Connect with us

News

Kanze Dena weds lover Nick Mararo in top secret ceremony

Published

on

BY OLIVIA MUNGWANA

Statehouse spokesperson and Head of President’s Strategic Communication Unit (PSCU) Kanze Dena exchanged vows of marriage with her hitherto secret lover on Saturday in the scenic Ol Pejeta Conservancy and overlooking Mount Kenya.

No electronic gadgets, including phones, were allowed in the top secret affair.
The event, held in the restricted but exotic venue- the Sweet Waters Serena camp inside the conservancy, was such top secret that even some of  her close friends didn’t know about it beforehand.
She walked down the aisle dressed in a flowing cream gown to the arms of her man, Nick Mararo, a source,  at the invite-only event- who did not wish to be named -said.
The hitherto little known Nick Mararo is a communication specialist.
Kanze Dena, 39,  has a 9-year-old son, Nathaniel Amani, from a previous relationship.
She previously worked as a news anchor but resigned  in June 2018, after being appointed as the Deputy State House Spokesperson and Deputy Head, PSCU, a role she held for a six weeks before ascending to her current role of Spokesperson in the Executive Office of the President.

READ ALSO:   President Uhuru on a social media detox from abusive comments on his posts
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

VIDEO: Arnold Schwarzenegger assaulted in South Africa

Published

on

BY BMJ MURIITHI

Movie star and former governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger has been assaulted by an unknown person in South Africa.

A Video which has gone viral shows Mr Schwarzenegger standing and filming children at a sporting event in Johannesburg when a man makes a flying kick into his back, causing the actor to stumble forward.

The man is quickly grabbed and whisked away by security.  It was not immediately clear why the man, who was heard shouting; “Help Me…Help Me!” attacked the famous actor.

Schwarzenegger later posted on Twitter: “Thanks for your concerns, but there is nothing to worry about. I thought I was just jostled by the crowd, which happens a lot. I only realized I was kicked when I saw the video like all of you. I’m just glad the idiot didn’t interrupt my Snapchat.”

The 71 year old Schwarzenegger was attending his Arnold Classic Africa event, which features young people engaging in various sports and fitness activities.

He later tweeted:


Watch:

READ ALSO:   SAD VIDEO: Top TV anchor Kanze Dena tells of how she lost her 3 month old baby

 

Continue Reading

Diaspora

Diaporans engage in intense debate over Huduma Namba

Published

on

Intense debate has erupted among Kenyans living abroad over recent announcement by Interior Ministry Cabinet Secretary, Fred Matiang’i that Kenyans in the diaspora have until June 20, 2019 to register for Huduma Namba.

In making the announcement, Dr Matiang’i disclosed that in fact, the registration exercise for Kenyans living abroad started at Kenyan consulates and embassies abroad on May 6, 2019.

“We began another phase of registration this week that addresses Kenyans in the diaspora. We have distributed a total of 154 Kiems kits in 54 missions around the world,” said Dr Matiang’i in a press conference last Monday.

He added : “ The deadline for those living in Kenya is May 18, and the government will not extend the deadline.”

But President Uhuru Kenyatta has since extended the deadline by a week after it emerged that a large number of Kenyans were yet to get registered at the lapse of yesterday’s deadline.

Kenyans living abroad ordinarily embrace such initiatives from the government and rush to be first on line believing it is beneficial to them in the long run. But this time around, things seem to be totally different. There are no reported long lines at the Kenyan embassy in Washington, DC or High Commission in London for instance since the exercise began a week ago.

READ ALSO:   President Uhuru on a social media detox from abusive comments on his posts

Intense debate

Rather, what is going on among the diaspora is an intense debate on social media and community groups on the merits and demerits of the Huduma Namba.

Most Kenyans in the US interviewed by the Sunday Nation agreed that the Huduma Namba is a great initiative if smoothly carried out in terms of registration as the government has said it will be a unique identifier of every person legally in Kenya and Kenyans in the diaspora.

However, most were also livid that just like the Social Security number in the US, the Huduma Namba will be an authenticator as it will have data on aspects of every one’s day to day life.

“The lack of privacy of the Huduma Namba will open it up to fraud especially if used to authenticate individuals,” said Dr Kennedy Simiyu, Research Director at the University of Maryland adding that Kenyans in the US are questioning the basis for having a deadline for the Huduma Namba.

“If the purpose of having services centred on one registration platform then individuals should apply for the Huduma Namba at will,” he said.

Mr Festus Kasyoka Mbuvi, a Kenyan resident of Boston, Massachusetts is leading a group of Kenyans abroad who are arguing that the whole aspect of Huduma Namba reeks of colonial mentality.

READ ALSO:   SAD VIDEO: Top TV anchor Kanze Dena tells of how she lost her 3 month old baby

By Chris Wamalwa, Sunday Nation

Continue Reading

Africa

VIDEO: Now DP Ruto, Aisha Jumwa tell Matiang’i off and call for his resignation

Published

on

Kenya’s Deputy President William Ruto has said all those mentioned in the latest fake gold scam should carry their own crosses and desist from dragging the name of the president into the scandal.

Without dropping any names, Ruto said that “the political conmen had now tuned to gold.”

Walipanda ndege hapa na kwenda huko Dubai na kufanya maneno yao. Wabebe mizigo yao na waache kumuingiza rais kwa mambo hayo,” said Ruto during a fundraiser at a church in Endebess, Trans Nzoia County,.

Meanwhile, Malindi MP Aisha Jumwa, a close associate of Mr Ruto, has asked for the immediate resignation of Interior Cabinet Secretary, Fred Matian’gi.

A section of Jubilee MPs havealso told ODM leader Raila Odinga to state what he knows about the fake gold scandal.

They said Interior CS Fred Matiang’i should also explain how the country’s security was protecting the premises with fake gold.

Speaking  on Saturday when they accompanied Deputy President William Ruto during the launch of various development projects in Trans Nzoia, the lawmakers asked Matiang’i to state what he knows about it.

The leaders were Governors Patrick Khaemba (Trans Nzoia) and Ferdinand Waititu (Kiambu), MPs Robert Pukose (Endebess), Aisha Jumwa (Malindi), Janet Nangabo (Women Rep, Trans Nzoia), Rahab Mukami (Women Rep, Nyeri), Mathias Robi (Kuria West), Janet Jepkemboi (Turbo), Gabriel Tongoyo (Narok West), Fred Kapondi (Mt Elgon) and Owen Baya (Kilifi North).

READ ALSO:   Uhuru now confirms Kanze Dena to State House job

This as it emerged that the Director of Public Prodecution, Nordin Haji, had defended President Kenyatta and former PM Raila Odinga.

Mr Haji issued a statement on Saturday about a recording circulated on social media that suggests that some information was relayed to President Kenyatta, Mr Odinga and Interior minister Fred Matiang’i, and that discussions followed.

He condemned the release and circulation of the recording, saying, “Such claims and their circulation through social media, specifically through leaked phone recordings in today’s age of real-time, borderless publishing, are alarmist and may needlessly cause disaffection.

He warned that “unless all facts are obtained and analysed, it is irresponsible and possibly unlawful to publish such material.”

SPEEDY PROBE

Mr Haji said he had personally received complaints from victims who said the person behind the scam had been invoking the President’s name in dealings and conversations.

“Having realised that they were conned on the availability of the gold, and the misleading knowledge and involvement of the President, the former Prime Minister and CS Matiang’i, they resolved to [file] a report [with] Kenyan authorities and cooperate with law enforcement in unearthing the under-dealings.”

The DPP said he had thus directed Inspector-General of Police Hilary Mutyambai to speed up the probe; he said the file should be forwarded to him in the next seven days.

READ ALSO:   SAD VIDEO: Top TV anchor Kanze Dena tells of how she lost her 3 month old baby

Mr Haji also asked members of the public with helpful information to report it to authorities.

Continue Reading

Trending

error: Content is protected !!