Connect with us


VIDEO: Outrage as Prophet Owour’s motorcade appears bigger than the President’s, complete with police escort



Self-proclaimed Prophet David Owuor on Friday made a dramatic entry in Nakuru town for his three-day conference.

Escorted by a convoy of more than 40 sleek cars led by a police motor rider, the prophet arrived to a warm reception by his followers who had waited for his arrival for the better part of the day along Kenyatta Avenue.

The followers braved the heavy afternoon downpour as they sang and danced in excitement outside a Nakuru hotel where his entourage has booked for the next three days.

The leader of the Repentance and Holiness ministry’s motorcade caused a massive gridlock along the Nairobi-Nakuru highway.

His grand entry brought business to a standstill as crowds milled outside the hotel to catch a glimpse of the “prophet”.


Transport was also paralysed for hours as some of the streets within the town were blocked to give way for his entry.

His followers, who had formed a human shield along Kenyatta Avenue, also disrupted flow of traffic forcing motorists to seek alternative escape routes.

On arrival, Dr Owuor addressed the cheering crowd recalling his past events and ‘miracles’ that he had performed.

He also paraded some of the people he claimed had received miracles among them a woman who had given birth to a baby boy even after losing his uterus.

READ ALSO:   SHOCKING REVELATION: My wife beat me up, says Kenyan Bishop [VIDEO]

Unlike the previous events where the followers washed the streets with soap ahead of his visit, this time they did not wash the streets as it had rained prior to his arrival.

This is the second time the “prophet” is holding a meeting in the town this year.

Business operators in the town especially the hawkers and supermarkets recorded

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Kamene Goro opens up on marriage struggles 




Kiss FM Presenter Kamene Goro on Monday October 19, spoke about her journey in the limelight and how one ultimate decision almost ruined her career in media.

Speaking in an interview on Jessy Junction, the 28-year-old, who has been in the media industry for 8 years, narrated how media was not her first choice in school.

“I went to the University of Nairobi where I pursued an undergraduate degree in law. I had numerous scholarship offers to study abroad but my father declined all of them, ” she said.

She further stated that her choice to pursue law was influenced by her father’s close connections within the said industry.

“During my second year, immediately after doing my clinicals, I was dispatched to a law firm, owned by my father’s friend, as a paralegal.

“Eight months passed by and I felt a calling to pursue something else. Then an opportunity presented itself at Ebru TV, which I took,” she stated.

In 2015 life took an immediate turn for the then 23-year-old, when she exchanged vows with a foreigner who had charmed his way into her life.

“I decided to call it quits on my job, so I gave my employer at Ebru TV a two days notice after which I travelled to Tanzania to live with my husband,” she recalls.

READ ALSO:   Televangelist James Ng’ang’a arrested for "threatening Linus Kaikai"

Unbeknown to her family, the acclaimed presenter had left her career in the name of love, a decision which, she states, still haunts her.

She noted that during the course of the two year marriage, she experienced domestic squabbles like any normal couple but one phone call from her husband one evening made her life come to a screeching halt.

“One day when I was travelling to Nairobi, he (husband) called me and decided to end the marriage. In utter shock, I hung up the phone and that was the final time we spoke.

“Looking back, I thought he was my everything. For a whole week, I was a total wreck because of the divorce as I blamed myself for the failure of the marriage,” she added.

Her ability to cope with the ordeal was strenuous at first as she felt all her time invested in the marriage had gone down the drain.

The radio presenter however urged all ladies in similar situations to get back in the dating game in order to cease from self accusation.

The radio girl also responded to the backlash she received from supporting local Gengetone artistes.

“My choice of supporting Gengetone artistes is based on making an impact in the youths lives. The same critics who are quick to judge don’t pay for the artistes’ studio time or source for their venues. If you want them to sing clean, link them up with gospel artistes,” she opined.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: He cheated on me and was heavily in debt, Robert Burale’s ex wife reveals why she divorced him

During the interview, the radio presenter disclosed her struggles with negativity and hurtful comments on social media which ensued from an ordeal which transpired a while back.

“One time a story was published about me, which stated that I allegedly received Ksh70,000 for going on a date. This story made headlines and forced me to leave the country for a while,” she revealed.

The comical side of Jessy was also seen throughout the interview as he tried to wow Kamene Goro with his charming antics.

Continue Reading


Man jailed for 20 years for chopping off neighbour’s fingers




A man in Lamu county will face 20 years in jail after a Lamu court found him guilty of causing grievous harm.

Omar Yakub Athman chopped off four fingers of Mr Athman Omar Athman’s left hand.

The incident happened on 29th April 2019 in Tchundwa Village in Lamu East.

His actions were contrary to Section 234 of the Penal Code.

When officers arraigned him in court before Lamu Principal Magistrate Allan Temba, he denied the charges.

Omar’s plea of ‘not guilty’ prompted the Director of Public Prosecutions to call witnesses. Prosecution counsel Zacharia Kiongo and Eddie Kadede facilitated the entire process

The victim, Athman Omar Athman, had gone to assist his friend only identified as Hamza to collect stones.

The two were collecting stones from Hamza’s compound in Tchundwa village.

While collecting stones, the two saw a male and a female donkey rushing into the compound. They entered into Hamza’s house and came out running the same way they had gone in.

The accused later came into the compound asking for a donkey saddle.

The victim told him that they had not seen any donkey saddle.

Infuriated by the victim’s answer, the accused questioned what the victim’s intentions were.

READ ALSO:   OPINION: How Kenyan Community Churches in US can help stop spread of Corona Virus

The victim responded by saying that he had nothing to do with a donkey saddle.

The accused person left and came back with a panga in hand.

Without saying anything, he aimed at the victim’s head.

While trying to defend himself, the victim blocked the panga with his hand.

His fingers got chopped off in the process.

The victim tried to run but the accused chased after him and slashed him on the left pelvis area.

The victim managed to rush into a neighbour’s house who rushed him to hospital.

After getting medical attention, he reported the matter to a police station.

Lamu Principal Magistrate Allan Temba pronounced the accused guilty as charged and sentenced him to 20 years in prison.

Continue Reading


Mystery of two brothers who had lunch, then disappeared without a trace



Three weeks after the mysterious disappearance of two Nakuru-based bothers, police still have no concrete leads on their whereabouts.

The duo — Joseph Macharia, 39, a teacher at Kijabe Girls’ High School and Moses Kamau, 37, a land broker cum businessman — went missing on September 21.

Mr Kamau also operated an electronics equipment shop at Pinkam Building in the Nakuru Central Business District.

Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) are trying to piece together information in a bid to unravel the mystery surrounding their disappearance.

A senior detective told the Nation that their last phone signals were around Nakuru Golf Club, which borders the expansive Menengai Forest.

“Kamau’s phone signals were located at around 1.29pm on September 21 before they went missing. Macharia’s went off a few minutes later. We are still piecing together information to help trace them. So far we have made progress,” said the detective who sought anonymity.

By Friday, sleuths were still analysing mobile phone data and tracking their movements as well as establishing the last people they were in touch with.

“We have established that the two brothers had lunch at Shemeji Hotel before their phone signals were located within Nakuru Golf Club and thereafter went missing,” revealed another detective.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Drama as Bishop brings beer to church, encourages congregation to drink hard

Questions still abound on whether they were the ones in possession of their phones at the time of disappearance.

Family unhappy with police

Nakuru County police commander Stanley Kilonzi on Friday maintained that detectives have intensified their search for the duo, but their families disagree.

Their families claim that police are dragging their feet, leaving them devastated and with no hope of tracing their kin.

“We have been to the Nakuru regional DCI offices. Every time we are told to wait for a comprehensive report about the disappearance. Why can’t the police fast-track the investigations and establish if the two were kidnapped or might have been killed?” asked a family member who sought anonymity.

Some family members believe the pair may have been kidnapped by unknown assailants over a business deal gone sour.

Their loved ones have combed the expansive Menengai forest over the past two weeks but come up with nothing.

Since they disappeared, family members have been meeting every day at their grandmother’s home in Kwa Amos, Bahati.

On September 25, the family reported their disappearance at Kiugoine police station, and the matter was recorded in the Occurrence Book (OB) under number 013/13/25/2020.

At the Nakuru Central police station, the OB number was booked under 33/27/9/2020.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: He cheated on me and was heavily in debt, Robert Burale’s ex wife reveals why she divorced him

The Nation established that several family members had recorded statements with the police over the disappearance.

Their ancestral home is in Engashura, Bahati , Nakuru county, but Kamau lived with two wives and his children at Kwa Amos area in Bahati. His brother Macharia lived with his family at Salgaa trading centre on the Nakuru-Eldoret highway.

On the day they went missing, Macharia was on his way from Salgaa to a wedding committee meeting for his primary school teacher’s child at Engashura.

But, as fate would have it, he never made it to the function.

He met Kamau in Nakuru at around 11am, where they had lunch together at Shemeji Hotel before they went missing.

Macharia has two wives and is a father of four, while Kamau has seven children and two wives.

Family members now want police to speed up the investigations.

“They had lunch together before they went missing. Since they went missing, we have visited several areas including local mortuaries, hospitals and nearby forests, in a bid to trace their whereabouts but all has been in vain. We hope that we will find them alive,” said Joel Theuri, a relative.

According to an aunt, Grace Njoki, their phones were switched off moments after one of them (Kamau) communicated with his wife.

READ ALSO:   Televangelist James Ng’ang’a arrested for "threatening Linus Kaikai"

Mystery third person

“Kamau has two wives and had communicated with one of them before his phone went off. He told her he was in the company of his brother Macharia at a hotel sealing a deal, but he did not give details of what exactly they were  doing at the place,” said Njoki.

“Their phones have never been switched on. The family has not heard from them for two weeks now. We don’t know what happened but we hope to find them alive,” she said.

Detectives in Nakuru are yet to identify the third person who was with the two brothers at the time of their disappearance after they had lunch.

Nakuru Human Rights Network director, David Kuria, has also appealed to police to speed up investigations and help trace the brothers.

“I ask the police to work closely with family members to get more information that can help solve the puzzle,” said Mr Kuria.

Continue Reading


Like us on Facebook, stay informed


2020 Calendar

December 2018


error: Content is protected !!