Connect with us

Africa

Footballer Oliech reveals the TV girl he is dating

Published

on

Former Harambee Stars captain Dennis Oliech has confirmed rumours which have lately been doing the rounds that he is dating TV producer Paula Mumiah.

This two lovebirds are rumoured to have been an item since Oliech’s playing days, but neither of them ever confirmed, until recently during a vacation in Masai Mara National Reserve.

The couple have been documenting their vacation at the reserve and sharing pictures on their social media handles.

LOADS OF CASH

In one of the photos, the former footballer bragged how he has been spending loads of cash during his vacation, claiming that he spent $1,600 (Sh164, 000) a night to stay at the ritzy hotel.

“When u win Jacpot @Angama Mara… Maaasai Mara 1600usd per night,” Oliech wrote.

TV PRODUCER

Paula works as a TV producer at the Mediamax Network owned TV station K24.

Oliech is said to have been dating Paula since her college days at the Kenya Institute of Mass Communication.

They are also reported to have moved in together at Oliech’s Kileleshwa lavish apartment

Former Harambee Stars captain Dennis Oliech relaxing at the Masai Mara National Reserve. PHOTO | COURTESY

Former Harambee Stars captain Dennis Oliech relaxing at the Masai Mara National Reserve

nairobinews

READ ALSO:   TV siren Lulu Hassan says she's also victim of online shopping fraudsters
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Africa

‘Tell my family I am sorry,’ Last text by Basalirwa before committing suicide

Published

on

Arthur Basalirwa, a Makerere University Business School (MUBS) graduate left behind a message for his family before he allegedly committed suicide.

He had recently graduated with a first-class degree and had just gotten a job.

According to a social media user, Basalirwa is son to Doris Elizabeth Nansamba a journalist working with Capital/ Beat FM.

Arthur Basalirwa

It is alleged that his long-time partner *D turned him down.

In a post to his family, Basalirwa penned his last message to them,

‘Just make sure you tell my family it’s Okay. I am sorry but it’s too late I am sorry. Too much weighing on me.

I don’t want to live and see another day. I’m sorry but I cant stay I’m sorry too much weighing on me.’

In a screenshot of texts between him and D, Basalirwa had called her out for being rude to him to an extent of asking him to block her.

‘You will always ask yourself if you had sent me a more meaningful text. These are your last words to me. Goodbye D.’

To which D responded

‘F@ck you, just block me and never text me. Delete our chats and my number. Bye’

Basalirwa chat

By Mpasho

READ ALSO:   How do you find it working with your hubby? - Lulu Hassan answers
Continue Reading

Africa

How ‘Africa’s richest woman’ stole fortune: ICIJ

Published

on

An award-winning investigative team published a trove of files Sunday allegedly showing how the daughter of Angola’s former president — dubbed Africa’s richest woman — siphoned hundreds of millions of dollars of public money into offshore accounts.

The New York-based International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) worked with newspapers such as Munich’s Suddeutsche Zeitung to reveal the “Panama Papers” tax haven scandal in 2016.

Its latest series called “Luanda Leaks” zeros in on Isabel dos Santos, the former Angola president’s daughter.

Angola’s prosecutors last month froze the bank accounts and assets owned by the 46-year-old businesswoman and her Congolese husband Sindika Dokolo. Dos Santos called it a groundless political vendetta at the time.

“Based on a trove of more than 715,000 files, our investigation highlights a broken international regulatory system that allows professional services firms to serve the powerful with almost no questions asked,” the ICIJ wrote.

The group said its team of 120 reporters in 20 countries was able to trace “how an army of Western financial firms, lawyers, accountants, government officials and management companies helped (dos Santos and Dokolo) hide assets from tax authorities”.

Dos Santos’s lawyer dismissed the ICIJ findings as a “highly coordinated attack” orchestrated by Angola’s current rulers.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Popular Kenyan gospel musician Bahati finally admits fathering a girl

“It is obvious that our client is the subject of a highly coordinated attack on both her reputation and business,” the lawyer said in a statement quoted by The Guardian newspaper. Dos Santos herself told BBC Africa the file dump was part of a “witch hunt” meant to discredit her and her father Jose Eduardo dos Santos.

The former president’s daughter headed Angola’s national oil company Sonangol. Forbes magazine last year estimated her net worth at $2.2 billion.

Her father’s successor Joao Lourenco forced her out of the oil company after becoming president in 2017.

Dos Santos said on Wednesday that she would consider running for president in the next election in 2022. – Western consultants – The ICIJ investigation said Western consulting firms such as PwC and Boston Consulting Group were “apparently ignoring red flags” while helping her stash away public assets.

“Regulators around the globe have virtually ignored the key role Western professionals play in maintaining an offshore industry that drives money laundering and drains trillions from public coffers,” the report said.

Its document trove included redacted letters allegedly showing how consultants sought out ways to open non-transparent bank accounts.

One confidential document allegedly drafted by Boston Consulting in September 2015 outlined a complex scheme for the oil company to move its money offshore. It published a similar 99-page presentation from KPMG.

READ ALSO:   Never get into partnership without an agreement, Betty Kyalo ex-partner speaks 

None of the companies named issued immediate statements in response to the investigation

By Standard.co.ke

Continue Reading

Africa

SHOCKING BBC VIDEO: Kenyan women taken to India and forced to engage in illicit sex

Published

on

BY BMJ MURIITHI

British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)  has uncovered an illegal network that lures women from Kenya and other African countries to India, where they are then forced into sex work to satisfy the demands of the many African men living in Delhi.

In this episode of The Africa Eye, the UK-headquartered media organization reports that the women are mostly from Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, Tanzania and Rwanda.

According to the Global Slavery Index, 14.2 million of the 35.8 million people enslaved throughout the world are in India. The index singles out women and children as disproportionately affected. India is a major destination for sex trafficking, particularly from other South Asian countries.

“There are reports of women and children from India and neighboring countries being recruited with promises of non-existent jobs and later being sold for sexual exploitation, or being forced into sham marriages,” the index found, noting that only 13 offenders were convicted of sexual trafficking in 2013.

One woman, Grace, who was trafficked from Kenya, agreed to go undercover and here is the story:

 


READ ALSO:   My friends were not amused when I bought my wife a car: Bonfire CEO
Continue Reading


Are you looking for a Church to fellowship in Atlanta Metro Area?

poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

November 2018
M T W T F S S
« Oct   Dec »
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!