Connect with us

News

Dusit hotel attack forces second major shake up at NTSA

Published

on

The National Transport Safety Authority (NTSA) has once again announced major shake-up of its staff across all levels, months after its staff were arrested in relation Dusit D2 Hotel terror attack over double registration of vehicles.

In the latest shake-up dated April 2, NTSA Director-General Francis Meja has moved several deputy directors among them Cosmas Ngeso, formerly, Deputy Director Registration and who was arrested in relation to Dusit D2 Hotel terror attack but was not charged.

Mr Ngeso now becomes deputy director, safety compliance driver training and testing.

Col (Rtd) Hared Hassan Adan, formerly deputy director, safety compliance driver training and testing is now the deputy director, licensing while Wilson Tuigong formerly deputy director, licensing is now the deputy director, registration.

ROAD SAFETY

Ms Christine Ogut, deputy director, infrastructure and projects is now the acting director road safety.

“Further, all levels the authority has undertaken transfers of staff across the authority with varied reporting dates to ensure continuity of services,” said Mr Meja in an internal memo to staff.

Clerical officers and officers were transferred effective April 1 while principal motor vehicles inspectors are expected to move to their new stations effective May 1 and motor vehicles inspectors will move by June 1.

READ ALSO:   Western MPs Sharply Divided Over Night Travel Ban

“All heads of department and regional managers are requested to note the above changes and take appropriate action to assist all staff settle down in their new duties and stations including determination of their new leave approvers and submission of reporting dates of staff,” said Mr Meja in a communication to all staff.

source:nairobinews

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Top NTV news anchor bags managerial position in new restructuring process

Published

on

The Kenyan media industry has been a big victim of massive redundancies witnessed across the board, some that ended in tears, while some only opened doors for bigger, better opportunities.

Nation Media Group-owned TV station, NTV is the newest kid on the block when you talk of mass firings, one that cost its prime professionals their jobs.

However, soon as the exit came to a close, sources reveal that NTV’s senior Kiswahili news anchor, Salim Swaleh has been promoted as managing editor of the station’s Swahili desk.

Kiswahili prime time news anchor, Salim Swaleh

Taking up the position in acting capacity, Mr Swaleh is set to be replacing Shaban Ulaya who was laid off in the recent retrenchment move.

Meanwhile, as head of NTV’s Swahili Dept, Salim will be handling both administrative and editorial duties, attached to the Swahili department.

Background

During his time at NTV – where he started mid-2018 following his exit at Citizen TV – Salim Swaleh delivered as senior news anchor, news producer and African affairs expert and researcher.

NTV’s prime Swahili news anchors, Jane Ngoiri and Salim Swaleh

Swaleh’s new managerial position comes in the wake of restructuring of departments as NTV preps to adapt a new business model as earlier on stated by NMG Group CEO, Stephen Gitama.

This will require re-tooling and resourcing the group with relevant skill sets critical for success in the new business environment. Regrettably, this will result in a reduction of our workforce effective Friday, July 3, 2020.

NMG Group CEO, Stephen Gitama

The redundancy notice of Friday, July 3, shed off anchors; Ken Mijungu, Harith Salim and Debarl Inea. Plus, news reporters; Sharon Baranga, Silas Apollo, Brenda Wanga and Lilian Kiarie, just to mention a few.

READ ALSO:   Western MPs Sharply Divided Over Night Travel Ban

By Ghafla.co.ke

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Jalang’o says running Churchill Show is too costly- defends Churchill

Published

on

During a Candid interview with fellow comedian Zainabu Zeddy, Jalang’o and Zeddy laid bare their opinions about the Churchill show.
“Let me tell you something Churchill will never reveal, and comedians cannot understand. People see a packed audience and think he has made a lot of money. The tent in which the event is held doesn’t cost less that Ksh3 million,” Jalang’o explained.
Jalang’o who is a close friend of the show host advised comedians to use the platform as a gateway to better things because they could not depend on the show’s allowances to change their lives.
“Performing at private functions and clubs can earn you Ksh 50,000 but you can’t earn that money on Churchill Show because it’s not there,” Jalang’o stated before breaking down the event’s costs.
He then further went on to disclose that running the whole show cost around Ksh5 million.
Jalang’o added that for Churchill to meet the operation cost, it would require at least 5,000 people to pay Ksh 1,000 each for tickets.
“Do you know that sometimes half of the crowd would attend the show for free?” Jalang’o posed to Zeddy.
The radio presenter added that on some nights, Churchill would be lucky to make even Ksh 200,000. He explained that a lot of money would be used to hire chairs, accommodation, lights and stage equipment as well as the technical crew.
He challenged that if the host were making as much money as people thought then he wouldn’t need to work as a presenter at Classic 105 FM.
This revelation comes amid claims that comedians have been getting a raw deal when working on Churchill Show.
C/o Kenyans.co.ke

READ ALSO:   Kenyan journalist sells Dusit photos at Sh50,000 each
Continue Reading

Education

Magoha orders schools to refund second and third term school fees to paren

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Education CS George Magoha has directed both primary and secondary schools to refund second and third term fees to parents who had already paid.

Addressing members of the press on Wednesday, the CS, however, noted that the parents and the institutions are free to enter into an agreement to carry forward the monies to cater for school fees when learners resume classes next year.

The CS spoke a day after he declared the 2020 academic year “lost” due to the coronavirus pandemic threat.

In a press briefing on Tuesday Magoha announced that primary and secondary schools will reopen in January 2021.

The CS said there will be no Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) and Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examinations this year as they have all been pushed to 2021.

“In consultation with the Ministry of Health, we have agreed schools to reopen when daily Covid-19 cases reduce consistently for 14 days. Social and physical distancing is the most critical factor in ensuring the safety of learners,” said Magoha.

READ ALSO:   IN PICTURES: This man Inayat Kassam
Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!