Betting deal makes Joey Muthengi quit Citizen TV in a huff - Kenya Satellite News Network
Connect with us

Business

Betting deal makes Joey Muthengi quit Citizen TV in a huff

Published

on

Sassy Citizen TV host Joey Muthengi has quit her job at Royal Media Services.

The host of ‘Day Break’ and ‘10 over 10′ handed in her resignation on Wednesday after she was summoned for disciplinary action.

A source told Nairobi News that the former rapper ambushed the team, which comprised of four directors, with a one-week notice.

BETTING ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble for Muthengi started when she did an advertisement with betting company Betin yet RMS has its own, Shabiki.

“The thinking was that she is a Citizen TV brand and should not be promoting a rival company,” explained another source, who requested anonymity because he is not allowed to speak to the media.

The presenter was recently welcomed as Betin brand ambassador after signing a deal that reportedly earned her a six-figure amount.

Earlier in the year, she spent time in Italy shooting adverts with Kenyan footballer McDonald Mariga.

The ads have been running on local and continental TV stations. Muthengi is reportedly leaving soon to Italy for another shoot, our source adds.

Mariga signed a reported Sh8 million year-long deal with Betin in 2017 to feature in the firm’s adverts.

HUSBAND AND WIFE ROLES

In Betin’s latest TV advert, Mariga and Muthengi play the roles of husband and wife. Mariga is continuously distracted by his phone even as Muthengi continuously yearns for his attention.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Jeff Koinange and Jalang'o Start a New Radio Show

Visibly disappointed, Muthengi grabs Mariga’s phone to have a look at what is distracting him, only to be met by news that he has won a Sh1 million jackpot.

Muthengi is a media personality and actress and her entry into the Kenyan media industry came through being a radio personality on 98.4 Capital FM from 2009-2013 where she hosted and produced the wildly popular youth show ‘Hits Not Homework’.

In June 2016 to Present, she is part of the new re-branded ‘Power Breakfast’ show where she now co-hosts the daily show with Fred Indimuli and Willis Raburu.

nairobinews

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Business

PHOTOS: Why Raila’s meeting with Waiguru has some Kenyans saying “I salenda’

Published

on

Upon learning that Kirinyaga Governor Anne Waiguru  had met Baba (Read Raila Odinga) and she had withdrawn her defamation case against the former Prime Minister as the latter on his part declared that the NYS Scandal is a ‘bygone’ matter, Twitter went up in flames, with most Kenyans expressing their disbelief.

Waiguru disclosed the burying of the hatchet  in a tweet after meeting with the AU High Representative for Infrastructure at the latter’s Capitol Hill office on Wednesday.

The row between Raila and Waiguru arose in 2015 after the ODM leader demanded the governor’s prosecution for graft at NYS.

The issue culminated into the county boss suing Raila for linking her to the loss of Sh791 million at the youth agency.

Waiguru, then Devolution CS, sued Raila on September 29, 2015, accusing him of recklessly tarnishing her name.

The ODM leader, on the other hand, sought the court’s say on his call for Waiguru to be subjected to a lifestyle audit.

But after their meeting, the Kirinyaga county boss said the matter stands settled ‘in the spirit of cohesion’.

“Just had a meeting with Raila on the outstanding matter in court. In the spirit of cohesion and reconciliation in the country, the matter stands settled,” she said.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Woman says she was forced to wear wigs at a Kenyan TV station

Raila, on his part, said: “Held a meeting with Waiguru and agreed to “let by-gones be by-gones” and leave the matter of the NYS scandal in the hands of investigators.”

He added: “She said her case against me is now settled in the spirit of reconciliation that the nation has embarked on. We also reviewed the status of devolution in the country and agreed to exchange views frequently on how to address the challenges.”

Early in the year, Waiguru had requested the High Court to allow the case against Raila to proceed.

Raila had requested that the hearing be stopped until he files an appeal challenging a ruling issued last November.

The ruling allowed the governor to conceal certain information regarding her lifestyle.

Raila had released a dossier claiming President Uhuru failed to include Waiguru’s name on a list of corrupt State officers.

Uhuru’s list saw several senior government officials, including Cabinet Secretaries lose their jobs.

Jojomuga wrote on Twitter: I salenda. This is too much for me to bear.

Munyaojk tweeted: Asi. How things have changed.

JOGUMTU wrote: Hehehehe, I told you. The is no opposition in KENYA. Kila mtu sasa ajipange.

 

Continue Reading

Africa

Minister caught on video masturbating says clip was for his wife

Published

on

South Africa’s embattled Home Affairs Minister, Malusi Gigaba, has resigned two weeks after a video of him masturbating was widely circulated online.

A statement from the presidency said Mr Gigaba – a senior member of the governing African Natuional Congress (ANC) – was “stepping aside for the sake of our country and the movement to which he belongs”.

Mr Gigaba had accused South Africa’s security services of hacking his phone and releasing the 13-second video which, he says, was for his wife.

The 47-year-old has courted controversy in recent years over allegations that he used his powerful roles in various ministerial portfolios to assist the controversial Gupta business family.

The Indian-born businessmen were widely linked to several corruption scandals under ex-President Jacob Zuma’s administration.

All parties, including Mr Gigaba, deny any wrongdoing.

Many questioned Mr Gigaba’s fitness to hold office, saying his reputation had been tarnished.

In recent weeks, the questions grew louder, first over a Constitutional Court ruling which upheld an earlier finding that he lied under oath while giving evidence about a government contract.

This was followed by a recommendation by the public protector that he be disciplined for ethical breaches.

Opposition parties had been pushing President Cyril Ramaphosa to sack him, and they have welcomed his resignation.

READ ALSO:   NTV continues to bleed, top anchor leaves

agencies

Continue Reading

Business

PHOTOS: See IG Boinnet’s female pilot 

Published

on

While Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet was on a peace keeping mission of Uasin Gishu, West Pokot and Samburu counties over the weekend, one of the people who facilitated the successful trip was Inspector of Police Caroline Kibuchi.

Kibuchi was the female captain in-charge of the MI-17 Police Helicopter that took round the IG round the three counties.

caroline kibuchi

“We celebrate the role played by female Police officers in their different capacities across the service.

We also impress upon other women in the wider society to take up opportunities available in the National Police Service whenever they arise,” a statement by the police read.

Caroline kibuchi

In July yet another woman, Fatuma Ahmed was sworn in by President Uhuru Kenyatta as the first female Major General.

Ahmed was promoted to Assistant Chief of the Defense Forces for Personnel and Logistics.

”I am counting on you to be a positive role model to women across the country,” President Kenyatta told her.

caroline kibuchi

kahawatungu

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Jeff Koinange and Jalang'o Start a New Radio Show
Continue Reading

Trending

error: Content is protected !!