Connect with us

News

NOT COMMON: De’Mathew ‘s wives show solidarity as the first one tells off “haters”

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The first wife of the the late Benga-Gikuyu Musician, John De’Mathew, was cheered wildly Saturday when she openly embraced her co-wife and told off “anyone who seeks to separate us.”

“We have had no issues. There were times I couldn’t find his shirt and I called Caroline Waithera (second wife) to ask whether it was in her house,” said Mrs Sabina Mwangi in her off the cuff remarks, to the amusement of those present.

Fans of the late De Mathew,  family and friends thronged the burial grounds on Saturday to pay their last respects during a funeral service attended by President Uhuru Kenyatta and DP William Ruto, among other dignitaries.

De Mathew died on Sunday night in a grisly road accident near Blue Post Hotel in Thika.


The musician was driving alone when the accident occurred and he was pronounced dead after being rushed to Thika Nursing Home.

He is mostly remembered for his famous hit song My Dear Nduku.

On Saturday, hundreds of mourners arrived at Githambia Primary School in Murang’a for the burial.

Among those present were Cabinet Secretaries Joe Mucheru (ICT), Mwangi Kiunjuri (Agriculture) and James Macharia (Transport); former Jubilee vice chairman David Murathe, former Gatanga MP Peter Kenneth, among others.

READ ALSO:   ‘I got divorced after 21 days,’ Kikuyu Gospel artiste on his broken marriage

Earlier on Saturday morning, former Kiambu Governor William Kabogo had a hard time trying to control crowds that had gathered at the Kenyatta University mortuary to view the body.

The mourners had arrived as early as 6am and pushed and shoved at the gate to get a glimpse of their fallen entertainer.

A video emerged of Mr. Kabogo atop the mortuary gate urging mourners to calm down and assuring them that they would all get a chance to pay their last respects.

It took almost 30 minutes to get them to line up in an orderly fashion and begin to view the body.

Two hours later, the body was moved from the mortuary to Githambia Primary School in Murang’a for the burial ceremony.

 

 


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lifestyle

Man who died inside city matatu did not succumb to Covid-19

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The man who died in a matatu along Mombasa road on Tuesday was not killed by Covid-19 as it was initially feared, the Nation has learnt.

Tests on samples taken from the man, who has been identified as Leonard Odhiambo, 57, turned negative for coronavirus.

City Mortuary deputy funeral superintendent Patrick Mbugua, however, said a post-mortem had not been done to determine the cause of death.

“The man was brought to the mortuary and the Covid-19 test came back negative. We suspect he died of blood pressure issues owing to the sudden manner of his death. However, we are still waiting for the post-mortem results. It was not Covid-19,” Mr Mbugua said on Thursday.

On Tuesday at around 7.30am, the matatu had left the ambassador bus stop in the city centre and was picking passengers along the way on its route to Embakasi.

Before 8am, Mr Odhiambo boarded the Embassava Sacco 14-seater matatu popularly known as Manchester at the South B bus stop as he was headed to Embakasi.

He sat on a seat at the row behind the driver’s cabin next to the passenger door. The row has three seats, but owing to Covid-19 regulations, it only had two passengers.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: US-based Kenyan event promoter Sarah Okindo responds to Akothee after her rant and rave

Slightly past Panari Hotel, at an area called Lab, the passenger seated next to Mr Odhiambo wanted to alight. As usual, the passenger next to the door is expected to alight to pave way for the other passengers to get off.

Mr Odhiambo did not move. Thinking he was asleep, the conductor tapped his shoulder. Nothing happened. With a strong nudge, the man is said to have heaved, coughed out aloud and slumped on his seat. It is suspected he breathed his last at this point.

His family went to the morgue on Wednesday evening but did not pick their departed one as they still await the post-mortem results.

by Nation.africa


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Was soldier’s macabre murder premeditated?

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  • 1
  •  
  •  
  •  

The gruesome murder of Lazarus Mwangi, 25, a junior soldier, seems to have been well- planned and executed.

Mwangi’s body was mutilated, eyes gouged, all limbs and hands broken. His body was found dumped at Masinga Dam in Machakos on November 22.

On November 14, Mwangi left his residence at Kahawa Barracks in Kiambu county after informing his seniors he was going to pick a parcel he had been sent from Mariakani Barracks in Kilifi.

That was the last time he was seen alive.

Mwangi had been initially posted to Mariakani Barracks in 2016 before his mysterious transfer to Kahawa Barracks in December 2019.

His transfer had, however, raised eyebrows because it is rare for a junior soldier of his rank to be transferred within that time frame.

Yesterday, a senior army official told People Daily that transfers rarely happen, especially with young and inexperienced soldiers.

“If a young soldier has been transferred, such a move can only be considered when he has specialised on a specific field and his expertise are required elsewhere. That is when a transfer can occur,” the officer who sought anonymity said. The deceased is said to have informed his wife, Ms Doris Muhoro, that he had gone to pick a parcel. On the fateful night, Muhoro tried several times to reach her husband but the calls went unanswered. She fell asleep.

READ ALSO:   ‘I got divorced after 21 days,’ Kikuyu Gospel artiste on his broken marriage

However, during the night, Muhoro’s phone was called eight times by a private number at around 3am but she never answered because she was dead asleep and could not hear it ringing.

In Dagoretti, Nairobi the same night at 3am, Ms Jackline Wangeci, Mwangi’s sister, also received a call from a private number.

The caller who said that he was calling from Gilgil in Nakuru informed her that her brother had been kidnapped.

Same day
On November 15, Mwangi’s family shared what had transpired that night and efforts to trace him started the same day.

The deceased kin reported the matter at Kikuyu Police Station where both Ms Muhoro and Ms Wangeci recorded statements on what had transpired since the disappearance of Mwangi.

A detective privy to the investigations, and who spoke to People Daily on condition of anonymity said Mwangi’s phone Global Positioning System (GPS) history was traced to Muthurwa in Nairobi.

The detective further said that already, a woman had been arrested in connection with Mwangi’s death after sleuths attached to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations traced the people who called him on the day he disappeared.

“The people who called his sister saying they were calling from Gilgil were traced to Kamukunji. Already some arrests have been made,” the sleuth said.

READ ALSO:   Rachel Ruto meets Akothee, showers her with praise

Detectives have also obtained a series of chats between his brother based in South Sudan and an investigating officer. “They killed him after kidnapping him. We believe it was a bait. There was nothing like a parcel he was supposed to pick,” the brother said.

Masinga Police boss Francis Siror confirmed that residents recovered a badly mutilated body and informed them.

Consequently, the police informed the family who picked and transferred it to Thika Teaching and Referral Hospital Mortuary.

An autopsy conducted yesterday established that Mwangi was strangled to death.

by PD.co.ke


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  • 1
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Shock as woman chops off one-year-old son’s private parts

Published

on

Crime Scene Tape
Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  • 2
  •  
  •  
  •  

A one-year-old boy is nursing serious injuries at the Kijabe Mission Hospital where he was admitted after his private parts were allegedly chopped off by his mother.

The boy’s aunt told the Nation that his mother, Winnie Mutheu, fled after committing the act on Thursday.

The aunt explained that as the boy’s father prepared to leave for work that morning, he heard loud, persistent cries from his son and got concerned.

“He asked his wife why their son was crying and she answered that the boy had broken his leg while playing with other children outside the house. My brother then decided to examine his son, only to find no injuries on either of his legs.”

“He went on to remove his son’s clothes and discovered that he had been physically abused,” the aunt said.

Gone into hiding

The couple has lived together for five years and are blessed with two children. There were no reports of conflict between the two when the boy was assaulted.

“The child is still in hospital in critical condition,” the aunt said.

Tigoni Sub County Police Commander Mwaniki Ireri said a manhunt for the woman has been launched.

READ ALSO:   Rachel Ruto meets Akothee, showers her with praise

“The case was officially reported yesterday by the boy’s father. We are pursuing the mother, and we are confident that we shall find her,” said Mr Ireri.

Efforts to get a comment from Kijabe hospital were futile as our calls and text messages went unanswered.

Bizarre as it may sound, cases of women chopping off their sons’ private parts are not new. In May 2018, a Chinese woman cut off her son’s penis just to get back at her husband’s family.

The boy’s manhood was saved by a quick phalloplasty surgery (penis reconstruction operation).

by nation.africa


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  • 2
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Special Offer: Own one starting at Ksh 3.7M


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

August 2019
M T W T F S S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending