Connect with us

News

Governor Laboso set to return home from India

Published

on

Bomet Governor Joyce Laboso is expected back home in “a few days” from India where she has been receiving treatment.

A statement from her office on Monday evening said Dr Laboso would be returning to the country, but would not be resuming her official duties as she continues to receive medical care.

“The office of the governor would like to inform the residents of Bomet and the general public that the Governor is set to return home in a few days,” said Director of Communication Mr Ezra Kirui.

“Upon her return, however, the governor will continue with her medication reviews locally as per her doctor’s advice,” he added.

The office also assured Bomet residents that county operations were running smoothly and with normalcy.

Dr Laboso, who was transferred two weeks ago from United Kingdom to India, left the country for treatment on May 29, 2019.

She left her deputy, Dr Hillary Barchok, in charge of the county affairs with the assistance of County Secretary Ms Evalyne Rono.

Before going to the UK, Dr Laboso had maintained a low profile for weeks, sparking speculations on her health.

A prayer meeting for her was held last month at the county headquarters.

READ ALSO:   PHOTO: Bomet governor Joyce Laboso admitted in London hospital

Last Thursday Chama Cha Mashinani (CCM) party leader, who is also the former Bomet governor, Isaac Ruto and Chepalungu MP Gideon Koskei flew out to India to visit her just days after Dr Barchok went to check on his boss.

Bomet Senator Christopher Langat, Woman Rep Joyce Korir, MPs Dominic Koskei (Sotik), Beatrice Kones (Bomet East) and Ms Beatrice Elachi have also visited the governor in India.

Others who went to check on her in hospital in London are ODM leader Raila Odinga, Chief Justice David Maraga and his wife Yucabeth, Kenya’s High Commissioner to the UK Manoah Esipisu, Kericho Governor Paul Chepkwony and Konoin MP Brighton Yegon.

Some members of the Bomet County Assembly led Majority Leader Josephat Kirui, and members of the County Executive Committee – Dr Joseph Sitonik (Medical Services), and Benard Ngeno (Social Services), arrived in India on Sunday.

Source:nation.co.ke

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

VIDEO- Family of boy ran over by Ruto convoy say DP ‘did not honour his word’

Published

on

Sidney Mambala’s life was tragically cut short when he was knocked down by a car in DP William Ruto convoy in Budalang’i, Busia.

One month later, the parents say that calls to the Deputy President’s office go unanswered and he has failed to honour his promise.

“Hajawahi receive simu. Napiga simu hazishikwi. Mimi nasikia uchungu sana kumpoteza mtoto wa kwanza,” the father, Felix Mambala said.

Mr. Malamba says he was promised a job while his wife Elizabeth Akinyi financial assistance for her salon business and a house.

They live in a mud hut in Mulwanda village.

The DP’s office confirmed that no assistance has been accorded to the family since Sidney’s death as the matter is still pending in court.

The family however insists that some compensation for Sidney’s death would give them reprieve.

https://youtu.be/1zqQ9Y6tTjI

“DP afanye vile aliahidi. Kama hangekuja budalangi (Sidney) hangekufa,” he added.

“Huyo mtoto angekuwa mtu mkubwa akuje atusaidie budalangi mzima,” Godfrey Okesa, a neighbour, told Citizen TV.

In June after the accident, EDAILY revealed that DP Ruto had spoken to Mr. Malamba, condoled with him and pledged his support.

“The DP called the area OCPD, and asked him to pass the phone to me. DP Ruto told me to take heart, promising to look into my family’s welfare. He also promised to foot all the funeral expenses,” Mr Mambala told EDAILY.

Emmanuel Talam, DP William Ruto’s Deputy Director of Communications, later delivered a condolence message from his boss and again pledged support.

READ ALSO:   PHOTO: Bomet governor Joyce Laboso admitted in London hospital

“Sidney did not deserve to die, he has directed that there will be investigations and most importantly he will stand with the family,” Talam said.

BY CITIZEN

Continue Reading

Diaspora

Kenyan man deported from the US on arrival at the airport, seeks help to reunite with his Patients

Published

on

An online petition to help a Doctor of Kenyan descent who was deported from the United States two weeks ago has been launched.

According to the petition seen by ksnmedia.com,  Dr. Alexander Ondari  was returning to the US to complete his last year as a resident physician at the University of Texas Medical Branch on July 6th, when he was denied entry.

He is now seeking the intervention of the US Embassy in Nairobi. Below is the Petition as prepared by one Georgia Colleluori:

 

On July the 6th, Dr. Alexander Ondari was returning to USA to complete his last year as a resident physician at University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. However, he was barred from entering, as the immigration officer at the airport (Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport) did not honor the valid J1 Visa that he had. Unfortunately, he was deported back to Kenya where he is right now. Currently, all depends on the USA Embassy in Kenya to grant him a new J1 Visa. 

Dr Ondari’s constant efforts as a physician, together with his charitable character, is critical to the well-being of the communities he lives and serves in. Dr Ondari’s objective is to bring value to the US, an aim that has been already accomplished during the last 17 years as a non-immigrant visa holder. It’s is thus a honor to support his efforts to obtain a J1 visa so that he can serve his patients and continue to improve the health of America.

You can sign the Petition by clicking here – change.org/p/us-embassy-in-nairobi

READ ALSO:   PHOTO: Bomet governor Joyce Laboso admitted in London hospital
Continue Reading

Diaspora

WATCH LIVE: Francis Muchene’s Memorial Service in Atlanta as burial set for Sat July 27

Published

on

Send off plans for Baba Chege (Francis Muchene Chege) are in full gear.
The memorial service is tomorrow Saturday July 20th at 4pm at KACC
771 Elberta Dr,
Marietta, GA. 30066.
The final sendoff is Saturday July 27 at Kennesaw Memorial Park (Atlanta’s Lang’ata) Mariettta , Georgia.

We covet all your prayers.
Asanteni for all the support shown during this difficult time. I am standing on the promises of God. “He shall neither leave us nor forsake us.”
It is well with our souls.

Mr Muchene, who passed away on Monday July 8th after a short illness, was the husband to Christine Muchene (Madam President), Father to Joseph Chege, Dr. Paul Kiarie, Evans Ngamau and Monica Okall.
—————————————

For those asking where to send their donations, please see below:
CashApp # – 678-255-7904
Bank Account – Wells Fargo
A/C # 8716838357
Bank Address – 4309 Claires Brook Lane
Acworth Ga. 30101
Account Name – Francis Muchene Chege Memorial Fund

For more information, please contact:
Elder Kanyari Muthoga – 404-353-6317
Njeri Mungai – 404-435-6534
Pastor Karumba Kiroko – 678-656-8446

 

 

 

READ ALSO:   Ailing Bomet Governor to be moved from London hospital to India
Continue Reading

Do you want to own an affordable home in Kenya?

Are you looking for a Church to fellowship in Atlanta Metro Area?

poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

July 2019
M T W T F S S
« Jun    
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!