Connect with us

News

Teenage cancer warrior’s heartrending story moves Kenyans into action

Published

on

Three cancer warriors on Wednesday night graced the Jeff Koinange Live show on Citizen TV to share their triumph story over the dreaded disease.

Among the guests was 13-year-old Bianca Wambui who is bravely fighting breast cancer.

The teenager shared her story, which moved many Kenyans.

Bianca had to drop out of school after she underwent an operation to remove one of her breasts.

The stigmatization from her fellow students was too much for her to handle.

“Niliacha kwenda shule kwa sababu ya watoto vile wanasema, wanasema huyu ana titi moja tusicheze na yeye,” Bianca said as she broke down.

After her breast was removed, Bianca never went for chemotherapy or radiotherapy because of financial constraints.

As the show continued, Jeff shared a paybill number to help Bianca raise funds for her cancer treatment and immediately the contributions started flowing in.

After just one hour, the amount contributed had hit Sh 2,442,500.

RESUME EDUCATION

An excited Jeff took to social media to thank everyone who sent in their contributions for the little cancer warrior.

“Thank you, Kenya! …Thank you for standing with Bianca Wambui. We have raised Ksh 2,442,500 in 1 hour! Thank you folks! Let’s keep contributing. Paybill: 918675 Account: Bianca Wambui,” Jeff tweeted.

READ ALSO:   KIZUNGUMKUTI: Are the dramatic Itumbi, Maribe courtroom "romantic" hugs irritating Jowie?

Nairobi Woman Representative Esther Passaris also pledged to take care of Bianca’s educational expenses.

From the start of the show Bianca had faith that she would get help, how that was to happen was not clear for her.

At the end of the show her faith moved the mountains and help came her way.

Now she can start her chemo and resume with her education.

by Nairobi News

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Kenyans blame KWS for the death of migratory bird from Finland

Published

on

By JUDITH GICOBI

Kenyans are blaming Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) for the death of the Osprey, which flew close 7000kms from Finland to Kenya.

The online users are accusing KWS of meddling with the bird’s normal migration pattern while others are questioning KWS and the government involvement over the issue.

The bird was found last week in West Imbo Location, Usalu Village, Bondo Sub County in Siaya County, and rescued, but it died underKWS’s care over the weekend.

Some joked about the death and posted its obituary on social media.

KWS said the bird had severe dehydration, weak and emaciated after the long flight, and it had minor injuries from being trapped by the fishing net.

Some of the Kenyans comments;

 

 

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: What did you say? Jeff Koinange's 'Threesome' remark catches Rubadiri off guard
Continue Reading

Courts

Babu Owino freed from Industrial area remand prison after depositing Sh2.5 million bail

Published

on

By JUDITH GICOBI

Paul Ongili, Embakasi East MP, alias Babu Owino, was released on Tuesday evening from Industrial Area Remand Prison after the court accorded him a cash bail of Sh10 million.

The MP is facing charges for shooting and wounding Felix Orinda, alias DJ Evolve. He was released from the remand prison after paying a deposit of Sh2.5 million as an installment of his cash bail.

Chief Magistrate Francis Andayi on Monday granted Babu Owino a KSh10 million cash bail, which he was to pay in four installments in the next four months.

According to the magistrate, the money will be used to cover the victim’s hospital bill, and the rest will be the bail amount. Owino has been banned from taking any narcotics or alcohol in a public setting. 

Babu Owino, on 17th January, pleaded not guilty to attempted murder charges and behaving disorderly. He was detained for seven days before Monday’s bail ruling.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Sonko confesses to smoking weed, says Uhuru should become Prime Minister in 2022
Continue Reading

News

No one can stop me, Uhuru says on BBI

Published

on

By JUDITH GICOBI

President Kenyatta has maintained that he will not tolerate anyone who hinders his quest to leave a united nation when he retires. 

The president was speaking at the launch of Simba Cement factory in Salgaa, Nakuru County on Tuesday, where he said his mission to unite Kenyans through the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) could not be stopped.

“Let’s not be afraid of coming together. It is what is necessary for stability and to move this country forward. I will not be shaken. That is where I am and I will continue on that path until Kenyans have peace, not living in fear every five years,” said Kenyatta.

“We want Kenyans to vote, go home, eat ugali and chapati, wait for the results and be at work the next day without any bloodshed.” 

He urged other elected leaders to shun politics and concentrate of working for Kenyans. 

“On this journey, no one can stop me. I’ve said this before. On this journey we will get to our destination,” he added.

READ ALSO:   KIZUNGUMKUTI: Are the dramatic Itumbi, Maribe courtroom "romantic" hugs irritating Jowie?
Continue Reading


Are you looking for a Church to fellowship in Atlanta Metro Area?

poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

August 2019
M T W T F S S
« Jul   Sep »
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!