Connect with us

News

27 year old man commits suicide after parents oppose his choice of wife

Published

on

A 27-year-old man from Kiraro village in Maara Sub County, Tharaka-Nithi County has reportedly hanged self after his parents denied him chance to marry his girlfriend.

The body of Lewis Mwandiki was on Monday found dangling from a branch of tree in a garden near their home by neighbors.

He is suspected to have committed suicide on Sunday night.

Maara OCPD Johnston Kabusia said the deceased left a suicide note blaming his parents for denying him a chance to marry a girl he loved so much.

“The deceased left a suicide note explaining that he opted to terminate his life because parents denied him a chance to marry his girlfriend,” said Mr Kabusia.

He said the body was taken to Chuka County Referral Hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem. Police have launched investigation into the matter.

DIALOGUE

The officer urged parents from the region to avoid being too hard to their children but instead embrace dialogue.

The incident has shocked villagers who have described the deceased as a humble person who liked keeping secrets.

“He was my friend but has never told me that he had such problems,” said Mr John Mutembei, a villager.

Ms Jane Kathure, another resident asked parents to allow their children to make choices of their marriage partners to avoid such incidents.

“Parents should advise their children on love matters and not dictating them,” said Ms Kathure.

NairobiNews

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Jacob ‘Ghost’ Mulee named the new Harambee Stars coach

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Celebrated coach and media personality Jacob Ghost Mulee has made a return to the National team.

This comes just a day after Head coach Francis Kimanzi and his entire technical team was shown the door.

Football Kenya Federation (FKF) confirmed the appointment of Jacob ‘Ghost’ Mulee and has since unveiled him.

Mulee first assignment is to prepare the team that will face Comoros in AFCON Qualifier match that’s set to be played in November.

Kimanzi left the scene after he masterminded what had been tipped to be an unlikely friendly win against Zambia on October 9 at Nyayo Stadium.

He was appointed in 2019 to replace Sebastien Migne who he worked with as an assistant coach.

Mulee return reminds Kenyans when national team charges helped to qualify for the 2004 Afcon edition in Tunisia.

He is also credited to have mentored the current J1 League top scorer Michael Olunga and his appointment has provided an opportunity for the duo to work again at national level.

Under Nick Mwendwa Mulee becomes the fifth coach to have been appointed since he took office in 2016.

Stanley Okumbi took over in February 2016 and exited in October 2017 while Paul Put who led Kenya to Cecafa title took over in November 2017 and left in February 2018.

Migne who led the country to the 2019 Afcon finals but, a Chan qualifying setback against Tanzania saw him part ways with the team on mutual consent paving the way for Kimanzi’s rise to the helm.

Kimanzi remained in charge from August 2019 to October 20, 2020, and he left just days after Mwendwa had secured another four-year term as the FKF president.

Mulee and his technical bench are expected to help Harambee Stars fight for back-to-back Afcon qualifications with two matches against Egypt and Togo already played.

Continue Reading

News

Lolani Kalu lands lucrative TV job 

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Former NTV journalist Lolani Kalu is set to make TV comeback after landing a job in a local upcoming TV station.

The talented journalist made headlines a month ago after his plight after retirement was highlighted with his fans calling on the public to come to his rescue.

Speaking to fellow journalists today, Lolani disclosed that he had just signed a one-year contract with TV47 that will see him become coast regional reporter for the station.

According to the 57-year old, the opportunity came after his fans saw him shooting a personal show with one of the artists he was interviewing having TV47 branding.

The excited fans then called the station to find out if he had signed a deal with them and that is what prompted the young TV station to hand Lolani the contract.

He said that he was very grateful and delighted for having another chance in media, adding that the opportunity to work with the station will help him get back on his feet after financial constraints in recent years.

Lolani hopes to revive some of the shows he had while still on NTV like Gumzo Mtaani and Malinmwengu na Lolani at TV47.

He further promised to give back to his fans who came in scores to support him when his story went viral on social media, making him believe in himself and rise again.

He also lauded supporters who did a fundraiser for him through some of the shows that he has since started since he bought a new camera.

He stated that discussions are in progress with TV47 to schedule the exact date for him to return to the screens after putting pen to paper with the TV station.

Lolani also thanked his fans for believing in his work adding that he spent the money they contributed for him in acquiring equipment including a camera worth Sh370, 000.

Continue Reading

News

Eldoret’s Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital overwhelmed by COVID-19 patients 

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

The surge in COVID-19 cases outside Nairobi has now begun overwhelming hospitals in other counties, among them Moi Referral.

A report by the Standard said that the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital in Eldoret was getting overrun by COVID-19 patients.

Moi Teaching is the second-largest referral hospital in Kenya after Kenyatta National Hospital.

A doctor speaking to The Standard said that over the past two weeks, the hospital had witnessed a surge in COVID cases.

The facility also doubles up as a COVID-19 testing centre.

“The number of COVID-19 cases in MTRH is shocking. It is really sad witnessing patients in respiratory distress. This is so unfortunate,” the doctor, requesting anonymity, told The Standard.

The doctor also revealed that many of his colleagues were down with the virus, which has infected over 45,000 in Kenya.

The number of patients requiring high volumes of oxygen and ICU admission was rising, the doctor said. He also revealed that the hospital isolation wards were full.

Uasin Gishu has emerged as a county to watch as cases surged there in recent weeks.

Yesterday, the county tied with Nairobi, each reporting 116 cases.

The day before that, it came in third with 17 cases.

The area governor, Jackson Mandago, confirmed the fast spread of the virus in his county.

“The surge is real. The disease has spread and we have seen people that we know collapsing and dying, only to test positive for COVID-19 post-humously.” Mandago said.

The county recently buried Huruma MCA, Peter Chomba, who succumbed to the virus.

Indeed, residents in Uasin Gishu have lowered their guards completely.

Sources from the area indicate that people have completely discarded masks and are holding funerals and other large gatherings.

Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!