Connect with us

News

USCIS announces changes to Direct Filing Addresses for Certain H-1B Form I-129 Petitions

Published

on

On Sept. 1, the US Government  changed the direct filing addresses for certain petitioners filing Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker. The changes apply to the following cap-exempt H-1B petitions:

  • Continuing previously approved employment from the same employer;
  • Changing previously approved employment;
  • New concurrent employment;
  • Changing an employer;
  • Changing status to H-1B;
  • Notifying a U.S. consulate, port of entry, or pre-flight inspection; or
  • Amending a petition.

This excludes petitions:

  • Filed by cap-exempt petitioners or for cap-exempt entities;
  • That are cap-exempt based on a Conrad/Interested Government Agency waiver; and
  • Where the employer is located in Guam or the beneficiary will be performing services in Guam. This also excludes all H-1B1, H-1B2, and H-1B3 petitions.

Please visit the USCIS Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker page to determine where to file your Form I-129. Starting Oct. 1, we may reject Forms I-129 that are filed at the wrong service center.

READ ALSO:   USCIS proposes tough rules to deter immigrants from obtaining work authorization fraudulently
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

‘Young boys shamelessly hit on me in front of my kids’ – Sarah Kabu

Published

on

Bonfire adventures boss Sarah Kabu said she feels sorry for the ‘Xaxa’ generation who have turned their attention to trying to win over older women.

Older women dating small boys are known as cougars.

According to Sarah, these boys know where to source such women thus hanging around areas most frequented by the same.

Speaking during an interview on Radio Jambo, the mother of two said she has been a victim.

‘ When I drive around in my range rover there are some young men who know the right points to get rich women so they hang around there.

Simon and Sarah Kabu

It’s so funny sometimes these young men try to make moves and sometimes you are with your kids.

Sarah said that these boys do this despite the presence of my kids.

My kids are very intelligent so they understand. It’s very worrying, especially with the young generation.’

Sarah recently talked about how women have been trying to approach her husband via DM after he gifted her a car.

‘AFTER THAT WE DID NOT KNOW THAT WOULD BE A PROBLEM.

NOW EVERY SLAY QUEEN TELLS HIM ‘OOH I WANT A VITZ.’

I HEARD PEOPLE WERE ASKING KWANI NAMPEA DESIGN GANI NDIO ANINUNULIE GARI.’

We have logins to each others social media accounts. During the New Year a slay queen wrote,

‘HAPPY NEW YEAR,  MY GOAL IS TO GO OUT WITH YOU, PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Sarah says,

WE MEET SUCH DM’S EVERYDAY.’

By Mpasho

READ ALSO:   US Government announces date for Diversity Visa DV 2021 registration commencement
Continue Reading

Courts

Babu Owino moved to Gigiri

Published

on

By JUDITH GICOBI

Babu Owino, Embakasi East MP, has been moved to Gigiri Police Station. He is supposed to stay there for the rest of the weekend.

Police officers noticed an increased movement of young people near the police station, which was interfering with the smooth running of work there.

“According to intelligence reports, the MP’s supporters were planning to protests outside the station and we had to move him. This is one of the busy police stations in Nairobi and any protest would paralyze our work,” said our source who sought anonymity.

The Mp was taken to Kilimani police station Friday morning after a shooting incident he was involved in at Kilimani B club. 

Babu shot DJ Evolve on the neck, causing him to be admitted at Nairobi Hospital in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).

George Kinoti, the DCI boss, says the MP is likely to be facing attempted murder charges. They have also recovered the gun used at the incident.

“We will charge him with attempted murder. It is apparent that he wanted to kill the man,” remarked DCI Director George Kinoti as quoted by Nation.

READ ALSO:   EXPLAINED: Everything you need to know about applying for 2021 US Diversity Visa [VIDEO]
Continue Reading

Business

Kenya eyes up to Sh35bn aid from US to finance projects

Published

on

The head of a special US development programme is due in Kenya in the coming week to hold initial talks on the country’s potential eligibility for project funding of up to Sh35 billion.

Sean Cairncross, chief executive of the Millennium Development Corporation (MCC), said in a press briefing on Thursday that Kenya is making “excellent progress” toward meeting criteria for inclusion in the programme.

Successfully completing this initial step would likely result in Kenya being chosen for a “compact” with MCC. Such an arrangement, usually focused on infrastructure development, involves an MCC grant averaging about $350 million (Sh35 billion), Mr Cairncross said.

Established in 2004 during George W Bush’s presidency, the MCC conditions its assistance on countries’ performance in “ruling justly”, following free-market economic policies, and investing in health, education and environment.

Since its inception, the MCC has awarded more than $8 billion (Sh800 billion) to 25 developing countries, 13 of them in Africa. Kenya must make additional progress in controlling corruption before it can be deemed eligible for an MCC compact, Mr Cairncross noted. The country’s standing in that regard is determined by assessments by the World Bank and other “third-party data sources,” the MCC director said.

 Corruption does not have to be eradicated for Kenya to qualify for an MCC compact, Mr Cairncross told reporters. Eligibility for aid is assessed on the basis of a “trend toward dealing with that corruption and a willingness to engage government resources and political will to take those issues on,” he said.

READ ALSO:   Check here: Green card results are out

This is not the first MCC threshold programme for which Kenya has been chosen. It entered into an initiative of that type in 2007, which was aimed at reforming public procurement systems, improving health service delivery, and enhancing the monitoring capacity of government and civil-society organisations.

Despite some progress on each of those fronts, Kenya still fell short of the eligibility standards when the first threshold programme concluded in 2010.

“Kenya is an important partner in East Africa,” the MCC said in December, announcing the country’s approval for a second threshold programme.

That move reflects Washington’s aim to counter China’s influence in Kenya through its large-scale infrastructure investments in recent years.

by nation.co.ke

Continue Reading


Are you looking for a Church to fellowship in Atlanta Metro Area?

poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

September 2019
M T W T F S S
« Aug   Oct »
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!