Connect with us

News

Moi back in hospital

Published

on

Former president Daniel Moi was re-admitted at the Nairobi Hospital barely two days after he was discharged.

Family spokesperson Lee Njiru says the former head of state has been undergoing routine checkup since Saturday, November 9.

Mr Njiru said that Mzee Moi is admitted at the VIP wing, a homely setup, to facilitate continual checkups and necessary treatment.

“I appeal to the press fraternity not to cause unwarranted alarm by exploiting the credulity of the masses,” he said, adding that medical bulletins will be issued as and if necessary.

Mr Njiru sought to assure Kenyans that Mzee Moi’s health was stable, adding that the former president was “alert and being attended to by a professional medical team led by his personal physician Dr David Silverstein,”

Mr Moi who celebrated his 95th birthday last month had on Thursday last week left hospital where he had been admitted for close to two weeks, following chest complications.

by nation.co.ke

READ ALSO:   Akorino pastors want Moi’s funeral stopped
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lifestyle

Zain Verjee rejected Uhuru’s offer to head PSCU, Itumbi alleges

Published

on

Former Senior Director of Digital Communications in State House Dennis Itumbi has detailed the behind the scenes of the post-2013 general election as President Uhuru Kenyatta sought to set up his communication team.

Itumbi, who was officially fired from the position last March, also described how he was frustrated while working at State House.

Itumbi was among five individuals who were let go in March after the Public Service Commission (PSC) scrapped five positions within the Presidential Strategic Communications Unit (PSCU) and terminated the contracts of those holding the posts.

He had worked at the house on the hill since President Kenyatta was elected in 2013.

In a series of posts he shared on his Facebook account, Itumbi sought to debunk what he termed as “lies that have been told for far too long”.

Itumbi now a critic of the Jubilee administration, started his narration from 2013 when Jubilee coalition won the highly contested presidential election.

The ardent supporter of Deputy President William Ruto claims that things were not all rosy from the onset.

According to Itumbi, the head of state after he was sworn in was looking to set up a vibrant communication team and his first choice was then CNN anchor Zain Verjee who turned down the offer and the president eventually settled on Manoah Esipisu.

READ ALSO:   All about the condition former President Moi is being treated for in ICU

“The year is 2013. We have a new President and his Deputy. The new President is putting up his communications team. He is about to let go Isaya Kabira, the question is who should take over. The New President wants Zein Verjee of CNN to take the job. She is contacted. She asks for time. She reverts with a regret message – I need to complete my studies and I have a contract extension at CNN. I cannot take up the job,” he writes.

Nairobi News could not independently authenticate his claims.

Itumbi claims it was under the new leadership that he witnessed frustrations that affected the delivery of the president’s communication team claiming that they went for a year without pay.

He claims that he coined the title Presidential Strategic Communications Unit (PSCU) for rebranding instead of the previous one Presidential Press Service (PPS) but the same was not signed off, until he approached Mr Kenyatta.

“I activated gear two and waited for the President, who signed it off. I did not go back to the duo,” he adds.

“They saw it as Breaking News on their phones as they took their stroll in the gardens.”

This he says to them was a betrayal and what followed were frustrations after another as the system was “fighting back.”

READ ALSO:   Akorino pastors want Moi’s funeral stopped

“For a whole year, avoiding the details, we worked without a salary and accessed State House only on the strength of a News Release,” he said.

Mr Esipisu has since been appointed Kenya’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom (U.K) in 2018 with TV anchor Kanze Dena taking his position at State House.

For his part, Itumbi has found a new home in DP Ruto’s corner.

By Nairobi News

Continue Reading

Health

MIRACLE: How Victoria Mugo, a Kenyan woman in US lost both her hands and legs [VIDEO]

Published

on

A Kenyan woman from Aurora, Colorado, is a quadruple amputee. She lost her hands and her legs when pneumonia led to septic shock.

But Victoria Mugo , a mother of 1, is grateful to be alive.

Each year, more than 250,000 Americans die as a result of sepsis. The key is catching and treating it early.

Victoria is a celebrity of sorts at The Medical Center of Aurora (TMCA). The medical staff considers her a miracle.

For months, Victoria was in the ICU there. She lost both hands and both legs. Yet, on Monday, she came back to say “Thanks.”

 

 

“Because I’m grateful for life,” she told CBS4 Health Specialist Kathy Walsh.

“You don’t get any sicker than Victoria was,” explained Carolyn Golas, Sepsis Coordinator at TMCA.

On Jan. 9, Victoria was rushed to the ER with pneumonia. Within hours she was in septic shock, a toxic response to the infection.

Victoria Mugo

“She had about an 80% chance that she would not survive,” said Golas.

Victoria was put in a coma and on life support. Blood flow to her extremities slowed down. When the 38-year-old mother woke up, her hands and legs were dying.

“I could just snap them and not feel anything,” she said.

READ ALSO:   All about the condition former President Moi is being treated for in ICU

All four were amputated.

“I am not sitting in a corner feeling sorry for myself because I don’t have my arms or my legs, I’m walking now (on prosthetic legs),” Victoria said.

Victoria’s faith in God is her strength.

“He got me through it. He is the one who has brought me this far,” she said.

She said she has what matters most, her son, Alexander, and the rest of her loving family.

Her smile is a smile of gratitude. Her fighting spirit is fueled by faith.

HCA Healthcare patient Victoria Mugo, pictured with son Alexander, prior to her sepsis hospitalization

Facts about sepsis from TMCA:

  • Sepsis is one of the leading causes of death in the U.S. killing more than 250,000 patients per year.
  • In Colorado nearly 12,000 people will be diagnosed each year and nearly 3,000 will not survive.
  • Patients with septic shock have a mortality (death) rate of about 50-60%.
  • Once you have had severe sepsis you are at a greater risk of it reoccurring.
  • For more information you can go to the Sepsis Alliance at www.AuroraMed.com/sepsis.

–Dcbsnews

Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Job seeker loses phone, ID to crafty thief at Uhuru Park

Published

on

A 30-year-old police impostor who allegedly stole a desperate job seeker’s phone promising to hire him to help in making deliveries to Kenya Defence Forces was charged with theft and impersonation.

Samuel Mwaniki Murigi was accused of stealing Evans Onyango Ogutu’s phone and national ID card at Imenti House on July 23.

Murigi was also accused of impersonation after presenting himself as a police officer attached to Central Police station Nairobi to Ogutu.

Ogutu was taking a rest at Uhuru Park after a job search in and around Nairobi CBD became fruitless when Murigi sat next to him while on-call, purporting he was advising his phantom boss that he would need to hire an extra hand to help him with meeting supplies.

Murigi claimed his boss had secured a contract to supply some items to Kenya Defence Forces and desperate Ogutu approached him for the job.

The suspect reportedly told Ogutu to accompany him to Imenti House to process a pass into military facilities to begin the job immediately and he obliged.

On arrival, Murigi reportedly took the phone and the ID card to proceed with the “process” and disappeared in thin air. The matter was reported to Parliament police station.

On July 4, Ogutu spotted Murigi at the same point and informed the police. Two undercover officers arrested Murigi and allegedly found pictures of himself in different police uniforms.

READ ALSO:   VIDEOS: Mzungus not welcome to take political leadership in Kenya - Moi

The suspect denied all the charges before chief magistrate Joyce Gandani of Kibera law courts.

He was freed on a Sh200,000 bond and an alternative cash bail of Sh30,000. The case will be mentioned on August 19.

By NN

Continue Reading



Powered by DaysPedia.com

Current Time in Alexandria
014642am
Fri, August 7



poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

November 2019
M T W T F S S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!