Connect with us

News

Pregnant woman handed 30 years for killing drunk husband

Published

on

A 28-year-old pregnant woman will spend 30 years in jail for killing her drunk husband following an altercation.

High Court in Nyeri sentenced Emily Mukiri on Thursday after she pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of manslaughter. The offence was reduced from murder after plea bargaining with prosecution.

Emily admitted to killing her 34-year-old husband Francis Mwiti Mukio in August 2018 at their home in Muthinga shopping centre, Tetu sub-county.

The court established that she stabbed the deceased in the abdomen and face with a knife following a domestic quarrel. The deceased went home drunk at around 1am, sparking a violent confrontation with his wife.

MULTIPLE STABS

Emily picked a kitchen knife and stabbed the deceased, a miraa trader, multiple times in the abdomen and the face.

She later left the deceased in the house bleeding and went at the shopping centre.

Hours later, the deceased received a phone call from a police officer attached to Muthinga Police Station informing him that his wife had been arrested for disorderly conduct and that he should bail her out.

It was at that point that the deceased informed police that he had been assaulted by his wife at their home. He succumbed to the stab injuries at Nyeri County Referral Hospital.

But in mitigation, her lawyer urged the court to take into consideration the Victim Impact Report that touched on Ms Mukiri’s history of being a battered wife.

The incidences were reported to the accused’s mother and also to the police. The extracts of the OB Reports were annexed as evidence of the assaults by the deceased meted out on the accused and also the threats he made to kill her.

DRUG ABUSE

The report indicated that the deceased also had a history of drug abuse.

The lawyer also urged the court to consider the accused’s youthful age of 28 years and that she has two young children aged 10 years and seven years.

The court heard that during the period the accused has been remanded in custody the children were living with her cousin aged 21 years.

But in her ruling, Justice Mshila said the crime committed could only be deemed as unfortunate as a life was lost. The judge also said the accused did not deserve a non-custodial sentence.

by nairobinews

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

SAD: Kenyan man, James Njuguna Kimani (Giant), dies in grisly road accident

Published

on

It is with deep sorrow, and acceptance of God’s will that we announce the promotion to glory of James Njuguna Kimani (Giant) on Sunday, June 28th, 2020 that occurred in Nairobi, Kenya after a tragic road accident.

He is husband to Margaret Wanjiku Njuguna of Nairobi Kenya, father to Ben Gichuhi and Peter Kimani.

He is brother to Irene Wanjiru Toomer, Liz Muthemba and the Late Jane Njeri Muthemba of Baltimore, MD. Brother-in-law to John Waithaka and Dorothy Mugeshi of Baltimore, MD.

Cousin to Carol Muthoni Githua, George Githua, Mary Muthoni, Caroline Muthoni of Baltimore, MD and Racheal Wanjiku, Esther & Paul Kamaru, Pauline Njuku, Shiro Njuku, Beatrice Wairimu all of TX, Lydia & Joe Mathu, George Njuku of Canada and Lillian Muthoni Njuku of UK.

Uncle to Gloria & Moses Kuna, Hellen & Kimathi Njuguna, James & Imna Muriithi, Peter & Akira Muriithi, David Muriithi and many more nieces and nephews.

The proposed date for the funeral is Thur, July 2, 2020 at the family farm in Wangige Lower Kabete at 10AM. Memorial service zoom information will follow.

Your prayers for the family during this difficult time is highly appreciated.

For questions and gifts, contact.

  • Irene Toomer: Cashapp:$IToomer 4436258006 Zelle: 443-625-8006
  • Liz Muthemba: Cashapp: $lizmuthemba 4436802517
  • John Waithaka: 443-851-7830
  • Carol Muthoni: 443-939-0101
  • Gloria Kuna: 410-371-9996
  • Pastor Mugweh: 410-236-5401

Continue Reading

Business

Full list of journalists fired from NTV Kenya

Published

on

News emerging from Nation Centre indicates that some of the country’s top journalistic talents have been fired.

A list exclusively seen by Pulselive.co.ke showed eight renowned reporters and anchors whose terminations took effect on Friday July 3, 2020.

Among those fired are Brenda Wanga (news reporter), anchor Debarl Inea, Sharon Baranga (reporter) and Shaban Ulaya (sports reporter)who have been with the media house for years

Others on the list are Harith Salim (swahili anchor), Lillian Kiarie (business reporter), Silas Apollo (news reporter) and Ken Mijungu who had confirmed his departure from NTV earlier in the day.

Journalists (from L to R) Harith Salim, Lillian Kiarie, Silas Apollo and Shaban Ulaya who have been fired from NTV
Journalists (from L to R) Harith Salim, Lillian Kiarie, Silas Apollo and Shaban Ulaya who have been fired from NTV

NMG CEO’s message

A memo by the Nation Media Group’s CEO Stephen Gitagama earlier in the week had outlined that the media company is keen to retain only those with the relevant skills and expertise.

“The Group seeks to radically change its business model from print advertising and physical reader copy to digital advertising, ePaper subscription and content-driven reader revenue with the objective of establishing leadership in the mobile publishing landscape in Africa while exploring other new revenue streams in the experiential and technology space.

“This will require retooling and resourcing the Group with relevant skill sets critical for success in the new business environment. Regrettably this will result in reduction of our workforce effective Friday July 3, 2020,” the memo read in part.

Continue Reading

News

Its official! Jalang’o to replace Andrew Kibe at Kiss 100

Published

on

Forme Milele FM and Comedian Felix Odwuor aka Jalang’o has conformed that he is replacing Andrew Kibe at Kiss 100.

Speaking to Andrew Kibe on his Bonga na Jalas YouTube series, the comedian confirmed he had been given an offer from Kiss 100 to co-host the Kiss Breakfast alongside radio queen Kamene Goro.

He added that he will begin working on Monday next week.

“Yes I’m taking over your job. This job is mine and you are handing it over to me and I didn’t know that you are leaving, and I didn’t fire you.

“You left yourself and I have been given an offer to take over your spot…. Guys Monday next week, Kamene and Jalas,” said Jalang’o.

Speaking on his exit from Kiss 100, Andrew Kibe said that as soon as Covid-19 hit, he had a misunderstanding with his boss at Radio Africa.

“This is what happened, just when Covid hit mimi na mdosi wangu tukakosana na unajua mdosi wangu ni nani. Huyu msee aliniangalia na madharau,” stated Kibe.

He also mentioned that he gave a three months’ notice which elapsed on June 30, 2020 because the job did not make any sense to him anymore.

“I had to give a three month notice and say by the time June 30 comes, that’s my last day. I gave the notice while you were still working at Milele.

“Ulikuwa pale kwa hashtag kila asubuhi tuko na wewe Alex and Jalas, Kibe and Kamene mimi nikaenda nikasema I don’t want this job anymore it doesn’t make any sense to me,” explained Andrew Kibe.

He added that no one knew he was leaving, including his co-host and longtime friend Kamene Goro who got to know of the development a few days to his final day.

“You didn’t know. I didn’t tell anybody anything. I didn’t reveal even to Kamene amekam kujua juzi tu, she is devastated but she knew just the other day,” added Kibe.

Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

August 2019
M T W T F S S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!