Connect with us

News

VIDEO: You won’t believe what police have found in this house

Published

on

Officers from the Special Crimes Prevention Unit have on Wednesday seized a huge cache of fake currencies, foreign and local, that were hidden in a residential house connected to a man charged with mimicking President Uhuru’s voice in a fraud scandal..

Police told the press the fake currency amounts to Sh32 billion and did not reveal how they reached such a figure.

Ruiru Police Commander James Ng’etich said the money had been stacked in at least 20 metal boxes. Among the currencies in the boxes were euros, pounds, dollars and Kenyan currency.

Three suspects — a couple and their female business associate — have been arrested.

The fake cash was stashed in at least 20 boxes that were found in the Ruiru house.

The money laundering syndicate has been linked to the ongoing case in which seven suspects have been charged with defrauding city businessman by mimicking President Uhuru Kenyatta’s voice.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Man, girlfriend charged with killing wife as the devil rears his ugly head again in Kenya
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

NTV reporter looses dad, job under one month

Published

on

Celebrated reporter Sharon Barang’a is going through a tough time after being fired by her employer NTV Kenya barely two weeks after losing her dad.

Barang’a shared the struggles she has been going through hours after NTV fired a number of its employees.

“I have lost my dad & job in one month…it is well. I am hanging in there. Thank you all for the calls, msgs & prayers,” Sharon Barang’a said in a tweet.

In 2016, Ms. Barang’a was among the winners of ICFJ’s Early Childhood Development Reporting Contest.

Nation Media Group is the latest media company to retrench its employees over tough economic times, brought about by the Coronavirus.

On at least 8 top journalists were shown the door from the Kimathi street based media house.

Those who were axed from NTV include; Ken Mijungu, Brenda Wanga, Debarl Inea, Sharon Baranga, Shaban Ulaya, Harith Salim, Lillian, Silas Apollo among others.

Head of Corporate & Regulatory Affairs Clifford Machoka explained that the media company had suffered severe challenges due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.

Many companies have either shutdown or substantially scaled down operations due to drastic decline of revenues. The media industry has not been spared with media houses globally including NMG having been severely impacted

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Drama as Chinese man tries to snatch gun from a Kenyan policeman
Continue Reading

Africa

Feds: Nigerian scammer arrested in $50M scheme that targeted Chicago companies

Published

on

A man from Nigeria has been arrested after being accused of running a $50 million scheme that targeted Chicago companies.

Olalekan Jacob Ponle allegedly got an unnamed Chicago-based company to wire transfer more than $15 million. Another local company lost $2.3 million, but investigators believe the scheme is worth more than $50 million.

Sources pointed WGN Investigates to his Instagram feed which looks like a lifestyle of the rich and famous.

Here’s how prosecutors said the alleged scheme worked.

Either he or his co-conspirators were able to gain access to company’s email accounts through a phishing attack.

In one of the Chicago cases, they allegedly sent an email that appeared to be from the company’s Chief Accounting Officer to another employee ordering the a transfer.

The criminal complaint says “The fraudulent email was almost identical to a prior, legitimate email” right down to the name on the bank account. But the account “number” was different.

Federal agents said Ponle’s scheme spanned at least 9 months last year.

During that time, one of his Instagram posts read: “Money don’t make a man, a man makes money.”

Ponle is a Nigerian national and was taken into custody in the United Arab Emirates. UAE expelled him and federal agents brought Ponle to Chicago Thursday night for an initial court appearance Friday morning.

READ ALSO:   Full List of New County Police Commanders announced by Boinnet

A detention hearing is schedule for late next week.

By WGN

Continue Reading

News

Trump Jr girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle test positive for coronavirus

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

The girlfriend of Donald Trump’s eldest son has tested positive for coronavirus

Kimberly Guilfoyle tested positive for the virus on Friday, July 3 before attending an event with the US president.

Kimberly, a former Fox News television personality and a senior fundraiser for Donald Trump’s re-election campaign becomes the latest member of Trump’s inner circle to contract the virus.

Reports shows that, she had travelled  for Donald Trump’s re-election campaign had travelled with him to South Dakota but did not attend the event after getting the positive tests results.

Tests were conducted on the US president and his son which later turned out to be negative..

The news also comes as the US is experiencing a huge spike in coronavirus cases and at a time when Trump is receiving criticism on his response to the coronavirus crisis.

READ ALSO:   Some Kenya traffic cops use Matthew 5:25-26 to explain why they take bribes
Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

February 2019
M T W T F S S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!