Connect with us


Brave Taximan drives terror suspect straight to a police station



A brave and patriotic taxi driver cleverly drove two suspected terrorists to a Garissa police station after noticing they wanted to secretly enter into Kenya from Kismayu, Somalia.

The heroic acts of the driver come shortly after Kenyan detectives stated the DusitD2 suicide bomber sneaked back to the country from Somalia two days before the Tuesday, January 15 attack that left 21 people dead.

In a police incident report seen by, the driver known as Abubakar had picked Aden Hassan Mohamed 22 and Ibrahim Ali Guyo aged 19 from Hoosingo area in Somalia.

“On reaching Hamey they changed and said they wanted to go to Hagadera in Kenya and instructed the driver not to pass through the main road. The driver sensed danger and on reaching Alnjugur he drove into the Administration Police camp,” read the report referred from Occurrence Book number OB 33/18/1/2018.

After reaching the Administration Camp, officers on high alert apprehended and conducted a search in a bid to establish their identity.

“A search was conducted and a Ceska pistol loaded with 15 bullets, a Makarov pistol loaded with eight bullets and whitish powder were recovered,” the report indicated.

The two suspect were escorted to Garissa police station for further action following their suspicious engagements.

READ ALSO:   Kenya asks UN to finance Somalia war against Shabaab

Detectives also arrested and arraigned in court two taxi drivers suspected to have aided the DusitD2 attackers with movement.

Author: Michael Ollinga Oruko

Additional Reporting by Lucky Omenda, TUKO Correspondent.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Drama as Nyeri MCA’s wife is buried



The funeral ceremony of Konyu MCA Eric Wamumbi’s wife was interrupted after security officials attempted to deny him a chance to eulogise his wife.

The tension-packed ceremony saw an angry Mr Wamumbi lose his cool saying not even President Uhuru Kenyatta could not stop him from paying tribute to his wife Catherine Nyambura Mwangi.


Emotions ran high when Mr Wamumbi was invited by the presiding pastor to read his tribute.

The security team deployed to enforce the social distancing protocol intervened saying the 45 minutes allocated for the ceremony had elapsed and ordered that the body be taken to the burial site.

Mathira MP Rigathi Gachagua then rose from his seat, grabbed the microphone and accused the government of high handedness as he demanding that the MCA be allowed to pay tribute to his wife.

More drama ensued after the MCA had spoken when AIPCA Bishop James Kariuki Mbarachu, who was presiding over the ceremony, asked mourners to respect the government directive.

Earlier, there was tension when Mr Gachagua defied a directive by the Konyu Assistant County Commissioner Henry Owino who had warned politicians not to engage in politics. The MP went ahead and launched a scathing attack against the government.

READ ALSO:   US military dismisses Al Shabaab’s exaggeration of Lamu terror attack


He claimed the government was intimidating mourners by deploying police officers at the ceremony for political reasons.

However Mr Owino said the measures taken by the government were only meant to prevent citizens from the Covid-19.

“I would like to plead with politicians not to politicize this matter, we are not trying to intimidate anybody we are trying to protect you from this disease.

About 100 police officers led by Mathira East Sub-County Police Commander James Barasa were deployed to seal all entries points to Mr Wamumbi’s home at Ndimaini village in Mathira East Sub-County.

The police turned away hundreds of mourners who had started trooping to the village as early as 8 am. The police said they were under strict instructions that only close members of the family would be allowed at the ceremony.

The police also supervised the dismantling of tents that had earlier been erected at Ndimaini Primary School where the ceremony was initially supposed to be held.

None of the more than 20 MCA’s who had attended the ceremony was allowed to address the mourners

Catherine Nyambura Mwangi’ body was found floating in a dam early this week.

By Nation Counties

Continue Reading


Puzzle of chief who owns a quarter of his sub-location



Authorities in West Pokot are investigating how an assistant chief in West Pokot acquired up to 2,569 acres in the sub-location where he serves.

The assistant chief and his two brothers are said to own at least 3,000 acres, nearly a quarter of Katikomor Sub-location, which is 12,355 acres. One person was killed on Wednesday evening in a dispute over land, said to be the property of Kanyarkwat Group Ranch.

Armed attack

Longiro Lwokwasit, 26, and his three brothers, were attacked by a group of 10 armed men who accused them of occupying the disputed land illegally.

He died after being shot with a poisoned arrow. According to Kanyarkwat location chief Julius Rongono, nearly 100 families live on the disputed property, and the assistant chief is suspected of using threats and intimidation to evict them. Security officials say they are investigating the assistant chief after Wednesday’s attack. “He and his brothers fled after the attack and we are searching for them. We suspect they have crossed over to Uganda,” said Rongono.

Local authorities suspect that the assistant chief acquired the property after registering a land-buying company in which he is the director.

West Pokot County Commissioner Apollo Okello said he has suspended the assistant chief and interdicted an assistant county commissioner pending investigations into Wednesday’s killing and the land’s ownership.

READ ALSO:   US military dismisses Al Shabaab’s exaggeration of Lamu terror attack

According to Okello, investigators suspect that the assistant chief colluded with his two brothers to grab thousands of acres and forcibly evict families that have been living in the area for more than a decade. He said the title deed for the property was acquired through Kapenguria land office in a process that security officials suspect was fraudulent.  “Police  are investigating how the three brothers got the title deed. Those who signed all land documents that led to the release of the title deed will also be investigated,” said Okello.

Governor John Lonyangapuo visited the disputed property on Thursday.According to the governor, the county stands to lose at least Sh60 million in schools, markets and other projects standing on the land. Lonyangapuo said the title deed of the disputed land was under the name of Lomangiro Investment Limited and was issued in 2018.

He appealed to the land office to revoke the deed pending investigations. He was speaking at Katikomor area during a security meeting to ease rising tension triggered by the land dispute. Residents currently living on the property accused the assistant chief of attempting to evict them from their ancestral land.


Continue Reading


Omanga’s lonely hour in the dock



Poor Millicent Omanga  Just as she had dared them, they brought it on and they paraded her like a criminal. While she might have seemed to have a clear target in mind when she made the threat, her submission to the Jubilee Party disciplinary committee revealed that it might have been an open challenge.

“Perpetrators,” she responded when asked for whom the threat “bring it on baby” was meant, leaving it open for whoever dared to face her.

Sadly for her, the disciplinary committee took up the challenge. And boy did the ‘baby’ bring it on. The duel was sufficiently publicised and the media called in to capture every moment. It wasn’t going to be a press conference and no one would be flanking her. There would be no buffer between her and the ‘perpetrators’.

Fat paycheck

There she was, all by herself, faced by masked men and women intent on ridding her of her fat pay cheque. She had noticed the first sign of trouble when, as she had said, a meeting meant to exonerate her turned into a retributive one. She sat quiet, meek as a mischievous child awaiting punishment, uncertain of whether or not to speak. She would have done anything to save her skin. Yet, she appeared to embrace all the blunders.

READ ALSO:   US military dismisses Al Shabaab’s exaggeration of Lamu terror attack

“I did not see the message,” she said when asked why she had skipped a Jubilee Parliamentary Group meeting at State House a fortnight ago. She should have stopped talking, but her mouth had other plans. So she went on, rambling as a cornered – again to borrow her words – ‘perpetrator’ would.

“I have more than 7,000 texts,” she claimed. Yet in the same breath, she couldn’t receive any messages as “sometimes unapata simu yako imekatwa kama uko postpaid (sometimes you find your phone disconnected when you’re on postpaid).” Poor Omanga. The nominated senator, despite her tribulations, made sure to cater to everyone’s needs.

She spoke in English and when those who only understood Kiswahili felt slighted, she switched things up. And she was there for francophones too. “Pardon,” she asked a question be repeated in a seemingly French accent, making sure the ‘n’ at the end of the word was silent.

She did not tremble but no amount of shaking would upstage her eyes. They appeared alert and sorry at the same time. She had them wide open and kept her blinking to a minimum.

It was as though she was afraid she would miss something, maybe another text, if she blinked. When she eventually blinked, her eyes fluttered uncontrollably, perhaps keeping stock until the chance would present itself next. The first-time senator insisted on wanting to clarify matters and assured that she was happy to be before the disciplinary committee. Her mouth could say what it wanted, but her eyes had already let out the truth. She wanted the hearing to end.

READ ALSO:   US embassy warns of possible terror attack

Soon.Anyone with an ounce of empathy would have ended the grilling in the first 10 minutes as she was already sorry for her truancy. But not the disciplinary committee. ‘Sorry’ wasn’t good enough for them. They wanted her shaken enough to avoid repeating her offence. They had paraded her for the public for this sake, and so that everyone would see her defeated. They wanted her humiliated.

They took turns at her, bullying her from all sides as they tore open the bag full of excuses Omanga had brought with her. Her face was stripped of the confidence she wears when defending her allies and she occasionally looked like she would cry the next minute.

Her hands couldn’t stay still. One minute they were reaching for something on the table, the next, they were reaching for some hand sanitiser. Her eyes, too, kept wandering, scouting for signs of remorse from faces that were hidden behind masks. Her voice didn’t fare any better. She sounded nothing like the fiery senator from a few months ago.

No vulgarities escaped her tongue. Her repeated pledges of loyalty to the party appeared to have worked when her prosecutor, Senate Majority Whip Irungu Kang’ata, pleaded that she be spared from expulsion. And while the experience may have been emotionally draining, it must have taught her one or two things about politics and even more on loyalty.

READ ALSO:   US forces strike in Somalia, kill 52 Shabaabs

By Standard

Continue Reading


error: Content is protected !!