Connect with us

Entertainment

Former TV anchor Esther Arunga appeared bewitched, court told

Published

on

Former KTN presenter Esther Arunga appeared bewitched days before the death of her son Sinclair in Australia, a witness has told a court.

The witness said that Ms Arunga appeared bewitched and made comments about zombies invading the world and eating people.

The witness was testifying in Brisbane magistrates court in a hearing against Mr Quincy Timberlake, who is Ms Arunga’s husband,

“She talked about voodoo and other occult stuff, it was crazy,” said Christina Caroll, adding she was told the information had come from Timberlake.

ARRIVED IN AUSTRALIA

During the hearing, Ms Caroll said she had known Ms Arunga before her husband arrived in Australia.

Ms Caroll, a medic, told the court that she noticed ‘straight line cuts’ on Sinclair’s forehead a day or two after Ms Arunga and son returned from visiting Timberlake in Singapore.

“To me it looked like he’d been cut with a razor or a knife,” she told the court, adding that the cut was discolored like it had healed.

When she asked Ms Arunga what had happened to her son, she was told the boy had fallen down the stairs.

However, Ms Caroll – who has a 25 years’ experience in the medical world –  believed the wounds had been inflicted.

READ ALSO:   Relief for Esther Arunga as court releases her on parole over son’s death

Another witness, Gertrude Marutawana, said she observed “quite a number” of criss-cross scars on Sinclair’s back during a visit to Timberlake’s home.

Ms Marutawana said Ms Arunga told her she had been accused of being a witch in Kenya and as punishment they had beaten her son.

The court also heard from Deborah Stanley, who claimed Timberlake verbally abused her over the phone before he arrived in Australia after she started teaching Ms Arunga about the Bible.

‘CRAZY, UNHINGED PERSON’

Ms Stanley said he was acting like a crazy and unhinged person.

“He was swearing at me, yelling at me, calling me names and telling me that I was trying to turn his wife against him,” she said

“He said Esther was under his control and she would do whatever he would say.”

Several witnesses also gave evidence of their concerns on Timberlake’s mental health after his arrival in Australia.

Collette Barry said Mr Arunga came to her church in July 2014 where she said her husband had “hurt Sinclair”.

The hearing will run to Tuesday next week.

source:nairobinews

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Nick Mutuma breaks silence over sexual assault claims 

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Kenyan actor Nick Mutuma has broken his silence, 4 years after he was accused of sexually assaulting a woman in a viral Twitter thread.

In a statement posted to Twitter on Monday, Mutuma said the resurfacing of the 2016 allegations had presented a week-long nightmare to him and his family.

“The allegations that came out against me in 2017 have since resurfaced and have taken a toll on me… they have affected my family and sadly continue to affect the people in my personal and professional life,” his statement reads.

He acknowledged that although he had had his own share of imperfections, he was not the monster a section of Tweeps had portrayed him to be.

“I do not want my silence to be interpreted as guilt or complacency, yet I do not want to speak and have my words misrepresented, I have been tried at the court of public opinion and ruled guilty by persons with malicious intentions,” he added.

According to Mutuma, a section of social media ne’er -do-wells were hell-bent on tearing down a career that he has fought tooth and nail to build for the last 10 years.

“They have been trying to discredit all my hard work, and they have done their best to see that my dreams never come true,” he explained.

READ ALSO:   Ciku Muiruri: Esther Arunga is not the victim

“I would like to categorically state that I am against any form of abuse against women and I have always been,”

Rachel Mwangi whose partner has written the viral thread has since clarified that the matter- whose truth has been subject of online debate- was put to bed in 2017.

“In 2016, there was an incident between Nick Mutuma and I, that my partner KoomeGitobu posted on social media in November 2017, Mutuma reached out to us shortly after, and we resolved it amicably and privately in 2017,” Ms Mwangi wrote on Twitter.

Mutuma is currently riding the coattails of the global success of two of his films- Disconnected and Sincerely Daisy- which recently premiered on Netflix

Continue Reading

Entertainment

My children saved me from suicide, reveals YouTuber Maureen Waititu

Published

on

There is no beating around the bush – lawyer and YouTuber Maureen Waititu has beaten depression and is off medication,  a year after sinking into an ensnaring dark web of lifedraining sadness. Bravely opening up about her battle with depression, while explaining the peaks and troughs that come with the mental health condition, Waititu disclosed that she seriously considered suicide, twice.

“See that smile?” posed the mother of two as she drew attention to a photo she posted to her over 339,000 Instagram followers where she detailed in the caption what helped her get through it. “That smile was covering severe sadness and depression, in fact, the following day I attempted suicide for the second and last time ever! One year later, I’ve beat depression, got off depression medication, fought several silent battles and won, fought off cyberbullying and saw my life change right in front of my eyes as I achieved things I never even imagined would be possible.”

She explained, “A lot of people ask me how I did it but mostly I have no answer as this is a very personal journey. However, looking back to this period, I remember I was driving back from Murang’a and I heard my baby Kai who was only a year few months old say ‘mama’ for the first time. Lexi on the other hand was days to turning 4 years old – this child is an angel I tell you. He saved my life over and over again and the thought of leaving my precious boys allowed me to snap out of my suicidal state- and fight for my two boys and myself even though I felt like my world was coming to an end, weh! Never again.”

READ ALSO:   Relief for Esther Arunga as court releases her on parole over son’s death

Waititu then revealed that seeking treatment actually saved her life. She stated, “It wasn’t easy, some days were dark, some hopeful. I took the healing journey extremely seriously and without shame, I took my medication and saw my psychiatrist religiously and without fail. But guess what? My faith and trust in God, my determination to heal, self-education, a good support system and keeping an open mind accelerated my healing. I never thought that I’d say this but I have seen the other side of healing and it’s beautiful!”

The personality went on in the October 17, 2020 post to offer comfort, recommended being kind to one’s self, and pleaded for access to mental health treatment, safe spaces to talk and development of support structures. “For anyone feeling lost and broken, trust me when I tell you this, better days are always ahead. Just don’t give up on yourself and accept help where it’s offered. Pray, pray pray! God is always listening and He is aware of our pain and in Faith, He always comes through… I hope this encourages someone. Let’s normalize addressing mental health and let’s support and be kind to each other,” she wrote.

By Standardmedia.co.ke

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Kenyan comedian Flaqo’s YouTube channel terminated

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Comedian Flaqo has cried out after Google terminated his Youtube Channel due to breach of copyright rules and guidelines.

The termination comes after the organization received more than three copyright strikes against Flaqo’s Youtube channel.

Youtube informed Flaqo that he was prohibited from accessing, posessing or creating any other Youtube account unless the linked channel is reinstated.

The comedian, who became an online sensation after his videos went viral, posted a video on his Instagram account registering his disappointment.

He claims that the termination was triggerred by the existence of parody channels and accounts that post his content and present them as their own.

Flaqo claims that he is exhausted and tired of the fakes who have now cost him his channel.

The comedian narrated how it takes him 3 or more days to come up with the content that he posts.

READ ALSO:   Relief for Esther Arunga as court releases her on parole over son’s death
Continue Reading

Trending

error: Content is protected !!