Connect with us

News

Forget presidency, Atwoli tells Ruto

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The Central Organisation of Trade Unions (Cotu) Secretary-General Francis Atwoli on Sunday renewed his attacks on Deputy President William Ruto.

Mr Atwoli challenged Dr Ruto to tell Kenyans the source of his huge donations to churches.

Speaking at Bukhwala Seventh Day Adventist Church in Khwisero Constituency, the Cotu boss told the Dr Ruto to stop wasting time campaigning to become president in 2022 saying the DP lacked the credibility to serve as president.

The Cotu boss said that the Luhya community would never support Dr Ruto’s 2022 presidential bid.

 “If the deputy president thinks he can win the support of the Luhya community by frequenting western region to attend church functions and making donations, he is mistaken. Some of our leaders have become cheap and are busy chasing handouts,” said Mr Atwoli.

He told Dr Ruto to read the signs and stop dreaming of succeeding President Uhuru Kenyatta.

“I want to tell Dr Ruto that he has no place in the next government. He should stop running around in churches and dishing out huge donations,” said Mr Atwoli.

The trade unionist criticised the leadership Catholic Church for accepting donations from politicians without questioning the source of the money.

READ ALSO:   How Francis Atwoli treated wife Mary Kilobi in Seychelles

Reacting to Mr Atwoli’s remarks, former Kakamega Senator Boni Khalwale challenged the Cotu boss to name his preferred presidential candidate and focus his energy and resources by campaigning for him.

 “Mr Atwoli should know that Dr Ruto will not be defeated in the 2022 presidential race through verbal attacks,” said Dr Khalwale.

Mr Atwoli had earlier said that politicians who support Dr Ruto’s 2022 presidential bid will face the wrath of voters.

“I’m going to convene another meeting at Bukhungu Stadium and draw a list of politicians who will become the next governors, senators and MPs. Those running around in western as they campaign for the deputy president have their days numbered,” said Mr Atwoli.

 He said he had earlier predicted the country was headed for constitutional changes.

“Today, I want to tell the DP that he does not stand a chance of ascending the presidency in 2022. He should first tell Kenyans the source of his wealth before dreaming of becoming the next president,” said Mr Atwoli who was accompanied by Cotu top officials and MPs Omboko Milemba (Emuhaya) and Christopher Aseka (Khwisero).

He claimed that Catholic priests had received huge donations from politicians.

“It’s good that their bishops have eventually seen the rot and stopped the trend. The clerics wanted to get rich overnight,” he claimed.

READ ALSO:   Video &Photo: Meet Francis Atwoli himselufu in the 90s

Mr Atwoli claimed that some priests had turned the church into places for worshipping people who give them huge amounts of money.

Mr Atwoli further accused a section of Luhya politicians of embarrassing the community by chasing handouts.

“This trend of handouts that has emerged among elected Luhya leaders is strange and embarrassing, Luhyas were known to be leaders and not beggars,” he said.

He said the zeal for change in the Constitution was unstoppable. The Cotu boss also took issue with recruitment process of police officers.

He said majority of police officers hired through corrupt means ended up stealing from the public.

“In future, we want police applicants to have recommendations from chiefs,” he said.

He asked President Kenyatta to keep tightening the noose on corruption. Mr Milemba condemned the eviction of people who bought land at Chesumei in Nandi County.

“In 1970s, our people were forcefully evicted from Rift Valley and this led to shedding of blood. We don’t want to go this way again,” said Mr Milemba.

by nation.co.ke


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Health

Comedian Flaqo opens up on rare condition he has been battling

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Popular Kenyan comedian, Flaqo born Erastus Ayieko Otieno has for the first time spoken about a rare condition that he has been struggling with for some time.

Turns out that despite the funny man the Kenyan audience and beyond has grown to know as Flaqo Raz, he has his fair share of battles behind the cameras.

Flaqo opens up

The Internet sensation shared a photo showing red, itchy welts like a form of skin reaction on certain parts of his body.

Depending on the reactions, the welts appear and fade repeatedly and vary in size.

The YouTuber shared his condition with fans in the hope that maybe one or two can relate to what he has been going through and maybe work out a solution on the same.

“Anyone with this condition, how do you go about it?” he posed.

Comedian Flaqo rare skin condition

“Sometimes I have to postpone my shoots because they are unbearable. Zangu zilipotea for 6 months straight. Now they are back…” he replied to a fan who shared a similar experience.

Funny enough, soon as he had put up the post, he got so much feedback, with so many individuals able to relate to his skin condition, to his amazement.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Atwoli brags about his prowess in bedroom matters with his latest wife Mary Kilobi

“So far: try staying in the sun for a bit, bathe with warm water after taking antihistamines. To understand your condition better, make a point of seeing a dermatologist,” Flaqo shared with fans battling a similar condition, after gathering responses from his fan base.

Wrapping up urging fellow victims to take plenty of water, work out more often and avoid proteins since hives get triggered by things like particular foods, medication and stress.

By Ghafla.com


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

News

REVEALED: How three teenage sisters were impregnated by a shamba boy – police

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Police in Tana River county in Kenya are looking for a shamba boy  (gardener) who fled after allegedly  impregnating all three of his employer’s underage daughters at around the same period.

The girls said the man would often lure them to their farm where he would sexually defile them. One of the sisters confessed to sneaking into the gardener’s room at night.

“I did not know he was having affair with my sisters as well because we didn’t share that part of our lives with each other, as we didn’t trust each other with secrets,” one of the teenagers told Daily Nation.

The further divulged that the man would entice them with gifts such as money and clothes.

“He used to give me pocket money and would sometimes buy me clothes. He was so nice to me. I did not know he was doing the same to my sisters,” another girl said.

Each of the three sisters gave birth to a set of twins at a Garissa hospital on Saturday through a Cesarean Section.

All the three are Class Eight learners and are expected to sit for their Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examination in March next year.

READ ALSO:   Atwoli proposed to me but I said NO due to his advanced age, says Mary Kilobi

On her part, the girls’ mother said she noticed her daughters had new sets of underpants but she did not suspect something was going on between them and the gardener.

“I noticed some funny set of underwear which caught my attention. But my last-born daughter kept saying she had bought them with her pocket money,” the mother explained.

“What I did not understand was why she chose that funny type of underwear,” she said.

She learned of the gardener’s affair with her daughters after she stumbled upon a message on one of the girls’ phone informing the man of the pregnancy.

She then discovered the two were planning to get rid of the pregnancy, prompting her to ambush all her daughters with a pregnancy test the following morning. Two of the girls admitted they were pregnant before the tests.

The shamba boy is said to have fled after learning that the three sisters were all pregnant with his children. Police are still looking for him.

The first-born daughter was expecting triplets but she could only deliver two children safely and without complications.

“They all had slim chances of survival, and that is why we looked for a specialist. But for the girl with the triplets to come out alive, we had to agree with the mother to choose between her daughter and the third infant,” a doctor said.

READ ALSO:   Vote-rich Luhya now a Tower of Babel

The three were discharged from the hospital following the operations and are recuperating at home.

 


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Ciru Muriuki in mourning again, just months after losing her dad

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The loss of a loved one is a feeling one can never put into words. But losing another person so close to your heart, becomes a tall order.

July 2020, BBC journalist, Angela Wanjiru wa Muriuki alias Ciru Muriuki lost her dad to COVID-19. A man she dearly honored, loved and cherished.

A man she still misses more than words can say; a man who would have turned 72 years on October 10, were he still alive.

Pain and agony that she wonders how long it will last.

Amid COVID-19 and strict health measures put in place, her dads send-off left a different mark in her life.

“Heh. Losing a father. Nothing prepares you for the pain. Nothing. I wonder if I’ll feel this agony forever. My father’s funeral was the worst experience of our lives.”

Remember, Ciru also contracted the virus and had to mourn her late dad in almost complete solitude.

I cannot think of anything worse,” she tweeted.

Another loss

It has been barely 4 months that the celebrated media personality was allowed to mourn her loss, and death has stricken once more.

Taking to her Twitter, the broadcast journalist mourned the loss of a beloved mother, a grand mum and an aunt – her fathers sister.

READ ALSO:   Atwoli speaks sense on COVID-19 rules he has been flouting

Messages of condolences continue to flow in from fellow personalities, friends and fans as they comfort a dear Ciru, having to bear 2 consecutive losses amid a pandemic.

May their souls rest in eternal peace!

By Ghafla.com


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Special Offer: Own one starting at Ksh 3.7M


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending