Connect with us

Entertainment

Friends say Jacque Maribe’s bumpy ride started with covering Jubilee campaigns

Published

on

Had newscaster Jacque Maribe not been in a cell, and had the murder of Monica Kimani not have plunged her into trouble with authorities, the journalist could be preparing to pop up on TV screens later today.

If this was an ordinary Friday for her, she would have headed to her workplace along Dennis Pritt Road, her station for more than five years, preparing to read the prime time news this evening.

Colleagues say that at her workplace, Ms Maribe is not the person who crosses people’s paths. A senior figure at Citizen TV did not wish to discuss much about her when contacted.

‘HAS NO PRESSURE’

“She is just a good person,” said the colleague. “She is a good, easy going person who has no pressure; who knows what she is supposed to do.”

Another reporter, who has been with Ms Maribe at the political desk at the station for some time, said she is a woman who has a “very good relationship with everyone in the newsroom”.

But there are fellow journalists who believe Ms Maribe’s involvement in covering Jubilee Party campaigns may have placed her on a bumpy course.

A former television reporter said the campaigns for the 2017 General Election created a detour for Ms Maribe’s life, and her public persona as the journalist covering President Uhuru Kenyatta’s functions brought a mixed bag of goodies.

READ ALSO:   Free me, I have cooperated with police: Maribe

One symptom of this, the ex-reporter said, is the frequenting of entertainment joints patronised by moneyed city dwellers, among them B-Club in Nairobi’s Kilimani.

But one close colleague of hers disputed the claim that Ms Maribe changed due to the campaigns, noting that she had covered even the 2013 rallies and come out focused.

MORE EXPERIENCE

“She was put there because she had more experience in covering political campaigns,” the colleague said.

On her Instagram account are snapshots of a bubbly mother of one who is proud of her moments at work and outside. In between the photos of her, taken in various areas and with various personalities, she has been uploading quotes on various realities of life.

One quote reads: “To win a moral victory at the expense of your sanity is dumb.”

Another says: “Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness.”

That the world is cruel is a fact one of her colleagues pointed out, else there would not be the many “baseless” rumours being posted about her. Time will tell how her courage will measure up against the twists and turns of the case.

Ms Maribe is in custody at the Gigiri Police Station following orders issued on Monday by Kiambu Principal Magistrate Justus Kituku. Police treat her as a suspect regarding the September 19 murder of 28-year-old Monica Kimani.

READ ALSO:   DNA nails 'Jowie' to Monica murder

Detectives suspect there is a criminal motive in Ms Maribe’s actions with and around Joseph “Jowie” Irungu, her fiancé who is also the main suspect in Ms Kimani’s murder.

SOCIAL MEDIA

Mr Irungu proposed to Ms Maribe in June and photos of the moment lit up the social media. Before then, she had been rumoured to be in a relationship with Dennis Itumbi, a key communications figure in the Uhuru-Ruto government.

“A great person; a friend who sacrifices all for friends,” said Itumbi. Body language experts may not have much material to gauge what was going on in her mind as she relayed the news as she wore the signature coy face and steely pose that news anchors are known to strike.

Ms Maribe worked at two TV stations before joining Royal Media Services. Last year, she received a Head of State Commendation from the President.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Otile Brown reveals of fraudsters conning people using his name

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Kenyan singer Otile Brown has warned his loyal fans to be wary of Facebook operating using his name.

The singer put out the message through his official Instagram account after a few of his fans claimed that he had defrauded them of their hard-earned money with fake promises.

Over the past few years, there has been a surge of con artists who scam crazy fans of their money using celebrities names mostly on Facebook.

They ask for money in exchange for certain services, i.e. business cash boosts or fake gifts.

Otille Brown informed his fans that he does not have a Facebook account as his was hacked a few years ago.

He said that he is trying hard to get it back and would inform his fans through his Instagram account once he does.

“I repeat, I do not have a facebook account at the moment, if I manage to get mine back I will inform you all from this account,” he wrote.

Otille Brown went on to make it clear that he does not and has never asked for cash directly through any of his social media accounts.

Otille appreciated the love of his fans; however, he asked them to be smart while dealing with netizens.

READ ALSO:   Citizen TV anchor Maribe released on bail, fiancé Jowie to stay in prison

“Please don’t be conned, OB does not ask for money from fans. Please be smart.”

He further urged anyone who has been approached by a celebrity like him to first ask for a video call before sending any cash.

In regards to the extortion done under his name, Otille Brown identified three men who his team has managed to track down and promised that he will do his best to bring them to justice.

“These are the three conmen, they are a team working together. Chuma chenu ki motoni. We are working too,” wrote Otille Brown followed by a list of three names and phone numbers of the alleged conmen.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Amber Ray addresses relationship with Brown Mauzo 

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Many questions have been going around regarding socialite Amber Ray’s relationship with her ex singer Brown Mauzo ever since he moved on and started dating Vera Sidika.

The two were spotted in a romantic getaway just two months ago at the Coast before they quietly ended their relationship and moved on.

They paraded they young love on social media with Amber Ray saying that she had found both friendship and love in Brown Mauzo.

“Imagine finding both love and friendship in one person,” wrote Amber Ray on an Instagram post of the two lovebirds enjoying a drink by the beach.

During a Q & A Instagram session, one of her curious fans asked the socialite what happened to which she bluntly replied, life happens.

She went on to add that she is currently happy in her life, which Brown Mauzo is too.

“Life happens. He is happy, I am happy.” wrote Amber Ray.

In another one of her posts, the young single socialite disclosed that she is finally ready to settle down and that she is just waiting for the right man to come her way.

“I think I’m ready to f** the same guy in different hotels in different countries for the rest of my life,”  wrote Amber Ray.

READ ALSO:   Citizen TV anchor Maribe released on bail, fiancé Jowie to stay in prison
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Woman brings 23 relatives on date with lover to test his generosity

Published

on

A Chinese woman has made headlines after bringing 23 members of her family on a blind date to test her lover’s generosity.

Woman brings 23 relatives on date with lover to test his generosity

Chinese people enjoying a meal in a restaurant. Photo: Quora.
Source: UGC

According to the Daily Mail Online, the unknown woman tagged along with her large clan to the romantic occasion without informing her date in advance.

After enjoying the meal, the man decided to teach the woman a lesson and fled away after receiving the bill which amounted to KSh 382,000 ( £2,300).

According to a Chinese newspaper, Taizhou Evening News, the anonymous woman went on a blind date with a 29-year-old man identified as Liu in eastern Chinese province of Zhejiang.

Reports indicate that the date was organised by Liu’s mom who was worried about her son who had been single for long.

The man had offered to pay for the meal with the thought that it would be a romantic dinner for two but shock on him.

Speaking to the media, the woman said she wanted to test her potential boyfriend’s generosity in catering for the large crowd of 25.

According to reports, the lady and her family enjoyed expensive dishes and alcohol.

Interestingly, Liu failed the test and his potential date ended up paying for the meal herself.

READ ALSO:   DNA results will decide Maribe’s fate: Police

It was later agreed that the man pays for a small part of the meal and the remainder of the bill be shared among the woman’s 23 family members.

In other news, TUKO.co.ke reported of one bride who has since gone viral after she took to social media to convince her friends and family to fund her special day.

According to the post on Reddit, the bride wants a huge amount of moneythat will enable her and her fiance’ to tour Europe for a one month honeymoon.

According to the post, the couple will be tying the knot in December and the bride hopes the guests will not change their mind due to coronavirus.

“Hope you all are doing great and getting all of you all wedding gifts (haha) prepare your cold hard cash and your large housewarming gifts…We really cannot wait to see you all (and receive your gifts LOL) this December,” read the post.

The bride advised her friends against pulling out due to COVID-19 saying they have a monetary goal of KSh 2.2 million ($20,000) minimum.

She indicated that the guests are expected to donate over KSh 3.2 million ($30,000).

By Tuko.co.ke

Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!