Connect with us

News

Uhuru told to keep off schools during KCSE exams

Published

on

A teachers’ union has asked President Uhuru Kenyatta, his deputy William Ruto and Cabinet secretaries to keep off secondary schools during the KCSE examination period, which enters the second week.

Speaking in Nandi on Sunday, Kenya Union of Post Primary Education Teachers (Kuppet) Chairman Omboko Milema said the government has militarised the administration of national exams.

“The presence of Mr Kenyatta, his deputy and those of Cabinet secretaries do not add any value to the Form Four candidates writing the KCSE exams. The union had established that students panic for over 30 minutes whenever such officials visit their schools,” Mr Milemba said during the Nandi County annual general meeting at King Solomon hotel.

Mr Kenyatta and Mr Ruto were at Uhuru Gardens and Musa Gitau primary schools, respectively, during the start of the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education on October 31, to wish the candidates success.

EXPENSES

Instead, he asked Mr Kenyatta to invest government resources in fighting corruption, which is causing suffering among Kenyans.

He also observed that the officials incur more expenses during the visits, which defeats the government’s austerity plans.

On integrity, Mr Milema said the union does not condone exam cheating.

Kenya Secondary Schools Heads Association chairman Kahi Indimuli also asked principals not to tolerate any form of malpractice.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: I may form a government in exile, says Raila

“Let heads stay away from these people who are out to destroy their careers by involving them in cheating,” Mr Indimuli said.

-NATION.CO.KE

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lifestyle

Policewoman held for shooting husband after domestic quarrel

Published

on

Police in Kisumu are holding their 35-year-old female colleague for allegedly shooting her husband after a family quarrel.

The officer based at Kisumu East Sub County Headquarters in Kassagam was reportedly staying with the husband at a rented house near the station which also serves as a sub-county police division.

According to a report shared by County Police Commander Ranson Lolmodol, the officer had returned to her rented house in Dago area armed with an AK47 rifle.

She is then said to have threatened the husband, telling him that she would kill him before killing herself.

“She then corked the gun, shot at him twice and injured him on the right side of the head,” read the report in part.

The shooting raised alarm among the neighbours who rushed to the scene to find out what was going on.

Upon sensing danger, the officer turned to the onlookers and shot towards their direction as the husband took cover. No other person was however injured in the scuffle.

The officer then sneaked away from the scene and returned the firearm to the station before disappearing to an unknown place.

The 28-year-old injured man, who is a clinical officer at a nearby private hospital, was then rushed to Kisumu County Hospital where he was treated and discharged.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Drama as Uhuru reads Riot Act to his closest political ally, followed by deletion of his Social media accounts

The report indicated that the couple had engaged in a quarrel after the officer complained that her husband had been ignoring her calls.

The officer also suspected that the husband was having an affair with their house help after the man allegedly gave the house help some Sh50 for lunch without consulting the wife.

The couple which has been together for the past three years have a one-year-old son.

On Monday, Mr Lolmodol confirmed that the officer was arrested moments after midnight when she sneaked back to her house.

She is currently at Kondele Police Station and is expected to be charged with attempted murder, once investigations into the incident is complete.

Mr Lolmodol confirmed that investigating officers had visited the scene to collect relevant exhibits, which together with the firearm, will be used in the case.

Police confirmed that the man was out of danger, and was recuperating out of the hospital.

By Standard.co.ke

Continue Reading

News

MCA Tricky exits Radio Maisha to replace Jalang’o at Milele FM

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Comedian Francis Munyao, alias MCA Tricky has left Radio Maisha two years after joining the Standard Group-owned radio station.

His exit was confirmed by Billy Miya who said he left to replace comedian Felix Odiwour also known as Jalang’o at Milele FM.

“It is true, he is leaving this Friday, he has already tendered his resignation and will replace Jalang’o who left Milele FM.

“I do not know yet who will replace Tricky, it is the management that will decide on who is best suited to replace him here at Radio Maisha,” noted Miya.

Miya, however, said that the move came as a big blow but he would solider on despite MCA Tricky’s exit.

He noted that the Churchill Show Comedian would perfectly fit into Jalang’o shoes at Milele FM lauding him as one of the best radio presenters in the country

He added that MCA Tricky would probably even best Jalang’o as the Maisha Asubuhi show has been ranked the top two shows in Kenyan radio.

“That guy is funny, like seriously funny. He has some spontaneity and comebacks that are unmatched, that is what I will miss about him.

“You cannot stand in the way of someone who has gotten a better deal so despite him leaving a huge gap, we have to pick up and move on,” noted Billy.

READ ALSO:   Sisi si 'Vifaranga vya Kompyuta!,' Uhuru tells Raila as he files response to petition

According to Miya, the abrupt nature of MCA Tricky’s exit means that it would take some time before he is replaced at Radio Maisha.

Billy revealed that he was open to working with anyone who will be brought on board to take the show to the next level.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Kenyans online rebuke Murkomen for faulting lift on cessation

Published

on

BY OLIVIA MUNGWANA

Kenyans on Twitter have rebuked Senator Kipchumba Murkomen who tweeted that Uhuru has made a mistake for allowing Kenyans to travel in and out of Nairobi.

Murkomen tweeted: “Cessation of Movement in and out of Nairobi and Mombasa is a BIG MISTAKE.”.

He went on: I really hope I am wrong but lifting Cessation of Movement in and out of Nairobi and Mombasa will multiply the infections 10 times. I am really worried about our older folks in the countryside. Anyway what do I know ?

 

This did not go down well with Kenyans who thought the senator was being selfish as the politicians have been moving in and out of Nairobi at will.
 President Uhuru Kenyatta on Monday announced that the cessation of movement order that barred entry into and out of Nairobi, Mombasa and Mandera Counties shall lapse on Tuesday at 4 am. He however, extended the nationwide curfew by a further 30 days.
Reacting to the Elgeyo Marakwet Senator’s tweet, a user @IamBilser said: But si huwa mnafly in and out at will..mkuki kwa nguruwe…”
Another user @Daniel Superdan Tweeted: “Kwani mnafikirianga aje nyinyi… Hua mnatumia chopper kila siku lakini hamtaki watu wako jobless waende kwao.”
Below are few screen shots of what other users had to say about Murkomen’s tweet.

 

READ ALSO:   President Uhuru leads politicians, celebrities in mourning Bob Collymore
Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

November 2018
M T W T F S S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!