Connect with us

Immigration News

How you can move to Canada as Permanent Resident through Foreign Workers Pilot Programme

Published

on

Canada has announced it will give permanent residences to temporary foreign workers with experience in the country’s agri-food sector starting 2020.

Experienced, non-seasonal foreign workers with eligible job offers in Canada’s agri-food industry will be retained under the new permanent residence pathway dubbed Agri-Food Immigration Pilot.

The Canadian government said the industry exported a record $66.2 billion in products last year and supports 1 in 8 jobs across the country, but industries such as meat processing and mushroom production “have experienced ongoing difficulty in finding and keeping new employees.”

Currently, foreign workers under Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker program only receive limited-term work permits and have no pathway to permanent residency.

Temporary foreign workers who are eligible for permanent residence under the Agri-Food Immigration Pilot include retail butchers, industrial butchers, food processing laborers, harvesting laborers for year-round mushroom production and greenhouse crop production, and general farm workers.
Others include workers for year-round mushroom production, greenhouse crop production and livestock raising farmworkers, supervisors, and specialized livestock workers for meat processing.

A maximum of 2,750 applicants will be accepted for processing each year under the three-year pilot. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) said the program could welcome about 16,500 new permanent residents, families included, to the country over the course of the pilot’s three-year duration.

READ ALSO:   Application for US Citizenship fees set to increase to $1,440 from $640

“Temporary foreign workers who come to this country and work hard filling permanent jobs should have a fair and reasonable chance to become a Canadian regardless of the job they are filling,” said Rodger Cuzner, Parliamentary Secretary to Canada’s Minister of Employment, Workforce Development, and Labor.

-Mwakilishi.com

3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. Doug

    July 28, 2019 at 4:37 pm

    I am a USA citizen with a Chinese (prc) wife ,living in China. Can I apply?

  2. Adam

    July 28, 2019 at 4:45 pm

    Complete bullshit Canadians are not happy

  3. John Simpson

    July 29, 2019 at 4:42 pm

    Stay put……..this story is bullshit.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Diaspora

Americans abroad must return to the US immediately, says Pompeo

Published

on

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has told Americans abroad who still wish to return to the United States to do so “immediately,” saying commercial and government-chartered flights could soon cease amid the coronavirus outbreak.

“We don’t know how long commercial flights will … operate,” Mr Pompeo said Tuesday, adding it is not a sure thing that flights being chartered by the US government specifically for Americans to return home due to COVID-19 fears will be available in some countries.

The US top diplomat urged any Americans abroad who want to get back to US soil to contact the American embassy in the country where they currently are to begin making plans “immediately” to get a flight back to the States.

READ ALSO:   USCIS announces changes to Direct Filing Addresses for Certain H-1B Form I-129 Petitions
Continue Reading

Diaspora

Initial H-1B Electronic Registration Period Closes March 20

Published

on

BY BMJ MURIITHI

The US government has announced that the initial registration period for the fiscal year 2021 H-1B numerical allocations will close at noon Eastern on March 20.

According to a statement from USCIS, registrations must be properly submitted before noon Eastern on March 20 to be considered in the initial selection process.

“If we at USCIS receive enough registrations during the initial registration period, we will randomly select the number of registrations we project are needed to reach the FY 2021 H-1B numerical allocations and send selection notifications via users’ online accounts,” read part of the Statement.

“We intend to notify registrants with selected registrations from the initial registration period no later than March 31, 2020, that they are eligible to file an H-1B cap-subject petition for the beneficiary named in the applicable selected registration,” it added.

An H-1B cap-subject petition must be properly filed within the filing period indicated on the relevant selection notice. The period for filing the H-1B cap subject petition will be at least 90 days.

READ ALSO:   USCIS proposes tough rules to deter immigrants from obtaining work authorization fraudulently
Continue Reading

Immigration News

More details about the Kenyan woman from Ohio, USA who tested Corona-positive in Nairobi emerge

Published

on

The Kenyan woman who has tested positive to corona virus infection travelled from Ohio via Chicago and then through London, UK, before landing at JKIA in Nairobi.

The woman, who is 27 years old arrived in Kenya on March 5th. She later complained that she was experiencing Corona-like symptoms and took herself to the hospital.

The government says it has traced all contacts the patient made since her arrival.

“We have done all the contact tracing and have all the names including the people who sat next to her on the flights she took,” Said Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe.

Consequently, Kenya has suspended all travel outside the country unless necessary.

Public gatherings are also suspended, including all inter-schools events.

The CS said every level 4 and 5 hospital in the country will have an isolation ward funded by the Ministry of Health and the World Bank.

Kenya has confirmed its first Coronavirus case.

Mr Kagwe on Friday said that although the patient, a Kenyan, is stable and eating, she will not be released from hospital until she is confirmed negative.

The woman is at Kenyatta National Hospital’s Infectious Disease Unit.

County Governments have also been urged to carry out regular public sensitisation on the coronavirus disease.

READ ALSO:   US Gvt proposes More Effective and Efficient ways of Processing of Work Authorization Requests

KEEP CALM

CS Kagwe urged Kenyans to remain calm, noting that there’s no need for panic or worry provided people abide by the measures put in place.

“This is not a time to assign blame but one to join hands to ensure this pandemic does not tear through our country. This is not the time to make abnormal prices,” he warned pharmacies and business people.

PUBLIC TRANSPORT

Transport Cabinet Secretary James Macharia, who was present at the press conference, said all public transport operators were summoned on March 10 for a special stakeholder meeting.

He said the government will be conducting training at bus stops from 10 am to 4 pm that will involve all bus drivers, matatu drivers and conductors.

“Public transport carries the vast majority of our people…more than 90 per cent. That is why we are giving it special focus.”

HEALTH ACT RULES

CS Kagwe has invoked the Public Health Act which requires Kenyans to:

  1. Maintain a distance of atleast 1 metre from persons who are coughing
    2. Those coughing and have fever and difficulty in breathing should stay at home
    3. All public gatherings, and events that have large gatherings
    4. Suspension of interschool events but schools will remain open
    5. Public transport operators will be required to regularly clean their vehicles and provide sanitizers to passengers
    6. Suspension of all visits to prisons for the next 30 days
    7. Kenyans have been warned against spreading misinformation
    8. Unless absolutely necessary, travelling to affected countries have been banned
READ ALSO:   ICE to begin immigration raids in 10 cities on Sunday - CNN

The Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), whose epicentre was in Wuhan, China, has now killed nearly 5,000 people and infected more than 130,000 worldwide as at Friday.

It has spread to more that 120 countries across the globe.

PUBLIC GATHERINGS, RALLIES BANNED

Due to presence of the coronavirus case, all public gatherings, rallies, crusades and meetings of a national nature have been banned. This includes Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) rallies.

However, churches will continue to operate as usual as long they provide hand sanitisers to their congregants.

Interschool activities like drama, music festivals and sports have been also been banned.

Leaders sounded off on the announcement by Mr Kagwe, with Raila Odinga lauding the country’s preparedness.

“We are pleased with the government approach to handling the threat and protecting the health of Kenyans…As a country, we are in this together and we urge our citizens not to panic,” he said on his official social media page.

Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!