Connect with us

News

Former England striker Peter Crouch ‘names’ son after Divock Origi

Published

on

Former England striker Peter Crouch announced the birth of his baby boy on Tuesday by revealing he is thinking of naming after Liverpool FC footballer with Kenyan roots Divock Origi.

Crouch, who played for Liverpool and Stoke City, posted on Twitter: “Our beautiful baby boy was born on Monday June 3 mother and baby Divock Samrat Crouch are doing well.”

The 38 year-old has previously joked that they had thought about naming their fourth child Samrat after his favourite curry house.

He has seemingly opted for Divock – with Samrat as a middle name – in tribute to Liverpool forward Divock Origi who netted the Reds second in their 2-0 win over Tottenham in the Champions League final over the weekend.

Crouch later clarified: “Our boy is beautiful, the name is still to be clarified, unfortunately. Not going for Divock Samrat.”

That he even contemplated posting the name indicates how Divock’s stock has risen following his exploits in the UEFA Champions League semis and final against Barcelona and Tottenham respectively

Divock is a Belgian professional footballer born to Kenyan parents.

Source:Nairobi News

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lifestyle

‘Humanity is still alive’ – ex-TPF star Alvan Gatitu says on Kenyans support

Published

on

Former Tusker project fame participant Alvan Gatitu has thanked Kenyans for coming to his aid, during a difficult moment in his life.

This was after he shared a video of himself narrating how he had been kicked out of his house.

Taking to his social media account Alvan wrote,

‘when you start your day one way and end up in a different place.

Thankful from the bottom of my heart, God bless you.

Humanity is still alive.’

Speaking during an interview on NTV Alvan said he has fought anxiety attacks before.

‘I have suffered anxiety attacks before.

One thing I promised myself is that I would never be vulnerable enough to speak about where I am in life.

I was trying to hold a fallacy that was hurting me.’

Alvan added,

‘When I woke up in that guard’s booth,I knew I was done trying to  show that am alright.

I had reached out for help and nothing was coming through.

I decided to speak the reality of my situation.’

Kenyans heard his cries and contributed towards his welfare.

It was once again a chance for Kenyans to prove that umoja ni nguvu.

Truth be told, many people are suffering it’s just that they do not have the guts to share like Alvan did.

It’s a high time people normalized the idea of speaking out and sharing their problems.

Usikubali kufa na shida peke yaki, ongea,usikike.

By Mpasho.co.ke

Continue Reading

News

Rugby players Frank Wanyama, Alex Olaba pleads not guilty to charges of gang rape, released on Sh300k cash bail

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Two rugby players have each been released on a cash bail of Ksh300,000 after they pleaded not guilty to charges of gang rape and committing an indecent act .

Frank Wanyama and Alex Olaba were in the dock on Tuesday after the High Court ordered a retrial.

Last week the High Court quashed their conviction and 15-years imprisonment after it ruled that there was no evidence that one of the key witnesses in the case was sworn in before taking to the stand.

It is a requirement that one must take oath before testifying.

Further, the court directed that they be charged afresh.

According to the charge sheet presented before the court on Tuesday, the two are alleged to have committed the offence on February 11 2018 at Seefa Apartment in Highrise estate in Nairobi County.

While granting them cash bail, the court noted that it is not bound by the previous proceedings. It however noted that they face serious charges.

Magistrate Zainab Abdul directed that the case be mentioned on July 21 for purposes of fixing a hearing date .

The two have have also been warned not to interfere with witnesses lined up in the case lest it cancels the cash bail

Continue Reading

News

Kalonzo Musyoka’s bodyguard abducted

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka’s bodyguard Sergeant Joel Kieti Kilonzo was on Sunday, July 5 attacked by armed thugs as he was heading home from work.

According to a police statement, the incident happened after the police officer had escorted Kalonzo to his home in Karen.

Kieti was dropped by the driver at the Karen Country Club where he had some refreshments and left the club at around 8 pm.

While the security agent was walking to the stage to board a matatu to town, he was attacked by four gangsters who were armed with a pistol and an AK47 rifle.

As the bodyguard reached out for his firearm, the thugs hit him on the head and subdued him by tying his hands behind his back.

They bundled him into a Toyota Prado and took his pistol which was loaded with 15 rounds of ammunition.

They also made away with his cell phone worth Ksh 10,000 and Ksh 4,000 in cash.

Kieti was later dumped at Shell Petrol Station near Hilton Gardens Hotel along Mombasa Road.

He filed a loss of firearm and robbery with violence report at Embakasi Police Station.

The matter has been referred to Karen Police Station for further action.

Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!