Connect with us

News

VIDEO:Pastor speaks out on why he refused to wed Nakuru couple

Published

on

Apostle Jesse Karanja of Mizpah House of Prayer in Bahati, Nakuru county, has defended his refusal to officiate a wedding between two members of his church over the weekend.

In an interview with NTV, the preacher said the couple failed to meet standards of the church that included failure to produce medical test results.

The couple, Joyce Waithera and Paul Waithaka, had been given till Friday, a day before the weeding, to submit the test results.

Mr Karanja said the couple had also failed to attend premarital counselling that was necessary to determine if they are good Christians.

EXCOMMUNICATE MEMBERS

The preacher was adamant that he will not bend the rules and warned errant members of his church that he will exercise his “mandate from heaven” to excommunicate them.

“Basic principle standards of our Christian Pentecostal ministry were not met. If I tell the people you must go through our program of premarital counselling before you get married, If you do not go through it, because that is the only way I can know whether our responsibility to make you a good Christian and lead a happy marriage has been met.”

He added: “If I tell you, you are sidestepping the line of normal Christian life, if you don’t do, it I have a legal authority from heaven to excommunicate you. We had given the couple up to Friday to fulfill some standards and requirements of this ministry because we proclaim living a life of purity.”

READ ALSO:   Wedding called off last minute as pastor demands couple undergoes HIV tests

nairobinews

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

VIDEO: Someone tell New York Times, in Kenya we align the journalists ourselves

Published

on

A furious Citizen TV journalist turned on his colleagues on Wednesday for blocking his shot during a media briefing that was being televised live.

Senior Reporter Hassan Mugambi, with vast experience in security matters, had spent hours covering events at 14 Riverside complex and did not take it kindly when his view was blocked

In a video clip that has gone viral, Mugambi is seen smacking other journalists on their backs as he tells them to cower and stop blocking his view.

 

READ ALSO:   Wedding called off last minute as pastor demands couple undergoes HIV tests
Continue Reading

News

VIDEO: Woman claims singer Ben Githae has abandoned her with twins 

Published

on

BY OLIVIA MUNGWANA

A woman has come out claiming  Tano Tena hit maker Ben Githae has left her with two little girls.

The woman, Rose Wanjiru said she had an affair with the gospel singer and got twins from the relationship, but Mr Githae has now neglected taking care of the children.

However, reached for comment, Ben Githae rubbished the claims saying he was paying for rent for the woman.

“If she want to soil my name by going to media and if she thinks going to the media will help her, let her do it, but I have not denied the children are mine,” said Mr Githae.

The woman claims she met Mr Githae in 2011 in Thika where he had gone to perform, she got pregnant in 2016.

According to Ms Wanjiru, the singer helped her for sometime and later withdrew. She claims he at one time sent Mungiki thugs to beat her up when she was pregnant. Ms Wanjiru claims Githae later claimed the children belonged to a Pastor called JJ Gitahi.

“I have told him if the children are not his, let him come we carry out a DNA, he has stopped paying for rent, and claimed the children are Pastor JJ’s,” she said adding that she had met with pastor JJ Gitahi on three occasions then stopped so she could concentrate on Mr Githae.

Singer Ben Githae

See video below

READ ALSO:   Wedding called off last minute as pastor demands couple undergoes HIV tests

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1207943562715878&id=438216603021915

Continue Reading

News

American newspaper New York Times declines to pull down graphic images on Dusit attack

Published

on

The New York Times has come under intense pressure from its readers and Kenyans online for publishing graphic images of victims of Tuesday’s terror attack at Dusit D2 Hotel at Riverside Drive in Nairobi.

Kenyans on Twitter came out in droves to condemn the New York Times after it published gory images that attracted a global outcry.

In a statement, the American publication said: “We have heard from some readers upset with our publishing a photo showing victims after a brutal attack in Nairobi.”

“We understand how painful this coverage can be, and we try to be very sensitive in how we handle both words and images in these situations,” the statement read.

Images published by powerful paper on its website showed bodies in the restaurant, victims covered in blood and gory scenes.

This sparked off an online backlash, with some readers asking the publisher to pull them down, because of their distasteful nature.

But the publisher is yet to delete the photos from their story.

READ ALSO:   Wedding called off last minute as pastor demands couple undergoes HIV tests

We want to be respectful to the victims and to others affected by the attack. But we also believe it is important to give our readers a clear picture of the horror of an attack like this — this includes showing pictures that are not sensationalised but that give a real sense of the situation,” the publisher said in a statement published on Twitter on Wednesday morning.

The publisher said they take the same approach worldwide whenever such events occur by balancing the need for sensitivity for respect with its mission of showing the reality of the happenings.

Source: Daily Nation

Continue Reading

Trending

error: Content is protected !!