Connect with us

News

Body of Kenyan woman killed in the US yet to be flown home despite enough funds having been raised

Published

on

Kenya’s Standard Newspaper is reporting that the family of a lady who was shot dead by an elderly woman in Seattle, USA will have to wait longer to bury her following difficulty in flying the body home.

“They are still working on some logistics. They have not been able to get a flight,” Sophie said.

Janet and her sister Angela were attacked by an elderly woman they had given shelter in their house. Angela survived but is nursing injuries at a hospital.

Janet’s burial was scheduled for last Saturday at her parents’ home in Gem, Siaya County.

The sister however  says that their friends were doing their best to have the body flown to Kenya despite the challenges.

Up to the time of going to press, the family was not sure on when the remains would be flown to Kenya. Janet’s mother, Sarah Oyuga, confirmed the postponement of her daughter’s burial but hoped that she could get to bury her as soon as possible.

READ ALSO:   Kenyan woman passes away in US while visiting her children

“We cannot tell when the body will be flown here for burial, since it missed coming this week,” Mrs. Oyuga said adding that her daughter Angela would not be flying home. “She is still unwell and will not be coming,” she said.

Janet succumbed to gunshot wounds and Angela survived the ordeal after being rushed to hospital. Janet’s family had high hopes that her remains would land in Kenya and a requiem mass be held on Friday before she could be laid to rest on Sunday.

Sophie said that a requiem mass was held in Seattle.

“A mass was held and we will still hold another mass here when the body arrives,” she says.

Beverly Jenne, who allegedly shot Janet and her sister Angela has been charged with second-degree murder and assault.

She later tried to commit suicide, according to local news reports.

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Victoria Kimani: I’m still single

Published

on

Just so you know, singer Victoria Kimani is still single and thinks dating life is horrible.

Speaking while she appeared on the We Are One Africa Show, Victoria said she has been single for the longest and hasn’t even been asked out by a man for a while now.

“The last time I went out on a date was September last year.” She revealed.

The 34-year-old noted that she doesn’t think she is ready to date again at least not at the moment.

“Dating life is horrible. I don’t know why I’m talking crap as if I’m dating. I’m not dating anybody”. She added.

The last time she was in a relationship was three years ago.

The sexy singer dated hunk Nigerian Stanley Obiamalu, a video producer and director who at the time was understood to be residing in South Africa.

They broke up in June 2017 and ever since Victoria has on several occasions been quoted saying she is still single.

Despite still being single, April last year in an interview with K24, Kimani opened up on her desire to get married and have children in the future.

Victoria, however, noted she was willing to wait for as long as it takes until the right man comes along because she is “tired of falling in love with bad boys”.

READ ALSO:   SAD: Kenyan woman passes away in Atlanta, GA

By Nairobi News

Continue Reading

News

SAD: Kenyan man, James Njuguna Kimani (Giant), dies in grisly road accident

Published

on

It is with deep sorrow, and acceptance of God’s will that we announce the promotion to glory of James Njuguna Kimani (Giant) on Sunday, June 28th, 2020 that occurred in Nairobi, Kenya after a tragic road accident.

He is husband to Margaret Wanjiku Njuguna of Nairobi Kenya, father to Ben Gichuhi and Peter Kimani.

He is brother to Irene Wanjiru Toomer, Liz Muthemba and the Late Jane Njeri Muthemba of Baltimore, MD. Brother-in-law to John Waithaka and Dorothy Mugeshi of Baltimore, MD.

Cousin to Carol Muthoni Githua, George Githua, Mary Muthoni, Caroline Muthoni of Baltimore, MD and Racheal Wanjiku, Esther & Paul Kamaru, Pauline Njuku, Shiro Njuku, Beatrice Wairimu all of TX, Lydia & Joe Mathu, George Njuku of Canada and Lillian Muthoni Njuku of UK.

Uncle to Gloria & Moses Kuna, Hellen & Kimathi Njuguna, James & Imna Muriithi, Peter & Akira Muriithi, David Muriithi and many more nieces and nephews.

The proposed date for the funeral is Thur, July 2, 2020 at the family farm in Wangige Lower Kabete at 10AM. Memorial service zoom information will follow.

Your prayers for the family during this difficult time is highly appreciated.

For questions and gifts, contact.

  • Irene Toomer: Cashapp:$IToomer 4436258006 Zelle: 443-625-8006
  • Liz Muthemba: Cashapp: $lizmuthemba 4436802517
  • John Waithaka: 443-851-7830
  • Carol Muthoni: 443-939-0101
  • Gloria Kuna: 410-371-9996
  • Pastor Mugweh: 410-236-5401

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Kenyan man in US- Kevin Koinange -passes away
Continue Reading

Business

Full list of journalists fired from NTV Kenya

Published

on

News emerging from Nation Centre indicates that some of the country’s top journalistic talents have been fired.

A list exclusively seen by Pulselive.co.ke showed eight renowned reporters and anchors whose terminations took effect on Friday July 3, 2020.

Among those fired are Brenda Wanga (news reporter), anchor Debarl Inea, Sharon Baranga (reporter) and Shaban Ulaya (sports reporter)who have been with the media house for years

Others on the list are Harith Salim (swahili anchor), Lillian Kiarie (business reporter), Silas Apollo (news reporter) and Ken Mijungu who had confirmed his departure from NTV earlier in the day.

Journalists (from L to R) Harith Salim, Lillian Kiarie, Silas Apollo and Shaban Ulaya who have been fired from NTV
Journalists (from L to R) Harith Salim, Lillian Kiarie, Silas Apollo and Shaban Ulaya who have been fired from NTV

NMG CEO’s message

A memo by the Nation Media Group’s CEO Stephen Gitagama earlier in the week had outlined that the media company is keen to retain only those with the relevant skills and expertise.

“The Group seeks to radically change its business model from print advertising and physical reader copy to digital advertising, ePaper subscription and content-driven reader revenue with the objective of establishing leadership in the mobile publishing landscape in Africa while exploring other new revenue streams in the experiential and technology space.

“This will require retooling and resourcing the Group with relevant skill sets critical for success in the new business environment. Regrettably this will result in reduction of our workforce effective Friday July 3, 2020,” the memo read in part.

READ ALSO:   PHOTOS: Kenyan woman who died in Atlanta buried
Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!