Connect with us

News

I loved Jowie but he should carry his own cross – Maribe

Published

on

Murder suspect Jacque Maribe now claims she is standing trial only because of her romantic relationship with co-accused Joseph Irungu alias Jowie.

​The two are charged with the murder of businesswoman Monica Kimani.

In an affidavit responding to the prosecution’s application to deny her bail, Ms Maribe said she was an innocent lover and should not be held responsible for Mr Irungu’s actions.

She said her bail application should be considered on its own merit without factoring in her fiance’s conduct.

The journalist also sent a condolence message to Monica’s family, saying she was praying for their peace of mind.

She stated that she could not account for Irungu’s movements and who he associated with.

“The only reasons I am standing trial are that I was in love with a person the prosecution have interest in. I allowed him to come live in my house and I allowed him to use my vehicle. There is no witness or forensic material to associate me with the murder,” Ms Maribe said.

Monica was killed on the night of September 19 at her Kilimani home in Nairobi.

Maribe regretted the prosecution’s decision to charge her with murder on account of her relationship with Irungu even when there was no evidence placing her at the crime scene.

READ ALSO:   Machachari actress Sofia's marriage on the rocks

“Irungu was my fiancé as at then and in the circumstances, I definitely communicated with him. It is most unfair to use the communication between me and him in the given circumstances of our then existing relationship as a reason to deny me bail,” she argued.

On the prosecution’s claims that her house was a secondary crime scene, which she could interfere with if released on bail, Maribe said she had already surrendered it to investigators and had no intention of going there.

She said she was not home at the time the prosecution claims Irungu burned some clothes to allegedly destroy evidence.

“Any of his actions are not necessarily sanctioned or attributed to me. I was not there if there was any burning. I personally was not aware and did not endorse or authorise any burning of anything,” she said.

She stated that the spot where the prosecution says the fire was lit was not in her compound.

On claims that her car was located at Monica’s residence on the night she was murdered, Maribe stated that it was common knowledge that Irungu was her fiancé and used her car but that she could not account for the places he went with it.

She also denied being arrested or switching off her phone when investigators were looking for her, stating that all her relatives, friends and colleagues accessed and spoke to her on that day.

READ ALSO:   ‘…stomach cancer,’ Doctor’s shocking revelations on what’s ailing Jimmy Gait

Maribe further dismissed claims that she would interfere with witnesses on account of her high profile status, saying her humble circumstances had been exaggerated and that her personal standing in society should not be used as a basis to deny her bail.

-Standardmedia.co.ke

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Wairimu requests to attend Cohen’s burial – VIDEO

Published

on

Sarah Wairimu Kamotho, who is accused of murdering her Dutch husband Tob Cohen, wants to be allowed to attend his burial, slated for Monday.

Ms Kamotho on Friday filed an application at the High Court seeking orders to compel Lang’ata Women’s Prison to allow her to send off her estranged husband.

“We urge this court to issue  a production order to the OC Lang’ata Women’s Prison to produce and escort Sarah  Wairimu to the Jewish  Cemetery on September 23, 2019 at 1.30pm to attend the funeral of Tob Cohen,” her lawyer Philip Murgor says in the application.

Ms Kamotho, who refused to witness opening of her husband’s Will on Friday, is awaiting to plead to a charge of murdering him on September 26.

In the application by Mr Murgor, Ms Kamotho has named Director of Public Prosecutions Noordin Haji as the defendant while Ms Gabrielle Van Straten, Mr Cohen’s sister, has been named as an interested party.

Ms Kamotho says she wants to participate in the burial rites of her late husband.

Lawyer Cliff Ombeta, who is representing the Cohens, said the family is not opposed her attendance.

DPP Haji did not oppose the request either.

Justice certified the case as urgent and directed the parties to return to court on Monday 8am for the ruling.

READ ALSO:   Machachari actress Sofia's marriage on the rocks

By nation.co.ke

Continue Reading

Diaspora

EXPLAINED: Everything you need to know about applying for 2021 US Diversity Visa [VIDEO]

Published

on

Once again, up to 55,000 foreign nationals and their families from around the world will have a chance to legally immigrate to the United States and achieve the American Dream with a Green Card in hand in 2021, thanks to one of the Diversity Visa lottery Program. Although President Donald Trump is against it, that will not happen unless the law is changed…and the US is a land strictly governed by the rule of law.

The U.S. State Department, which administers the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program, better known as the visa lottery, announced Thursday that it will go ahead with the lottery for 55,000 diversity visas available for Fiscal Year 2021.

In case you missed it The US government announced Thursday that the registration period for DV-2021 will begin on Wednesday, October 2nd, 2019 at 12pm EDT and end on Tuesday, November 5th, 2019 at 12pm EST.

The winners will be drawn from random selection and there is no cost to register.

There is a limited period of time during which you can register for the Diversity Immigrant Visa (DV) Program during each fiscal year. Each year, the Department of State publishes detailed instructions for entering the DV Program. These instructions include the dates of the registration period during which you will be able to enter.

READ ALSO:   Uhuru niece and KICC CEO Nana Gecaga is looking for Mr Right

All entries must be submitted electronically on the Electronic Diversity Visa (E-DV) website at www.dvlottery.state.gov during the specified registration period. No late entries or paper entries are accepted. The law allows only one entry by or for each person during each registration period. The Department of State uses sophisticated technology to detect multiple entries. If you submit more than one entry you will be disqualified.

Some changes have been made since the last such Lottery Program. Here is all you need to know:

Detailed guidance for completing the online entry form is included in the DV Instructions.

Please view our video for an introduction to the Diversity Visa program, and step-by-step guidance to help you submit an entry. (Note: minor changes have been made to the DV-2020 entry form, but the instructions provided in the video are still valid.)

After you submit a complete entry, you will see a confirmation screen containing your name and a unique confirmation number. Print this confirmation screen for your records. It is extremely important that you retain your confirmation number. It is the only way you can check the status of your entry, and you will need it to obtain further instructions or schedule an interview for a visa if you are selected.

READ ALSO:   Machachari actress Sofia's marriage on the rocks

There is no cost to register for the DV Program. You are strongly encouraged to complete the entry form yourself, without a “Visa Consultant,” “Visa Agent,” or other facilitator who offers to help. If somebody else helps you, you should be present when your entry is prepared so that you can provide the correct answers to the questions and retain the confirmation page and your unique confirmation number.

Continue Reading

News

Meet teenage schoolboy with big dreams who crawls two miles to school – VIDEO

Published

on

Gilbert Otieng’ is a sixteen-year-old boy who can neither walk nor stand up, but whose remarkable story is that of hope, courage and an unbreakable determination to overcome his physical challenges.

For a start there is no bus service to his school in his home area deep in Teso South constituency, Busia County. Yet, the hilly terrain doesn’t stop him from getting to school everyday at St Dominic Aderema Primary School.

Otieng’s parents cannot afford a wheelchair for him but that has not deterred the Standard Four pupil from crawling for two miles to and from school everyday.

He does it four times everyday with his hands and knees.

At lunchtime, he crawls back home then makes the torturous journey back for the afternoon lessons.

In the evening, the story is the same.

He crawls for about 30 minutes before he reaches school, which translates to 6km everyday and 3okm every week.

His mother Rose Apali said when he gave birth to his son, all was well but the child became paralysed at the age of five.

“Otieng’ got disabled when he was five years old. Since then, things have never been the same for my son,” said Ms Apali.

APPEAL FOR HELP

READ ALSO:   NTV continues to bleed, top anchor leaves

The mother says when Otieng’ turned 11, he insisted on going to school, a decision they found hard to make, considering his condition.

Otieng’ eventually joined school and has been attending his classes without fail, regardless of the weather. And he never complains.

“Come rain or sunshine, everyday he goes to school,” the mother says.

But Otieng’ admits that for the past 11 years his life has been full of endless challenges.

“It has been a painful experience for me. Waking up very early to crawl to school. I have to return home for lunch, go back for afternoon lessons then in the evening I go home. Sometimes, the road is too muddy because of rain but I have to go to school,” he says.

In a separate interview with KTN, Otieng’, whose favourite subjects are Science, English and Mathematics, said his dream to become a doctor.

The family would be happy to receive help from well-wishers to enable the teenager to join a school for the disabled or get him a wheelchair.

by Nairobi News

Continue Reading

Are you looking for a Church to fellowship in Atlanta Metro Area?

poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!