Connect with us

News

KENYATTA: All Kenyan pupils who sat KCPE will get admission letters by Xmas [VIDEO]

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Candidates who sat this year’s Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examination are likely to get their results this week, it has emerged.

This follows an announcement on Sunday by President Uhuru Kenyatta that marking of the papers is complete.

The President spoke in Gachororo village in Juja, Kiambu County where he attended church service and presided over a fundraising at the Presbyterian Church of East Africa.

He said very few cases of cheating and other malpractices were witnessed this year.

“I thank the parents, teachers and candidates. We want to congratulate those who made the examinations a success,” Mr Kenyatta said.

 

He added that the candidates will be given a chance to join secondary school, irrespective of their scores.

They will receive admission letters to secondary school before Christmas, he said.

“We know that you did your best. Do not worry even if you get a poor grade because we are going to ensure that you all get a chance join Form One,” Mr Kenyatta said.

He added, “And according to our (government’s) plans, we want all the candidates, before Christmas holiday, to have received their respective letters [of] admission.”

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Uhuru, Ruto have no mandate to lead Kenya, says US-based Kenyan

VOCATIONAL TRAINING

The Head of State asked parents to ensure that all candidates are admitted to Form One, adding that even if they do not get grades that will earn them ad-mission to universities, they will join technical and vocational education and training colleges for skills-based training.

This year, a total of 1,060,703 sat the KCPE exam. Of these, a total 2,481 were candidates with special needs.

Among them, 531,548 were boys while the rest were girls. There were 27,161 exam centres.

The exams began in October 30 and ended in November 1, 2018.

MARKING

Before the exams began, Kenya National Examinations Council (Knec) Chairman George Magoha had announced that, the marking of exams would take approximately three weeks.

Dr Magoha had said that Knec would use 20 machines it acquired last year to mark the exams.

The optical mark recognition (OMR) machines enable the examiners to scan exam papers with multiple choice answers and can handle up to 10,000 papers daily.

PROGRAMMED

They are programmed with the correct answers and detect the pencil shade on the answer sheets.

Since last year, only the English composition and the Kiswahili Insha are marked manually.

After marking, the examiners are expected to pass the marked scripts to a new machine for the tallying of marks.

READ ALSO:   Airborne UhuRuto increase foreign trips after winning re-election

Last year, the machines were said to be 99.9 percent efficient.

The 2017 KCPE exam results were released on November 21.

According to the Education Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohamed, there was no exam leakage this year.

But this year saw the highest number of pregnant schoolgirls sitting the KCPE exam across the country.

Ms Mohamed has since ordered the quality assurance team in the ministry to investigate the rising teenage pregnancy cases and file a report.

 

Nation.co.ke


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lifestyle

World’s most-traveled man Fred Finn says Kenya is the safest place to visit during the pandemic

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Diani beach in Kwale County has played host to the world’s most traveled man, Fred Finn.

Finn has traveled to more than 150 countries at the age of 75 and holds the current Guinness Book World Records.

Finn, who is in the country until Monday, November 30 said Kenya is safe for holiday destinations.

He however noted that his visit at the moment is not for leisure, but to send a message that the country is safe amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.

He says he has observed that Kenyans are following the protocols and guidelines than any other country he has traveled to during the pandemic.

“I did not come here on holiday, that is why my wife is not with me. I came because whenever Kenya has a little crisis I come and say Kenya is safe” he said

He said, during a pandemic, Kenya is the safest place to go on holiday.

Finn is scheduled to have his vaccine in December.

Tourism players say Finn’s visit to Kenya gives confidence to the international market that the country is an ideal destination.

“When you get an endorsement from the eyes of a traveler that is likely to carry the right persuasion to the potential travelers” said Kioko Musyoki, Leopard Beach General Manager.


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
READ ALSO:   Uhuru Kenyatta to meet Trump today
Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘I regret…’ Anne Kiguta opens up about posting her daughter on social media

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

TV news anchor Anne Kiguta has announced that she would like to share with her fans more about her life.

However, she draws a line on exposing her children to the limelight.

Anne has three children, one from her previous marriage and fraternal twins with Jomo Gecaga.

Responding to a fan who asked her about her babies, Anne posted a photo of her and her twins but blocked out the faces.

In her response she explained,

“Gosh, so many of you have said this… was the number one response. Well, I will have to let you down on that my loves.”

She added,

“I’m rather traditional (believe it or not) so I’m vehemently against it. My babies are are all still too young, including the eldest, to be on social media.”

Anne continued,

“In fact I really regret having posted my eldest at all. Mummy already has a pretty public life. They deserve their privacy.”

But not to break her fans hearts, Anne promised,

“A reference every once in a while but nothing more than that for a long long time.  Hope  you understand.”

In another post she still emphasized,

“That is my son. Quite the charmer. If only I could tell you half of what they say! But all these are are to me sacred moments…really can’t share much more.”

Not to be daunted though, Anne promised to talk about other aspects of her life.

READ ALSO:   LIVE FEED: Watch as NASA makes major announcement

Here are the various topics she is open to talking about.

By Mpasho.co.ke


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Health

Shock as man ‘resurrects’ in a Kericho mortuary

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

There was drama at Kapkatet sub-county hospital in Kericho on Tuesday night when a 32-year-old man who had been presumed dead and taken to the mortuary regained consciousness close to three hours later.

Mortuary attendants were getting ready to embalm Peter Kigen’s body when they noticed some movements.

Kigen, a resident of Kibwastuiyo village in Bureti Constituency, is said to have collapsed while at home before his family took him to hospital.

His younger brother, Kevin Kipkurui, said he was present when Kigen collapsed. With the help of their cousin, they took Kigen to the hospital at 5.30 pm.

“When we arrived at the casualty department, we met a doctor who asked us to register the details of the patient at the reception while he attended to him,” Kipkurui, who was still in shock, told The Standard.

After registering the patient, Kipkurui said he was again asked to the National Hospital Insurance Fund desk for further documentation of his brother.

Kigen reportedly suffers from a chronic illness.

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

 

Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated on the latest developments and special offers!

READ ALSO:   LIVE FEED: Watch as NASA makes major announcement

“When I went back to the casualty department at around 7.45 pm, I learnt my brother was dead. A nurse told me that he died long before we arrived at the hospital,” Kipkurui said.

He added: “The nurse later handed me a document to take to the mortuary attendant before my brother’s body was moved to the morgue.”

However, at 10.30 pm, Kipkuriu said, as they were waiting for embalming of Kigen’s body, they were informed that in fact, he was not dead.

Mortuary attendants who mummified the body told them that Kigen had regained consciousness.

“The mortician called me into the morgue and we saw him make movements. We were shocked. We could not understand how they could move a person who is still alive into the mortuary,” Kipkurui said.

Kigen, who spoke from his hospital bed yesterday, said he was shocked to learn that he was thought to have died and even taken to the mortuary.

“I cannot believe what just happened. How did they establish that I was dead?” he said.

Kirui, who donned his light-blue hospital uniform, was nevertheless happy to be alive and vowed to dedicate his life to evangelism once he’s discharged from hospital.

“I did not even know where I was when I regained consciousness, but I thank God for sparing my life. I will serve him for the rest of my life,” he said.

READ ALSO:   President Kenyatta to be among passengers of KQ's first ever direct flight to USA, buys ticket

The hospital’s medical superintendent Gilbert Cheruiyot said Kigen was in critical condition when he was brought in.

Dr Cheruiyot said: “His relatives presumed he was dead and did not even wait for certification of death. They moved him to the mortuary, on their own.”

He said the clinical officers at the casualty were busy attending to other critically ill patients when Kigen was brought in, including an epileptic and a diabetic patient.

“They asked Kigen’s relatives to give them some time but they accused the clinicians of taking too much time and decided to take him to the mortuary. It was while the mortician was getting ready to embalm his body that she noticed some signs of life,” said Cheruiyot. He said the mortician informed the team at the casualty department which took Kigen back and begun resuscitating him. The process took three hours before the patient was stabilised.

“The patient was later taken to the ward and is responding well to treatment. We hope to discharge him in a few days,” Dr Cheruiyot said yesterday.

He added: “I advise those bringing their loved ones to the hospital to follow the laid down regulations. Before a body is moved the mortuary, it has to be certified by a clinician. In Kigen’s case, we can only say he was lucky, especially because of our qualified mortician who checked him before making any move,” said Cheruiyot.

READ ALSO:   Airborne UhuRuto increase foreign trips after winning re-election

The bizarre incident saw local MCAs, led by the Majority Leader Hezron Kipngeno, storm the hospital. This is after Chelanget MCA Hezborn Tonui demanded a statement from the heath committee over the incident that shocked the county.


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Special Offer: Own one starting at Ksh 3.7M


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

November 2018
M T W T F S S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending