Connect with us

News

VIDEO: Sonko airlifts sick former boxing queen Conjestina for treatment

Published

on

Help is on the way for ailing former boxing queen Conjestina Achieng after she was airlifted from Siaya to Nairobi by Governor Mike Sonko for treatment and rehabilitation.

According to a statement on his page, Governor Sonko stated that he was touched by the plight of the star and disclosed that he will personally ensure that ‘Conje’ is fully treated.

“I was touched by Congestina’s plight after a video of her current state went viral on the social media.

“My team led by the Nairobi City County Government sports board is leading the mission to airlift the veteran boxer who brought pride to the nation by winning several international boxing titles.

“I’ll personally ensure Congestina is fully treated and rehabilitated, before she’s assisted to get a stable job to enable her become financially independent,” wrote Sonko.

This follows a similar drive by Nacada Director and comedian Vincent Mwasia Mutua alias Chipukeezy who had sought the former world boxing super middleweight champion after a video of her sad state emerged online.

“I’ve talked to the family and we have agreed I go pick her tomorrow in Kisumu and take her to the Best Rehab/mental in Kenya… As NACADA we will take care of her,” read his post.

An action, that was also a culmination of efforts by other celebrities including gospel singer Daddy Owen who had drawn attention to the plight of the former boxing legend who put Kenyan boxing on the map on her heydays before mental issues took a toll on her.

“Good news! We finally got contacts and as we speak @chipukeezy will be going to pick CONJE in Yala or he may send someone, on arrival in Nairobi she will be taken to a rehab courtesy of Gava. I will follow up personally and update u guys… Plus thank you for the support guys… If u have other ideas as a long term solution for CONJE kindly share kwa comments or inbox me… Together we can do this…!” Wrote Owen.

Once the pride of Kenya and famed for battling it out pound for pound with Laila Amaria Ali – Mohammed Ali’s daughter –  ‘Conje’ was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder/paranoid schizophrenia.

She was admitted at Mathari Hospital in 2012.

sde

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Kenya's first ever Airport hotel opens at JKIA, has 144 beds and cost $30m to build
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

DEVELOPING: Five dead, 30 injured after attack at Nairobi’s Dusit complex

Published

on

At least five people have died and 30 others have been rushed to various hospitals in Nairobi with injuries following a suspected terrorist attack at an upscale hotel in Nairobi’s Westlands.

Five people died at the Secret Garden restaurant in the Dusit complex after a suspected suicide bomber blew himself, according to the Inspector-General of Police Joseph Boinnet.

Another woman succumbed to her injuries at the MP Shah Hospital which had received six casualties following the Tuesday afternoon attack.

Four survivors were taken to the Aga Khan University Hospital.

One person with gunshot wounds was operated on and was said to be out of danger.

Kenyatta National Hospital received four survivors of the attack.

One had been shot in the abdomen while another was shot in the chest.

The other two were admitted with soft tissue injuries and were in stable condition.

Avenue Hospital in Parklands admitted 16 survivors, with one woman being in critical condition after being shot four times in the abdomen and was being operated on.

One person sustained a gunshot wound to the thigh, with another fracturing a leg during the ensuing stampede.

Kajiado North MP Joseph Manje who visited the hospital, said he had seen the patients and they were in stable condition.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Passaris rides on commuter train from Ruiru to Nairobi

Mr Manje appealed to Kenyans to donate blood to help the victims.

He said he would also donate blood as part of the emergency management effort.

“I am also going to donate blood as soon as the emergency tent is set up for the procedure,” said Mr Manje.

Police officers blocked journalists from accessing the hospital saying they had instructions from Inspector-General Joseph Boinnet.

“We have been instructed by Inspector-General Joseph Boinnet himself not to allow journalists in the wards or the accident and emergency unit,” said a police inspector only identified as Charles.

Source: Daily Nation

Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: One suspect arrested in the Westlands attack

Published

on

One suspect has been arrested following the Tuesday afternoon attack in Riverside, Nairobi as rescue operations continue.

Specialist police units have been at the scene as they seek to apprehend other attackers at the DusitD2 Hotel.

At the same time, more heavily armed security officers aboard two UN vehicles have made way into the building.

Security teams could also be seen patrolling the fourth floor of the building housing the Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) offices.

Mr Francis Njue, who was caught up in the melee, narrated how in most of the rooms, shaken customers and visitors had locked themselves in and would not open even after police officers who were first to arrive identified themselves.

Those being rescued had to undergo thorough frisking by the security agencies.

Source: Daily Nation

READ ALSO:   BREAKING NEWS: Battle for Nairobi gets complicated as Peter Kenneth announces his run as Independent
Continue Reading

News

Latest from the attack in Westlands, Nairobi

Published

on

  • The attackers arrived using a car, KCN 340E, and another vehicle that advanced further in.
  • They forced their way into 14 Riverside Drive and forced security guards to open the gate by shooting at them.
  • They then advanced and hurled explosives into vehicles at the parking lot before making their way into Dusit D2 Hotel which houses several offices and hotels.
  • The vehicle used by the attackers has been cordoned and the Bomb and Hazardous Disposal Unit is preparing to scrutinise it to establish whether it has explosives.
  • Response teams including the Recce Squad, Flying Squad, Anti-Terrorism Police Unit and the bomb squad led by Director DCI George Kinoti have responded.
  • Currently, police are trying to establish exactly where the attackers are using a map of the building so that they can advance into the Dusit D2.
  • One suspect has been arrested and many people rescued in the ongoing operation as police comb DusitD2 Hotel for more attackers.
  • The area has since been cordoned off and motorists are advised to use alternative routes to facilitate smooth operations by the Police.
  • The whereabouts of the attackers, whom witnesses said are about six, is still unknown.
  • Three people with gunshot wounds from the attack have been rushed to the Aga Khan University Hospital and Kenyatta National Hospital.
  • Attack comes exactly three years after the El Adde attack in Somalia where over 100 KDF soldiers were killed.
  • Other injured people have been taken to M P Shah and Avenue hospitals.
  • Many of those who were trapped inside different apartments near the scene attack continue being rescued.
  • Avenue Hospital in Parklands has so far received eight casualties, one in critical condition while another one is a pregnant woman.
  • The Aga Khan Hospital also reports having received four casualties – three men and one “non-African” woman.
  • The biggest challenge so far is getting those injured to hospitals as there is heavy traffic preventing ambulances from leaving the scene of the attack.
READ ALSO:   Scare as Maternity wing catches fire at Mbagathi hospital

Source: Daily Nation

Continue Reading
poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2018 Calendar

November 2018
M T W T F S S
« Oct   Dec »
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!