Connect with us


Kenyan woman who came to Atlanta for medical attention passes away, family appeals for financial help



It is with deep sorrow that we announce the death of Judith Agono. Wife to William Akoo Agono. Mother to Dan and Joyce Akoo (Savannah, Georgia) and Corazon Amol and Kennedy Okomo (Marietta, Georgia), among others in Kenya.
Family, friends and well wishers are meeting daily from 7.00 pm to 9.00 pm at Kennedy and Corazon’s residence at: 875 Franklin Gateway SE apartment 1434 Marietta GA 30067.
Gate code 333 and 428

The Fundraiser and Memorial Service will be held on Sunday, September 22nd at 3.00 pm.


Believers Celebration Center
1492 Roswell Rd
Marietta, GA 30062

Contributions towards funeral expenses can be sent to:

Mary Wambugu CashApp *678-394-2361

Omondi Innocent Cashapp

Bank of America
Account Name: Corazon Amol Akoo

Contact Information

Alingo : 678-768-0641
Pauline: 678-886-9714

May her soul rest in ETERNAL PEACE.


Background information

Mama was diagnosed with gastric cancer in November of 2016 and managed to come to America on 11/17/2017 in search of better treatment. With the help of friends, we managed to go through some of the most difficult times of this journey because a lot of people came out to support us.

When she came and tests were run, she was only given 6 months to live but mama as a strong believer overcame the odds and had been fighting fiercely with chemotherapy and radiation treatments since then. She responded very well to the surprise of all her doctors and each time we went for follow up we received positive news which gave her strength to fight on.

READ ALSO:   How Kenyans can become US Citizens through service in the military

Since it was a routine for them to do check-ups from time to time, when they did a CT scan this January, they noticed the tumors growing which made them change gears to their mode of treatment making them even more aggressive. Mama being a fighter battled even further until recently when they told us they don’t see the cells responding to treatment like they previously did. They deliberated and wanted to try harder but her condition changed drastically.

They ran some tests and noticed cancer had now greatly metastasized to her liver as well as the lymph nodes. The cells in the stomach had also greatly multiplied thus causing her a lot of complications. The tumors in the stomach actually started bleeding and when the doctors tried to clip them to stop the bleeding, she bled even more.

This made her very weak and not fit to travel.
Doctors advised that with the numbers they were looking at, there was nothing they could do as doctors at that point. The cancer cells were growing aggressively and had outsmarted the treatment. So as sad as it was we took mum to hospice knowing we did not have much time but she was too weak to travel.

READ ALSO:   Kenyan Community in US mourns as death takes away Praise and worship leader "Princess Shiro Barbz Favored"

We had thought of taking her back home but her condition did not allow.
         Mama, therefore, passed on Sunday 09/08/2019. We are happy that mama got time to spend time with us and even help us with the kids as I struggled through nursing school. She became very close to my friends that she got an opportunity to meet and even called them her children.

She also got time during her stay here to visit with my brother in Savannah in December last year and spent quality time with his family there. She has been a great pillar to us, always offering her wisdom and great support even to the extended family. Back in Kenya Mama served greatly in the Anglican Church as a chair and treasurer in different positions both in the local church and even at the deanery level. She was a strong believer who believed in the virtue of Service and gave herself wholeheartedly in matters involving the church.

         Mama’s journey had its ups and downs but we saw great strength and faith in her through it all. We thank God for the time we shared with her as those are priceless moments that will forever remain embedded in our memories. We as a family are requesting for help to take mum back home for her final rest because we know this is a journey we can not walk alone. Any assistance accorded will be much appreciated.


VIDEO: Did you miss Peter Ng’ethe’s Funeral Service in Atlanta? Here it is



A funeral Service for the late Peter Ng’ethe was held at Christ Harvesters Global Outreach Church on Saturday. The late Ng’ethe  was set to be buried on Saturday Feb 22, 2020 at Kennesaw Memorial Park in Marietta, Georgia Address1306 Whitlock Ave NW, Marietta, GA 30064 at 1.30PM.

On Friday Feb 21 2020, a wake in his honor at West Cobb Funeral Home between 5pm and 7pm. Address: 2480 Mcland Rd, Marietta, GA, 30064

Mr Ng’ethe passed away on Feb 1st, 2020.

He was a dear Husband to Serah Ng’ethe (Mama Njoki)
Father to Njoki Mwangi, John Njoroge and Makena Njoki.

May He Rest in Peace. Watch:



READ ALSO:   Kenyan Community in US mourns as death takes away Praise and worship leader "Princess Shiro Barbz Favored"
Continue Reading


VIDEO: Joy as 84 year-old Kenyan man who has lived in US for 60 yrs returns home to a rousing welcome [PHOTOS]




A journey that started in March last year is now complete. Mr. James Mugweru has finally arrived in his motherland, Kenya, after 6 dacades in the United States.

It was pomp and colour as family and friends  gathered in Nakuru to welcome him with a very warm and rousing reception.
Mugweru, 84, came to the US through the famous educational air lift organized by the late Tom Mboya in 1959.He had only returned to Kenya twice in those 60 years he has been in the US.

Around March last year, I was approached by a young man in Kenya to help trace his grandfather whom they had never seen but would hear from stories that he lived in America.

It however did not take me long to fish him out of where he was, thanks to internet.

He was living in a facility for Senior Citizens in Union city, Georgia.

I thereafter introduced him to my Church family – Kenyan American Community Church (KACC) – and they contributed money for his ticket to Kenya.

Mugweru left the country on February 19th.

I would like to thank all those who have walked this one year journey with him providing the much needed stuff and above all, loving him as Christ would do.

READ ALSO:   Kenyan Woman in the Diaspora Found Dead in Her Room

He has always been intrigued by the concern some of you have shown.

Mr. Mugweru has 2 living siblings aged 100 and 80 who were eager and looking forward to reuniting with their lost brother.
Finally thank you Atlanta Kenyan community for believing in my Judgment towards serving God’s people. Without all of you, I would not be of help to the community. God bless.

We do hope that he will come back to visit as you all know that after having lost reality with a country he left long time ago, it can be rough especially in old age and the most needed health care can be out of reach due to lack of money.

This man has been away for too long and those back home could be having high expectation of him and if the same is not there, the happiness may just be temporary leading to abandonment.

He left Kenya undeveloped and the whole country will appear strange not to mention the culture shock.

We, all the same, hope that God will guide him.  To the great people who have given him great love, God bless all.

Chances are he will come back as he cannot fit in Kenya after even loosing his mother tongue and cannot fluently speak Kiswahili which is also forgotten.

READ ALSO:   Kenyan man gets life sentence for raping elderly US patient

It is not easy for James as this is simply a very sad case and maybe a lesson for many, to be prepared and able to face the uncertain, unknown future.

Continue Reading


VIDEO: Kenyan woman deported from the US after 21 Years now living in squalor in Nairobi




A Kenyan woman who moved to the US in 1986 and was deported 21 years later is now leading a miserable life in Nairobi.

Joy Mukwanjero who was born in Meru – but for the most part brought up in Nairobi- says she had nothing to show for her long stay in “the land of plenty” as she had fallen into wrong company before the immigration officials came calling.

In an interview with Tuko News, Joy, who went to some of the best schools in Kenya, tells of how – upon arrival in the US – she got married to a man who introduced her to “partying.”

“I took a job in the hospitality industry and also enrolled for a political science course at the University of San Fransisco but dropped out midway to focus on my job.”

She says it was after moving in with her husband that she became an alcoholic.

“We soon separated and I moved to a different city in California,” she says.

She was later arrested by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers over lack of proper documents.

Joy was detained for some time and was later deported.

With nothing to show for her stay and while still battling addiction, she began looking for a job in the hospitality industry but with no success.

READ ALSO:   Kenyan man in US arrested for "drinking heavily and passing out" at work

She later checked herself  into a rehabilitation center.

A pale shadow of her former self, a jovial looking Joy still hopes that her dreams will one day come true.

Continue Reading


Like us on Facebook, stay informed


2019 Calendar

September 2019
« Aug   Oct »


error: Content is protected !!