Connect with us

News

Here is the grand ‘mkokoteni’ wedding which has gotten Kenyans talking

Published

on

A city couple has managed to make their wedding day an occasion that guests will remember for a long time to come for its simplicity and uniqueness.

Pictures shared by Human Rights activist Boniface Mwangi capture the groom, dressed in a white African suit pulling a mkokoteni (handcart) with his beaming bride seated on top.

The bride is all smiles, same as the groom who is ferrying her along the streets of Nairobi to their wedding venue at Pawa 254.

While bride and groom chose an ‘unconventional’ mode of transport, the wedding nonetheless was presided over by former Chief Justice Willy Mutunga.

Kenyans on Twitter congratulated the newly-wed couple on their nuptials but also had something to say about the mkokoteni stunt that they pulled.

“Hii ndio inaitagwa kupelekwa na rieng!!!?” asked @empresssam1.

“When a rich man pelekas bibi na mkokoteni the society smiles and wants the rest to imitate… but when a ‘poor’ man pelekas bibi na mkokoteni the society mourns and calls for mchango,” said @robertjosochi.

“This is the real meaning of for better for worse… and it shows ones commitment to carry his responsibilities,” wrote @Ddwaynestone1.

“Oyaaa…Respect to the couple Happiness is key,” commented @Bikospeaks.

“Amebeba mzigo wake,” said @nzuguamicheal.

READ ALSO:   Watch Boniface Mwangi blocking another ‘VIP’ motorcade

“For a moment I mistook the chariot for a mkokoteni,” tweeted @lyndachalker.

In May this year another couple became the talk of town after details of their Sh23,500 wedding.

Mr and Mrs Odak further break down their budget saying that theirs was going to be a civil wedding at the registrar’s office.

They planned to use taxi hailing app for transport to and from Sheria House at a cost of Sh800, eat cake worth Sh3,000 and buy rings worth Sh10,000.

A fee of Sh9,700 has already been paid to have their civil wedding conducted in the office of the Registrar of Marriages.

Mr Odak’s break down elicited varied reactions from Kenyans online, with most users admiring the simplicity of his upcoming nuptials.

by nairobineww

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Awkward moment Waititu ‘reports’ his ‘persecutors’ to DP William Ruto

Published

on

Beleaguered Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu has revealed the people allegedly behind his never-ending troubles, which saw him spend close to a week in remand on corruption charges.

Mr Waititu made the “revelation” on Thursday in the midst of fellow politicians including Deputy President William Ruto, Nairobi Senator Johnson Sakaja, Elgeyo Marakwet Senator Kipchumba Murkomen and majority leader Adan Duale.

Curiously, nominated Member of Parliament Maina Kamanda, who Waititu fingered as one of his persecutors, was also present.

He said that the two people behind his misery were Mr Kamanda and Interior CS Fred Matiang’i.

“Wale watu wananilemea ni huyu (points at nominated MP Maina Kamanda) na Matiang’i. Lakini mimi ni mtu ya Mungu,” said Mr Waititu.

The DP and some of the other leaders burst into laughter after his remarks.

CO-ACCUSED

The Kiambu Governor was arrested last month alongside his wife, Susan; the two were co-accused on corruption charges by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).

The two were charged over the irregular procurement of a Sh588 million tender for upgrading of various gravel roads to bitumen standard.

The Director of Public Prosecution, said part of the funds were used by Saika Two Estate Developers Limited to purchase Bieneveu Delta Hotel Limited owned by Waititu and his wife.

READ ALSO:   Watch Boniface Mwangi blocking another ‘VIP’ motorcade

The roads project covered Thika, Limuru, Gatundu North, Juja and Ruiru sub-counties, which was allegedly skewed in favour of the winning bidder with the assistance of the county officials.

Mr Waititu was released on a Sh15 million cash bail while his wife was also freed on a cash bail of Sh4 million.

The judge, however, barred the governor from accessing his office until the case is heard and determined.

by nairobinews

Continue Reading

News

Acid survivor gets full sponsorship for surgery in US

Published

on

Acid survivor Dan Matakayia can now travel to the United States with his guide after all expenses were taken care of by Face Forward International.

Matakayia had an exclusive interview with Nairobi news on Wednesday where he appealed for financial help from Kenyans to travel to the US with his guide to undergo surgery after he suffered acid burns in 2013.

His expenses have been catered for by Alessi Institute for Facial Plastic Surgery where he’s expected to undergo surgeries to open up his nostril.

A hashtag #TembeaNaDan was started on Twitter to help raise Sh600,000 and by day 3, Matakayia had received Sh120,000 and his dream of leaving the country on August 25, 2019 was in the progress of being realized.

GUIDE’S EXPENSES

On Wednesday evening, Matakayia finally received the good news that his and the guide’s expenses would be taken care of by Face Forward International, an organisation that provides emotional support to victims of domestic violence. It is based in California, US.

“God answered my prayers and we are finally leaving for the States as early planned,” he told Nairobi News on phone.

The money he raised through the campaign #TembeaNaDan will now be channeled to his foundation Dan Shieshie Organization that helps victims of domestic violence and campaign against over the counter of corrosive chemicals and acids

READ ALSO:   Watch Boniface Mwangi blocking another ‘VIP’ motorcade

Matakayia was attacked with acid by his wife on the morning of September 21st 2013.

The burns he sustained on his face left him visually impaired and with a breathing problem as his nose was blocked.

By Nairobi news

Continue Reading

News

Six senior citizens in US arrested for having public sex in the park

Published

on

Police in the US arrested six people, all aged above 60, for allegedly having group sex in a public area.

The five elderly men and an 85-year-old woman were arrested after police received complaints of inappropriate behaviour in a park in Fairfield, Connecticut during the week of August 12th, the Connecticut Post reported.

Police conducted surveillance in and around the open space area and arrested the six suspects.

According to the Connecticut Post, the park was being publicised on the internet as an area for people to meet and have sex.

The suspects face charges ranging from breach of peace to public indecency.

They were released on a promise to appear in court.

by nairobinews

READ ALSO:   Watch Boniface Mwangi blocking another ‘VIP’ motorcade
Continue Reading

Do you want to own an affordable home in Kenya?

Are you looking for a Church to fellowship in Atlanta Metro Area?

poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

August 2019
M T W T F S S
« Jul    
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!