Connect with us

News

CORRUPTION: Kenyans in US want their country “closed for renovations” [PHOTOS]

Published

on

A section of Kenyans in the US says it is tired of the corruption stories emanating from Kenya and can not take it any more.

Upon learning of the latest two mega billion corruption scandals in their motherland, the Diaspora Kenyans now suggest that the country be “closed for renovation as we seek the way forward.”

On Monday, Kenyan media reported that after paying Sh21 billion to a bankrupt Italian firm to build two dams, the National Treasury has something to show for it — thickets and a seasonal stream.

And this was only the latest in hundreds of scandals to hit the Uhuru Kenyatta administration.

So brazen is the scandal that money was paid to CMC di Ravenna, whose officials have never been on the site, and for a project that has not even been designed.

“When we asked them for the designs, they said they are doing them,” Directorate of Criminal Investigations head George Kinoti said on Monday.

Mwangi Francis from Dallas, Tx wrote on Instagram: “We can’t take it any more. Let us stop lying to ourselves. We should just shut down the country and have a collective meditation on the way forward.”

Janet Wamuyu, a resident of Los Angeles, Ca said: “Could it be that corruption is in our DNA and nothing can redeem us until we are all gone/ Can anyone really help?’

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Kalonzo shocks Raila after saying Uhuru should rule for two and a half years

“Does Uhuru really think anyone will ever take him seriously when he talks about dealing with corruption?’ wondered Odhiambo James who sent in his comments from Phoenix, Arizona.

Many more Kenyans had some really unsavory things to say about the Kenyatta administration, some of which we couldn’t publish here because the are unprintables.

KSN has however collected some of the latest newspaper  headlines to jog your memory. Be the judge:

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Watch how newspaper’s goof turned one man’s joy into nightmare

Published

on

It would be funny if it weren’t so tragic.

On Wednesday January 15, Enosh Momanyi when to bed a happy man. Hours earlier, he had addressed the nation after “learning that he had been appointed as a Principal Secretary by President Uhuru Kenyatta”.

That joy, however, fast turned into a nightmare after it emerged that his picture and name were erroneously used by Standard Newspaper. It was his namesake who had been handed the plum position.

So how did it all start? On Tuesday, President Kenyatta reshuffled his cabinet bringing in a few new faces.

Among the new faces was Enosh Momanyi Onyango who was nominated as PS Physical Planning. The Standard Newspaper shared the pictures on the nominees on the Wednesday paper.

HITCH

But there was a hitch. The newspaper published the picture of the wrong Enosh. In a video that has since gone viral, the 29-year-old clearly overwhelmed by emotions following the “news of his appointment” of which he says was informed by friends and family members after seeing his picture of the local daily, prepared an acceptance speech thanking the president for the appointment.

He thanked Mr Kenyatta for ensuring that the youth were well represented in his government and looked forward to serving the people of Kenya.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Uhuru's press Conference leaves Kenyans excited

“Good evening fellow Kenyans, my name is Enosh Momanyi, I am 29 years old from Webuye West Constituency, Bungoma County. Today has been a good day waking up in the morning to calls and texts from people I know and those I don’t know congratulating me for my appointment by the president to the position of the PS for Physical Planning,” he said.

“Actually I learned this through The Standard newspaper dated January 15, 2020, over the aforementioned appointment I wish to thank his excellency for believing in youth. My desire is to align my responsibilities with Uhuru’s Big 4 Agenda,” he added.

“As I conclude, I also wish to thank all Kenyans and I look forward to being a servant to all of you. Thank you,’ read his speech.

The Standard has since published an apology and shared the image of the correct Momanyi who was appointed by the president.

Continue Reading

Lifestyle

We are just friends, woman says of ‘husband’ charged with assaulting her

Published

on

A man charged within assaulting his “wife” had bitter exchanges with the woman’s father in court as the father disputed his daughter’s marriage to the suspect.

Ferdinand Atandi was charged with assaulting Jackline Wanjugu, a Standard Gauge Railway station attendant, and causing her bodily injuries.

He is said to have snatched her phone immediately she arrived from work and forced her to disclose her pin before he started raining blows on her while armed with a knife. He later pushed her to bed threatening to kill her.

She allegedly disclosed the same after she started nose bleeding and sought help through Facebook while Atandi was hiding in bathroom.

But Atandi denied the charges before chief magistrate Heston Nyaga and claimed Jackline was his wife and the incident was a domestic issue.

But Jackline’s father Daniel Gathuma said he has no idea that his daughter was married to the suspect.

Gathuma told the magistrate that on January 13, he received a phone call at 5am from a woman who informed him that his daughter’s life was in danger following a communication she had with her on Facebook.

ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND

He was informed that Atandi allegedly wanted to kill Jackline. Gathuma claimed he drove from Utawala to Tassia in 15 minutes to rescue his daughter from an “abusive boyfriend”.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Uhuru's press Conference leaves Kenyans excited

He claimed Atandi fled through a kitchen window after he knocked on the door but left a knife in the kitchen sink.

Gathuma maintained that he has been sending his daughter money to pay rent but Atandi said he lives with her at his rented house in Tassia, Embakasi in Nairobi.

The father added that he was not aware of the house rent arrangement as he has been sending his daughter Sh18,000 for rent every month.

Jackline claimed they were “just friends” and have been cohabiting and cost sharing the rent. Nyaga caused amusement in court after asking Gathuma whether Atandi had paid bride price.

“They are ‘just friends’ as I have not received any bride price from Atandi. They have been cohabiting and Atandi has only a few belongings like clothes in the house,” Gathuma said.

The two have lived together for 10 months and Jackline wanted a restrictive order to restrain Atandi from accessing the house because she fears for her life. Atandi, however, disputed this and said it was not logical since his household items were still in the house.

The issue degenerated into an argument between Atandi and Gathuma prompting Nyaga to summon the officer investigating the matter to shed light by establishing who actually owns the house between the two, before he could set bond terms and issue any restraining orders as sought by Jackline.

READ ALSO:   I'm embarrassed, says Kenyatta as he refuses to read his speech

By NN

Continue Reading

Health

VIDEO: Crooks caught repackaging 300,000 expired GoK sanitary towels for sale

Published

on

By JUDITH GICOBI

Police have found over 300,000 pieces of expired sanitary towels in Juja stored in a building under construction where they were being packed afresh. 

Dorothy Megarusha, the Juja OCPD, said the expired sanitary pads belong to a business tycoon. The products were to be distributed to Mombasa, Kiambu and Kilifi Counties.

The pads expiry date was on June 2019. It is likely the sanitary towels were to be donated to school girls for free.

There were empty bags at the scene, clearly showing the pads were being repackaged. 

 “We are suspecting that maybe the person who had the position of these sanitary towels had the intention of repackaging the same into these empty packaging so that it could be supplied to schools withing either Kiambu, Muranga, Kilifi and Mombasa Counties. As the National Police service, we want to thank the members of the public for giving such information because we know that these are expired sanitary towels,” said Ms. Megarusha.

Police are pursuing the suspects.

 

READ ALSO:   Samburu governor free to travel to US
Continue Reading


Are you looking for a Church to fellowship in Atlanta Metro Area?

poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

February 2019
M T W T F S S
« Jan   Mar »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!