Connect with us

Entertainment

Passaris fights eviction from Sh300 milion Kitisuru house by late billionaire’s widow

Published

on

Nairobi Woman Representative Esther Passaris is embroiled in a vicious legal tussle to stop her eviction from a Sh300 million palatial house in Kitisuru, Nairobi, where she has been living for the last 13 years.

According to court documents, the widow of the late billionaire Kultar Singh Hanspal, Mrs Alka Roshanlal Hanspal, accuses Ms Passaris of trying to forcefully take over the house.

Ms Alka said she sold the house on two-and-a-half acres to Charles Kanyuga Maina and his wife Grace Wanjiku Kanyuga and wants the court to hear and determine the case so that Passaris can be evicted from the property.

Passaris’ dispute with Mrs Alka dates back to 2014 when she sued Kanyuga and his wife to stop them from evicting her from the property she also lays claim to.

Alka was sued as the administrator of the estate of her late husband.

Sh35 million

The case was to resume on July 22 but a letter from Passaris’ lawyer requests for a new date to accommodate the MP.

In the suit, Passaris, who had rented the house from Kultar since 2006, claims an offer was made in 2009 to sell the property to her at Sh35 million, a claim disputed by Alka.

READ ALSO:   Esther Passaris: I will sue Sonko

Apparently the lease agreement had a clause giving Passaris the option to purchase the house but Alka claims the lease was not legally binding because it had not been registered.

The lease agreement, she said, was signed between Passaris and Alka when Kultar was unwell and when he recovered he revoked it, alleging his wife had no legal capacity to sign the contract.

Alka has claimed in her reply to the suit that she signed the “option to purchase” addendum to the lease agreement under duress when her husband was gravely ill and the family was facing financial problems.

Kultar recovered, according to his widow, and denounced the lease and demanded Passaris’ eviction but this did not happen for she stayed on until the end of the lease contract.

Kultar died thereafter, according to Alka, who says he gave her the property as a gift in 2009 and she, legally, made it hers in 2013.

According to Passaris, goons hired by Kanyuga and his wife descended on the property on September 19, 2014.

She alleges in her suit that the hirelings informed her that Alka had sold the property to Kanyuga and his wife despite several injunctions barring any such transfer.

Passaris claims on December 28, 2010, she received a letter indicating the house had been sold to Ken Petro Entreprises and requiring her to vacate in 15 days.

READ ALSO:   Esther Passaris faces backlash after Twitter meltdown

Passaris claims the alleged sale or transfer is null and void for it was conducted against court orders and was orchestrated to defeat the a suit she had filed against Alka and her late husband.

According to court documents, Passaris has not paid for the house.

“Kultar Singh entered into a tenancy agreement with the plaintiff (Passaris) commencing October 1, 2007, for two years, by which the plaintiff was in possession of the suit property as tenant of which she has been paying rent to the third defendant (Alka) but not as a purchaser,” states the court documents.

Alka alleges that Passaris coerced her to sign another lease agreement at the time her husband was ailing from stroke to give the legislator a right to buy the house.

“Passaris took advantage of the situation I was facing,” claims Alka.

She said the said lease was not registered or executed by the late Kultar Singh and therefore it was not valid as at the time she signed the agreement she was not an agent or attorney.

Alka said she had no capacity, authority or power to execute the said agreement on the behalf of Kultar Singh.

According to the documents filed at Milimani High Court, the late Kultar Singh allegedly revoked the October 1, 2007, lease agreement on March 16, 2009 and demanded that Passaris vacate the house.

READ ALSO:   In David Ndii, Esther Passaris finds her knight in shining armour

But Passaris obtained a court order to stop her eviction. In the suit papers, Passaris has sued Kanyunga as the first respondent, his wife and Alka as the second and third respondents respectively.

Yesterday, Alka called on the court to quickly determine the case.

“The case was scheduled for hearing on July 22, 2019, but we have received a letter from her (Passaris) lawyer, saying that she will be travelling to Barbados to represent the National Assembly at global convention on the discrimination of sexual orientation and gender identity,” Alka said.

Source:SDE

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Grace Ekirapa: I’ve been unable to access DJ Mo since cheating scandal

Published

on

Grace Ekirapa, who hosts NTV’s gospel show Crossover 101, has revealed that she had not been in touch with her co-host DJ Mo since rumors he was cheating on his wife Size 8 rocked the internet a fortnight ago.

Ever since reports emerged that DJ Mo, real name Sammy Muraya, was cheating on his wife of seven years Size 8 causing a social media frenzy, the DJ was barred from co-hosting the show with Ekirapa and is thought to be busy trying to glue his marriage together.

Weighing in on the scandal rocking the marriage of her co-host, Ekirapa revealed that she had been trying unsuccessfully to reach out to DJ Mo.

“I haven’t spoken to him and to be honest. It’s been hard for me to get to him. My phone calls haven’t been going through, I know it’s been difficult for him and I think when he is ready he will talk to me. Meanwhile the show has been going on without him but that’s the management’s decision.” Ekirapa revealed during an Interview with Radio Jambo.

She, however, felt DJ Mo should be given a second chance.

“What I will have to say is, when you get saved you won’t stop sinning, you can’t be perfect but there will be consequences. We make mistakes. DJ Mo is an amazing guy and if there’s a chance of working with him again, I would love that.” She added.

READ ALSO:   21-year-old man of Kenyan origin dies after gun accident in Tampa, Florida

The singer also delved into the rumors that once emerged that she was having an affair with DJ Mo, a married man.

“During the launch of Crossover is when the rumor started. We had done a couple of photo shoots on different days and most of the time his hands was on my shoulder or mine on his and so people got talking.” she explained.

by NN

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Our marriage is currently in a tough space’ Says Vivianne, Sam West responds

Published

on

Motivational speaker-cum music manager Sam West has responded after his wife Vivianne hinted that they are going through marital problems.

According to a social media post by Vivianne, people always assume they are a perfect couple but they are not.

Speaking exclusively to Mpasho, Sam West said he hopes things will work out for them.

‘We just have a few domestic challenges but we are working on them. We juts need prayers.’

Asked if this is just clout chasing considering his wife just released a new jam, he responded

‘No it’s not kiki, it’s just a coincidence.’

Sam Was responding to the post below by his wife Vivianne

‘Today I want to be very candid.. nataka niongee wazi.. The world first met  when he decided to propose on the biggest TV show in the country.

I was shocked and this was unexpected for me.

I couldn’t say yes or no so I sat there in front of 40mill Kenyans hoping the world would swallow me but it didn’t, so I smiled.

First forward I have worked with Sam West and been his woman for 4 years.

So to get to the point this post is for you who understands that what society has labeled as marriage is one of the hardest things to exist in.

We are two humans who have learnt the hard way. We are friends and we will always care about one another. Our union has however taken a kick to the stomach.’

Vivianne added

‘ IG in-laws can attest to the fact that I haven’t posted Sam on my feed for the past one month or so.

We felt it would be important to share the truth that marriage can get difficult..

Social media couples have created illusions of perfect marriages which we feel are quite misleading.

To be honest we have ignored each other’s needs in our union . Expectations and control took over our relationship. We are in a tough space and to be honest we are hoping we will overcome the current challenge.

Hii sio Kiki. For those who love even one of us remember us in your prayers. May God’s will be done.

In the meantime ukipata unayemdhamini never take them for granted., #najua

by Mpasho.co.ke

READ ALSO:   Why Esther Passaris wants abortion legalized in Kenya
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Otile Brown reveals of fraudsters conning people using his name

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Kenyan singer Otile Brown has warned his loyal fans to be wary of Facebook operating using his name.

The singer put out the message through his official Instagram account after a few of his fans claimed that he had defrauded them of their hard-earned money with fake promises.

Over the past few years, there has been a surge of con artists who scam crazy fans of their money using celebrities names mostly on Facebook.

They ask for money in exchange for certain services, i.e. business cash boosts or fake gifts.

Otille Brown informed his fans that he does not have a Facebook account as his was hacked a few years ago.

He said that he is trying hard to get it back and would inform his fans through his Instagram account once he does.

“I repeat, I do not have a facebook account at the moment, if I manage to get mine back I will inform you all from this account,” he wrote.

Otille Brown went on to make it clear that he does not and has never asked for cash directly through any of his social media accounts.

Otille appreciated the love of his fans; however, he asked them to be smart while dealing with netizens.

READ ALSO:   Esther Passaris undergoes spinal surgery in India

“Please don’t be conned, OB does not ask for money from fans. Please be smart.”

He further urged anyone who has been approached by a celebrity like him to first ask for a video call before sending any cash.

In regards to the extortion done under his name, Otille Brown identified three men who his team has managed to track down and promised that he will do his best to bring them to justice.

“These are the three conmen, they are a team working together. Chuma chenu ki motoni. We are working too,” wrote Otille Brown followed by a list of three names and phone numbers of the alleged conmen.

Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!