Connect with us

News

VIDEO: Shaffie Weru now joins K24

Published

on

Less than a month after it was reported that Shaffie Weru had joined Homeboyz Radio as programmes controller, the Veteran radio presenter has Joined K24 TV.

Weru was received in the K24 News studios by Betty Kyallo on Friday night following the new Station face launch earlier in the day.

Weru worked at Radio Africa for 14 years co-presenting the Big Breakfast show with Kalekye Mumo and lately Adelle Onyango before the latter quit last month to pursue personal interests.

 

READ ALSO:   I am ready to date again but not these kind of men, declares Kenyan TV star Betty Kyallo
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Tour driver collapses and dies while driving inside Nairobi National Park

Published

on

A tour van driver on Sunday morning collapsed and died inside the Nairobi National Park while he was on duty.

A statement by the Kenya Wildlife Services (KWS) revealed that the driver collapsed while on the steering wheel occasioning the van to veer off the road.

“The Nairobi National park management swiftly acted to secure the safety of the occupants and immediately calling for the assistance of a medical doctor. Unfortunately, when the doctor arrived he pronounced the driver dead,” KWS said in the statement.

The matter was then reported to the Lang’ata Police Station and the police have already launched investigations into the matter.

KWS said that it has informed the tour company which the driver worked for and they are planning to inform his family.

“KWS condoles with the bereaved family and wishes them fortitude during this difficult time,” KWS said.

KWS further assured members of the public and tourists visiting the park of their safety and that all precautionary measures have been put to place to ensure that they are safe.

By Nairobi News

READ ALSO:   ‘It’s too much to bear, I have my own worries’ Betty Kyallo on struggles
Continue Reading

News

Shock as decomposing body in a sack found in school compound

Published

on

A decomposing body of a woman stashed in a sack was yesterday found at Tumaini Primary School playground in Umoja Estate in Nairobi.

Buruburu OCPD Adamson Bungei said the incident was being treated as murder and investigation have started. He said no identification documents were found at the scene and killers may have capitalised on the ongoing curfew to commit the heinous act.

Locals expressed shock following the horrific discovery and urged the police to bring the killers to book.

Bed sheets, mosquito nets and some clothes stashed in separate sacks were at the scene.

It appeared that the body was thrown over the fence as the area is well fenced and guarded. On the other end, the Amani Court of the Umoja Two estate is guarded round the clock.

Locals said this is the third mystery death in a month.

Tenants in the nearby plot, just metres away from the fence of the school said they have not heard any suspicious movements in the recent past and were only alarmed by the smell from the school prompting them to notify police officers on patrol. The body was later moved to City Mortuary.

By The Standard.co.ke

READ ALSO:   Betty Kyallo responds to 'unanona juu unakula kwa wenyewe' remark
Continue Reading

News

Alex Ndiritu: ‘I had no ill motives on White House post’

Published

on

When 27-year-old Alex Ndiritu (pictured) replied to an online broadcast by CNN about the protests in the United States of America, on Thursday, May 28, 2020, he didn’t expect it would attract the attention of the whole world. The protests from the angry Americans were about the death of an African-American, George Floyd, who is believed to have been murdered by the American police in Minneapolis, USA.

It’s for this reason that the young Ndiritu decided to express his discomfort through an online platform, Twitter. “Burn White House now…we are not turning back…” read his tweet.

But Ndiritu says that he had no ill motives when he was tweeting, and that he was only raising alert to demonstrators that a time has come for all human races to be treated with some dignity.

“It was out of anger, and just the way they took my tweet serious, it’s the same way I expected the American government to respond to George’s murder” he said.

Alex Ndiritu still believes that demonstrations are the only way the governments of today can understand. He says that he is a Pan Africanist, and he will keep fighting for the rights of the black people, and trusts that this could be the end of racism in the world.

READ ALSO:   I am ready to date again but not these kind of men, declares Kenyan TV star Betty Kyallo

“When you see people reacting this way, it’s about justice, and it means they are tired of what is happening. So this could probably mark the end of racism in the world” he added. Since Alex tweeted on Thursday, he has received a lot of feedback, both positive and negative. Some have encouraged him to keep on the fight while others have been criticizing him for inciting demonstrators in the USA. Some have even asked him to pull down the post but he is adamant that there is no reason for that.

“I cannot withdraw what I posted because it’s already viral. And even if I withdraw, it will not bring George back to life, what we need right now is to look for a solution to end racism not pressuring me to withdraw my post” he said.

He has also been receiving phone calls and text messages from strange numbers.

This has made him worried about his safety, and has since stopped receiving friend requests on Facebook, but he still hopes that everything is okay.

Moments after Alex tweeted, demonstrators headed to the White house with unknown intentions, something that triggered the US government to deploy police to protect the White house against the protesters. Alex Ndiritu, the man who trended at number one in Kenya for the better part of Saturday, hails from Tetu Sub County in Nyeri County.

READ ALSO:   ‘You’re strong and an incredible woman,’ Victoria Rubadiri, Yvonne Okwara and Nameless praise Betty Kyallo

He says that he is inspired by other pan Africanists like the late Mwalimu Julius Nyerere of Tanzania, Bobi Wine in Uganda and Julius Amalema of South Africa.

Tetu is the same sub county that produced the Kenya’s freedom fighter, Dedan Kimathi and the Nobel prize winner Wangari Mathai.

The determined Alex told The Standard that he is an author having written pathways to Success, a book he says he wrote immediately after his High school education. He is also involved in some community projects like making of interlocking bricks back in the village.

However, he noted that Kenya also needs revolution, saying that there are things that happen in this country that should not be happening. “We are going to address some of the issues happening in Kenya in a better way until we get a solution, we want people to understand the importance of humanity” he said.

By The Standard

Continue Reading

Trending

error: Content is protected !!