a blessing in disguise' Njugush

“The investigators received her self-recorded statement, which they used to further press her for answers on areas that they wanted addressed,” a police source said.

Police say it was Maribe who pointed them to her bedroom, where the investigators observed a gunshot mark on the wall. She told them how she had used flour paste to try and cover the mark.

Yesterday, investigators said they were using her latest statement to follow other clues. At the Lang’ata police station where the attempted suicide of Irungu is being probed, the investigators were last evening winding up their work.

So far, they have received statements of Brian Kassaine, a neighbour and a mutual friend who revealed how Irungu attempted to commit suicide by shooting himself with his (Kassaine’s) gun.

He also told investigators how Irungu had earlier gone to his house seeking paraffin when he wanted to burn some clothes.

Police arrested Kassaine at the weekend after his gun was linked to Irungu’s shooting. The gun was later hidden in the ceiling of his house.

A second neighbour, also familiar with Maribe and Irungu, has told police the two quarrelled frequently.

The Star contributed to this report

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

God doesn’t listen to Sheng prayers – DJ Soxxy 

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Celebrated gospel disk master DJ Soxxy has called out people who pray in Sheng’ claiming God might not answer such prayers.

The K24 TV host further urged people to use respectful names when talking to God, or He will not answer them.

“When you are praying in sheng’ and call God fathela and Big man Bazu, ati acheze kama yeye… hiyo maombi unaona ni kama itafika?” He posed.

Some netizens agreed with Soxxy, claiming that God deserves to be addressed using respectful names.

“It’s utter nonsense really… First we need to understand the person we’re addressing! the almighty, the great and terrible God. Language is often influenced by the audience you’re addressing. If you were speaking to a mere king, would you speak to them in such language?” one ray posed.

However, some netizens felt that God does not care whichever language you use to communicate with Him.

Some tweeps even went ahead to quote the Bible, acknowledging that when the tower of Babylon fell, people started speaking different languages.

“You are so wrong on this. god wants people who worship him in spirit and truth. he looks at the heart of men. FYI even the original bible was not written in English. Stop demonizing local languages, of which sheng is one of them,” Clayton quipped in.

READ ALSO:   Now Bank seizes Swaleh Mdoe’s Mercedes-Benz

Sheng’ language is becoming increasingly popular among Nairobi residents with the language evolving day in day out.

Political leaders are also using the language when trying to attract the youth to their side.

Recently, Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua accused ANC party leader Musalia Mudavadi of copying him using Sheng’.

According to Mutua, Sheng’ is his way of communicating with the youth.

Continue Reading

News

Court suspends KNH strike

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

The Employment and Labour Relations Court has ordered striking KNH staff back to work pending the hearing of the case filed by the hospital.

In the Tuesday ruling, Lady Justice Maureen Onyango ruled that the strike was suspended until the case was heard and determined on October 6th.

For two days, beginning Monday, services at the national referral hospital came to a complete standstill. The staffers decried lack of implementation of a 2012 job upgrade agreement.

The health workers accused the Salaries and Remunerations Commission of failing to implement the resolution regarding salary re-categorization, following the job upgrade.

However, the SRC put brakes on the implementation process saying that the re-categorization did not involve a salary review. It was only meant to move to the hospital to a higher category.

The workers, including doctors, nurses and other members of the support staff, all refused to work. This meant that every activity in the hospital came to a halt.

Hospital management had also sent out a statement to the workers on Tuesday. They asked the workers’ unions to join them in the table as they sought an amicable end to the quagmire.

The 2012 agreement saw the advisory committee evaluate all parastatals which included referral hospitals. The evaluation upgraded jobs from level 3B to 7A, which meant that all 7000 KNH staff were subject to different salaries.

READ ALSO:   Now Bank seizes Swaleh Mdoe’s Mercedes-Benz

The KNH board, then, in 2019, approached the Treasury for funds to implement the new salary figures. The Treasury had set aside Ksh 2.4 billion for the process, handing KNH Ksh 601 million early 2020.

The strike forced many families to sick patients to seek medical attention from other facilities. The distraught families and patients called for a speedy resolution to the stalemate.

KNH is Kenya’s biggest referral hospital and serves up to 2000 patients daily.

Continue Reading

News

Louis Otieno announces TV comeback

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Former KTN news anchor, Louis Otieno, has finally announced his comeback after a long illness.

The TV Icon is set to launch his comeback with a brand new show dubbed ‘The Second Act’.

From the foregoing, it is clear that Louis Otieno is keen on reviving his media career.

Speaking to his fans through a video which surfaced online on 29th September, the TV icon revealed that he will soon return to their screens.

“For those who i am familiar to, I have missed you. I hope to see you soon. I plan to be back with a program called, The Second Act,” Louis Otieno said in the video.

“This has taken a lot of work. It is happening because certain people have put together time, money and efforts and want to see me back,” he added.

Louis Otieno revealed that since the country was facing a difficult time due to the Covid-19 pandemic, he wants to engage decision makers on various issues.

Additionally, he revealed that a few former Nation Media Group staffers had put together the show.

The TV icon has successfully battled a long illness.

At some point, the illness left him with a hearing impairment.

He could no longer hear properly and totally depended on reading peoples lips to understand what they were saying.

READ ALSO:   Usicheze na designers! Mammito speaks after wardrobe malfunction

Louis developed Acute Pancreatitis in 2012 which impaired his hearing.

He appealed to Kenyans to help him raise money for hi surgery which would help him regain his hearing.

Louis thanked Kenyans for helping him raise the 4 million shillings which he needed for treatment.

“I reached out to the country and you came out. There are those who came out big and I am thankful to them,” he said.

Speaking on the same issue, the TV icon also revealed that the Cochlear Group of Kenya (COGK) hearing aids allowed him to regain his hearing.

Continue Reading

Trending

error: Content is protected !!