Connect with us

News

Janet Mbugua opens up on hospitalization after giving birth

Published

on

Former Citizen TV news anchor Janet Mbugua had to spend an extra two weeks in hospital after giving birth to her second born Mali Mwaura Ndichu.

Mbugua, in a live session with her fans on Instagram, shared that she had to undergo surgery after delivering her new born.

“It was insane, I underwent a surgical procedure next to my newborn. I had multiple meltdowns and I thank my family members (both mine and my hubby’s) for being supportive. They were there for me. Most incredible families,” narrated Mbugua. 

According to Mbugua, the baby was born at 1.42PM weighing in at 3.8kg and in perfect health but she needed medical attention.

“I was hospitalised for two weeks and have been on a recovery journey for one and a half weeks. It has been really tough, but I’m back getting healthier,” she said. 

“I needed a minute to get into routine with my new-born baby, and it’s fairing on well. I thank God for my life because people go through worse during childbirth. Glad to be back, healthier and happy,” she explained.

The revelation comes after the former TV personality who had kept off social media for almost a month made a comeback and promised fans to open up on why she left.

READ ALSO:   Janet Mbugua’s husband talks of third baby barely a month after second child

“Been a minute. Healthier, happier, after a pretty scary stint. Would love to catch up with you all on IG Live at 10 am tomorrow. I’ve missed y’all! Details on my absence plus it’s a special.” she said in the post. 

SDE

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

John Legend, wife suffer pregnancy loss 

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Chrissy Teigen and John Legend have been left devastated by the death of their newborn son.

Taking to Instagram on Wednesday evening, Chrissy shared the heartbreaking news with fans.

The 34-year-old model shared a series of deeply candid photographs of herself, her 41-year-old husband John, and their baby son, who they named Jack.

“We are shocked and in the kind of deep pain you only hear about, the kind of pain we’ve never felt before. We were never able to stop the bleeding and give our baby the fluids he needed, despite bags and bags of blood transfusions. It just wasn’t enough.

“We never decide on our babies’ names until the last possible moment after they’re born, just before we leave the hospital. But we, for some reason, had started to call this little guy in my belly Jack. So he will always be Jack to us. Jack worked so hard to be a part of our little family, and he will be, forever.

“To our Jack – I’m so sorry that the first few moments of your life were met with so many complications, that we couldn’t give you the home you needed to survive. We will always love you. Thank you to everyone who has been sending us positive energy, thoughts and prayers.

READ ALSO:   Janet Mbugua’s husband talks of third baby barely a month after second child

“We feel all of your love and truly appreciate you. We are so grateful for the life we have, for our wonderful babies Luna and Miles, for all the amazing things we’ve been able to experience. But everyday can’t be full of sunshine. On this darkest of days, we will grieve, we will cry our eyes out. But we will hug and love each other harder and get through it,”Chrissy wrote.

John Legend also took to social media to mourn the loss of their son.

“We love you, Jack” alongside a string of black heart emojis. Chrissy later wrote on Twitter: “Driving home from the hospital with no baby. How can this be real?” he wrote

On Sunday night, Chrissy had been admitted to hospital as she was suffering from excessive bleeding.

The star had been documenting her pregnancy online and had updated fans with her treatment in hospital.

She had shared updates of the blood transfusions she had received in hospital and had explained that her bleeding issues had been occurring for “little less than a month”.

Continue Reading

News

Uhuru signs Sh180 billion deal during visit to France

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

President Uhuru Kenyatta kicked off his France visit at Elysee Palace on Wednesday the 30th of September 2020, where his host Emmanuel Macron warmly welcomed him.

Shortly after 9 PM local time, Uuru inspected a guard of honor by the French Military marking the start of an elaborate state reception ceremony.

The two leaders then witnessed the signing of three bilateral agreements before they led their delegates to a State banquet.

Macron had held the celebration in honor of Uhuru as the visiting leader.

The two heads of state then retreated for private talks.

The two leaders reached a Private Public Partnership (PPP) for the Nairobi-Nakuru-Mau Summit Highway construction, signed between Vinci Concessions and KeNHA.

This Summit Highway is among the largest PPP projects in East Africa.

Kenya’s ambassador to France, Prof Judi Wakhungu, also explained that this highway would decongest the existing road.

She further noted that this highway is essential since it facilitates the transportation of goods to other countries.

“We hope that extending this highway, which is going to be about 200km, again, it will ease traffic on that particular very, very important route. I need not remind Kenyans that this is a major highway that connects Mombasa, Nairobi, and all the way to Uganda, Rwanda, and other parts of Central Africa,” Prof Wakhungu said.

READ ALSO:   Janet Mbugua’s husband talks of third baby barely a month after second child

The leaders also agreed on the commuter railway from the Nairobi CBD to the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.

According to Wakhungu, the railway will ease the movement of people in the city.

She also expressed her hope that businesses along the rail will boom.

“Our aspiration is to see that this commuter railway line eases traffic in Nairobi but also eases the movement of people within Nairobi. We hope that along the route and the surrounding areas, other businesses will be able to grow,” Prof Wakhungu said.

Uhuru and Macron also reached an agreement on the 400KV Menengai-Rongai electricity transmission line.

Continue Reading

Health

First man cured of HIV dies of cancer

Published

on

The first person to be cured of HIV, Timothy Ray Brown — known as the “Berlin Patient” — has died after a battle with cancer, the International Aids Society (IAS) announced Wednesday.

Brown made medical history and became a symbol of hope for the tens of millions of people living with the virus that causes AIDS when he was cured more than a decade ago.

He had been living with a recurrence of leukaemia for several months and received hospice care at his home in Palm Springs, California.

“On behalf of all its members… the IAS sends its condolences to Timothy’s partner, Tim, and his family and friends,” said IAS President Adeeba Kamarulzaman.

“We owe Timothy and his doctor, Gero Hutter, a great deal of gratitude for opening the door for scientists to explore the concept that a cure for HIV is possible.”

Brown was diagnosed with HIV while was studying in Berlin in 1995. A decade later, he was diagnosed with leukaemia, a cancer that affects the blood and bone marrow.

To treat his leukaemia, his doctor at the Free University of Berlin used a stem cell transplant from a donor who had a rare genetic mutation that gave him natural resistance to HIV, hoping it may wipe out both diseases.

READ ALSO:   Janet Mbugua’s husband talks of third baby barely a month after second child

It took two painful and dangerous procedures, but it was a success: in 2008 Brown was declared free of the two ailments, and was initially dubbed “the Berlin Patient” at a medical conference to preserve his anonymity.

Two years later, he decided to break his silence and went on to become a public figure, giving speeches and interviews and starting his own foundation.

“I am living proof that there could be a cure for AIDS,” he told AFP in 2012. “It’s very wonderful, being cured of HIV.”

‘Champion’

Ten years after Brown was cured, a second HIV sufferer — dubbed “the London Patient” — was revealed to be in remission 19 months after undergoing a similar procedure.

The patient, Adam Castillejo, is currently HIV-free. In August a California woman was reported to have no traces of HIV despite not using anti-retroviral treatment.

It is thought she may be the first person to be cured of HIV without undergoing the risky bone marrow treatment.

Sharon Lewin, president-elect of the IAS and director of the Doherty Institute in Melbourne, Australia, praised Brown as a “champion and advocate” of a cure for HIV.

“It is the hope of the scientific community that one day we can honour his legacy with a safe, cost-effective and widely accessible strategy to achieve HIV remission and curs using gene edition or techniques that boost immune control,” she said.

READ ALSO:   Janet Mbugua’s husband talks of third baby barely a month after second child

By AFP

Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!