Connect with us

News

Man witnessed as gang killed pregnant wife and daughter

Published

on

Stephen Rabuochi watched helplessly as a gang killed his pregnant wife and three-year-old daughter in Matungu, Kakamega County, on Saturday night.

The family had just retired to bed around 9.30pm when the four-man gang, armed with crude weapons, stormed their Sayangwe village home.

Rabuochi said he heard a commotion outside and when he peeped through the window, he saw people alight from motorbikes.

Before he knew, the gang had broken into their grass-thatched mud house, separated into two rooms with a piece of cloth.

Rabuochi pleaded with the attackers to spare his family, but they would hear none of it.He said he witnessed as one of the attackers clobbered his nine-year-old daughter Loresho Adhiambo with a hammer.

She survived. He then marched to where his other daughter, three-year-old Shirleen Awino, was sleeping and strangled her.

Then the attackers turned to Rabuochi’s wife Petronila Mungayi who was pregnant.Petronila,40, was hit in the head a blunt object followed by a rain of kicks and blows on her chest and stomach.“They also slashed me several times in the head. I later found myself here,” Rabuochi told The Standard from his hospital bed at Kakamega County Referral Hospital.

He said: “I am lucky I survived the attack.” His daughter Adhiambo too is recuperating at the same facility.“I feel so bad I was unable to do anything to save my expectant wife and child who died on the spot,” said Rabuochi.

The incident is the latest in a string of deadly attacks being being witnessed Matungu and attributed to a dreaded gang christened 14 Brothers.

At least 15 people have been killed in the sub-county in the last one month. The victims include two secondary school students, according to area Deputy County Commissioner Charles Ocharo.Haji Sumba,39, Lung’anyiro has been admitted to hospital with serious injuries after he fell in the hands of the gang.

Sumba was attacked on Friday as he walked home around 8.30pm. He sustained deep cuts in the head and legs.“I was accosted with two young men who attacked me with crude weapons. One of them even attempted to cut my throat. I lost three teeth in the process,” said Sumba, who’s admitted at Matungu sub-county hospital.

“I was rescued by good Samaritans who took me to hospital. I thank God I am alive.”The locals who were protesting increased insecurity in the areas also barricaded Busia – Bungoma highway at Ejinja shopping centre.

Suleiman Mambo, 25, a suspected member of the gang, was lynched by boda boda riders yesterday, police said.

Mambo’s aunt, Zulekha Khamala, however exonerated him from any wrong doing.“Mambo didn’t deserve to die, he is not a criminal. It was wrong for the mob to stone him to death as police watched,” she said.Mambo’s brother, Twalib Abubakar, too said he was innocent.

“Most suspects who have been arrested by the police or gunned down are not residents of Matungu. Boda boda riders must be restrained from killing innocent people through mob justice,” Abubakar said.Tension was still high in the area as GSU officers were deployed to restore order.Residents have accused the police of laxity.

They claim some of the law enforcers are colluding with criminals.Two people were arrested at Mayoni shopping centre on Sunday over the attacks that have rocked the region and several weapons recovered.County Commissioner Abdulrazak Jaldesa had earlier ordered the transfer of Matungu OCS and his juniors for ‘sleeping on the job’.

The police are also investigating claims local politicians could be behind the attacks.“If we establish a politician or any other leaders is behind these attacks, we will remind them they are not above the law,” said Ocharo.Area MP Justus Murunga and former Sports CS Rashid Echesa called for speedy investigations.Ocharo insisted the attacks were nothing, but normal crime.

However, we are pursuing several leads including claims some local leaders may be involved in the killings,” said Ocharo.Last week, the police killed two suspects and recovered a pistol and crude weapons that had blood stains

source:standard.co.ke

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lifestyle

Shock after man kills son before taking his own life

Published

on

Residents of a Naivasha village woke up to rude shock after a middle-aged man killed his three-year-old son before hanging himself on a tree.

The man strangled his son in Kipkonyo Village while the mother was away before committing suicide, plunging the area into mourning.

Tears flowed freely as relatives and friends tried to come to terms with the incident before police moved in to collect the two bodies.

Record statement

The 30-year-old man, after killing his son, threw the body into a latrine under construction before stripping naked and hanging himself.

Naivasha police boss Samuel Waweru confirmed the incident, adding that security officers had collected the two bodies and opened an inquest.

He said they would be seeking the wife who was not present during the incident to record a statement as part of their investigations.

“Initial investigations indicate that the man first killed his son by twisting his neck and dumping the body in the family latrine before using a rope to hang himself,” said the police boss.

A neighbour, Isaac Lang’at, said the deceased had for a long time clashed with his wife leading to a separation before he decided to kill himself.

By PD.co.ke

Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Meet young Kenyan lady playing key role in Joe Biden’s presidential campaign

Published

on

Esther Ongeri, a young Kenyan living in the US is the talk of the town after Kenyans learnt that she plays a key role in the Joe Biden presidential campaign.

According to Biden’s campaign website, Ms Ongeri is the Director of Special Projects in the Biden 2020 campaign and has served in the position since July.

Previously, she worked as the Executive Assistant to the Campaign Manager and Special Projects Coordinator in the same campaign team from June 2019.

Ms Ongeri held the posts of operations coordinator from September 2017 to February 2018 and special projects assistant to the CFO from February 2018.

She is an alumnus of Saint Peter’s University in New Jersey where she graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in political science and government in 2017.

According to her LinkedIn profile, the brilliant Kenyan was a staff assistant to New Jersey senator Robert Menendez between May 2016 and July 2017.

Ms Ongeri started off as an intern in the office of Senator Menendez between August 2015 to May 2016.

She attained her high school diploma at Saint Dominic Academy in 2013 after joining the school in 2009.

In the November 3 US elections, former Vice President Joe Biden is seeking to unseat incumbent president Donald Trump and both are busy on the campaign trail.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Woman brings 23 relatives on date with lover to test his generosity

Published

on

A Chinese woman has made headlines after bringing 23 members of her family on a blind date to test her lover’s generosity.

Woman brings 23 relatives on date with lover to test his generosity

Chinese people enjoying a meal in a restaurant. Photo: Quora.
Source: UGC

According to the Daily Mail Online, the unknown woman tagged along with her large clan to the romantic occasion without informing her date in advance.

After enjoying the meal, the man decided to teach the woman a lesson and fled away after receiving the bill which amounted to KSh 382,000 ( £2,300).

According to a Chinese newspaper, Taizhou Evening News, the anonymous woman went on a blind date with a 29-year-old man identified as Liu in eastern Chinese province of Zhejiang.

Reports indicate that the date was organised by Liu’s mom who was worried about her son who had been single for long.

The man had offered to pay for the meal with the thought that it would be a romantic dinner for two but shock on him.

Speaking to the media, the woman said she wanted to test her potential boyfriend’s generosity in catering for the large crowd of 25.

According to reports, the lady and her family enjoyed expensive dishes and alcohol.

Interestingly, Liu failed the test and his potential date ended up paying for the meal herself.

It was later agreed that the man pays for a small part of the meal and the remainder of the bill be shared among the woman’s 23 family members.

In other news, TUKO.co.ke reported of one bride who has since gone viral after she took to social media to convince her friends and family to fund her special day.

According to the post on Reddit, the bride wants a huge amount of moneythat will enable her and her fiance’ to tour Europe for a one month honeymoon.

According to the post, the couple will be tying the knot in December and the bride hopes the guests will not change their mind due to coronavirus.

“Hope you all are doing great and getting all of you all wedding gifts (haha) prepare your cold hard cash and your large housewarming gifts…We really cannot wait to see you all (and receive your gifts LOL) this December,” read the post.

The bride advised her friends against pulling out due to COVID-19 saying they have a monetary goal of KSh 2.2 million ($20,000) minimum.

She indicated that the guests are expected to donate over KSh 3.2 million ($30,000).

By Tuko.co.ke

Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!