Connect with us


Mystery over KCSE candidate’s death while ‘having fun’ at Kisumu nightclub



A journey that started as a mere craving for fun ended tragically for a boy who was only a few days away from sitting his Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examinations this year.

The student allegedly left home last weekend in the company of four of his friends for a night of fun at the nearby entertainment spots.

Kisumu County Police Commander Benson Maweu said the St. Mark Obamba student was caught while attempting to snatch a phone at a club in Kisumu and arrested, taken to Central Police Station but later collapsed.

He was taken to Kisumu sub-county hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival, according to the police.

However, he boy’s parents have given a contrasting chronicle of events surrounding the demise of their son that fateful night.

While the Police and parents agree that the boy left home on evening of the eventful Saturday and was later spotted at Janam Club, similarity in their accounts differs from this point.


The parents claim that they first started becoming suspicious about the fate of their son after their initial inquiry landed them at Janam Club, where they were first informed of his arrest.

This was to their utter disbelief as the boy had never touched someone’s property according to the parents.

Their next stop was at the police, where they denied the reports of receiving such a case, only for police to later recant their story after much pressure to inform the parents that their son arrived at the station badly beaten and died on the way to the hospital.

The shaken parents rushed to Kisumu sub-county mortuary where they found their son’s body.

But something was amiss, the clothes their son was putting on were well washed and cleaned, leaving them with more questions than answers.

The boy did complain of any pain and had no physical injuries, according to the police commander.

Maweu said further investigations are ongoing to establish the cause of death.

By Nairobi News

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Woman blames askaris for her miscarriage



A 32-year-old woman has claimed she lost her pregnancy after she was assaulted by county enforcement officers. Martha Kibiru said she was four months pregnant when the incident occurred on February 22 at Lake View Estate.

The matter was reported at the Nakuru Central Police Station by her husband, Moses Leparan. “The seven who were on duty when the alleged incident happened have been summoned. Investigations have commenced and stern action will be taken against anyone found culpable. The county enforcement officers have a duty to enforce the law and also follow it,” said Paul Githinji, the county chief officer in charge of public service management.

Recalling the events of that day, Ms Kibiru said she had hired two men to remove solid waste from a filled up septic tank at her house.

“The two were preparing the exhauster to empty the septic tank when the county askaris arrived,” she said.Before the men could start working work, she continued, the askaris began to kick and slap her and the workers.

“I pleaded with them but my pleas fell on deaf ears. They arrested me, the two men and a cousin who was visiting,” Kibiru said.

The askaris accused them of polluting the environment as they hauled her into a waiting van before driving to the Central Police Station where they were all booked.”As they pushed me into the county van, a metal bar hit my stomach,” Kibiru said.

While at the Central Police Station, she started experiencing lower abdominal pains radiating to her back, and started bleeding.A medical report from Al Gadhir Medical Clinic dated February 22 and seen by The Standard indicates that she suffered an incomplete miscarriage.

By Standard

Continue Reading


Autopsy on Ruto guard set for today



Guards at the estate where an officer attached to the deputy president’s office used to live have said they last saw him three days before his body was found.

The six guards who were questioned by police yesterday said Sergeant Kipyegon Kenei was seen carrying mangoes on February 17 at about 4pm.

But they could not say whether any strange vehicles had driven into the estate or unknown people had accessed Kenei’s house in Villa Franca through two main gates.

“We don’t keep records of those coming in and out of the compound. We were shocked to learn about his death,” said an officer with knowledge of the investigation.

Kenei’s body was found in his house on February 20 with a gunshot wound to the head. A postmortem examination planned for today will hopefully shed more light on how he died.The guards were told they did not have to record statements until after the autopsy had been done.

Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) Director George Kinoti led a team of homicide detectives, doctors and a sketch artist back to the crime scene as investigations into the incident continue.

Kenei was scheduled to record a statement with the DCI on February 19 regarding an incident where former Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa and his accomplices visited the second floor of Harambee House Annex and signed a fake Sh39 billion arms deal.The officer was in charge of security on that day and his death has thrown a wrench in the police investigation.

Junior officers

Five junior officers have recorded statements with the DCI and claimed they were instructed to grant Echesa and his guests access to the office.

Separately, Kenei’s father John Chesang has said the family will not make any burial arrangements until they know what happened to their son.“I will be at peace to bury my son if I know what caused his death, who was behind it and what action has been taken against those who plotted the death,” said Mr Chesang.

The retired chief said he suspected Kenei might have been tortured, threatened with death and killed, and his body later taken to his house to conceal evidence.“My son did not show any signs of committing suicide. I therefore want to know who he was with, his last movement and why was he killed.”

Speaking to The Standard at their home in Chamasis village, Rongai, Chesang said the family had not been allowed to view Kenei’s body, which is being preserved at the Chiromo mortuary in Nairobi.

BY The Standard 

Continue Reading


Security guard commits suicide in classroom



A security guard of a private school committed suicide today in a classroom at Shilongo area, Manda sub location in Kakamega North Sub County.

The lifeless body of Jacob Wera Bunuka, 35, was discovered by Brain Land Academy head teacher Jacob Bushuru at 6.00am when he reported to work.

“I reported to the school at 6.00am and didn’t find the security guard at the gate and thought he had already gone home. But while doing patrols around the classes, I was shocked when I saw his (security guard) lifeless body hanging from the rooftop,” Bushuru said in his statement to the police.

According to Kakamega County police commander, Bernard Muli, the police could not immediately establish his motive since he did not leave a suicide note behind.

“Police have launched investigations into the matter to establish why the security guard took his own life,” said Mr Muli.The police commander said the deceased body was taken to Webuye County Referral hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem.


Continue Reading


Like us on Facebook, stay informed


2019 Calendar

September 2019
« Aug   Oct »


error: Content is protected !!