Connect with us


Fugitive murder suspect arrested after being on the run for three years




Detectives apprehended a wanted suspect on Saturday. The suspect has managed to evade police arrest for three years.

The culprit, David Kibe, 33, was smoked out at his hiding place in Makutano, Timboroa, Nakuru.

Nakuru DCI officers stormed into his house where he had been hiding.

David is being accused of killing Joan Wairimu whose body was found in Timboroa Forest in 2016.

Kibe will be arraigned in court on Monday, according to DCI boss.

Peter Kibe, is another suspect for the same case. He is the suspect main brother and has already been arraigned in court. Though the case is still in progress at the Nakuru Law Courts.

“Both suspects have been placed at the scene of murder through forensic analysis. The suspect is due to be arraigned in court on Monday,” read a statement from Nakuru DC



READ ALSO:   Broken vows: Gospel artistes you did not know were divorced
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


BREAKING: US citizen pleads guilty to sexually assaulting children in Kenya



A Lancaster County, Pennsylvania man on Monday pleaded guilty  to engaging in illicit sexual conduct in Kenya.

Gregory Dow, 61, pleaded guilty to four counts of engaging in illicit sexual conduct in a foreign place, before U.S. District Court Judge Edward G. Smith.  Sentencing is set for Sept. 29, 2020.

Assistant Attorney General Brian A. Benczkowski of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney William M. McSwain of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and Special Agent in Charge Michael Driscoll of the FBI’s Philadelphia Field Office made the announcement.

According to the plea agreement, Dow, an American citizen, traveled to the Republic of Kenya in 2008 to start an orphanage which came to be known as the Dow Family Children’s Home.  While running the orphanage with his wife, he sexually abused, on multiple occasions, four minor girls between October 2013 and September 2017.  During this time period, he maintained ties to the United States.

The FBI’s Philadelphia Field Office conducted the investigation with assistance from Kenyan authorities and local law enforcement in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.  Trial Attorneys Lauren S. Kupersmith and Lauren E. Britsch of the Criminal Division’s Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section (CEOS) and Assistant U.S. Attorney Timothy M. Stengel of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania are prosecuting the case.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Pastor Joan Wairimu opens up like never before about husband's "infidelity" and why she moved to Canada

This case was brought as part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative to combat the growing epidemic of child sexual exploitation and abuse launched in May 2006 by the Department of Justice.  Led by U.S. Attorneys’ Offices and CEOS, Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state and local resources to better locate, apprehend and prosecute individuals who exploit children via the Internet, as well as to identify and rescue victims. For more information about Project Safe Childhood, please visit

The year 2020 marks the 150th anniversary of the Department of Justice.  Learn more about the history of our agency at

Continue Reading


Ruth Matete’s ultimatum to embassy regarding her late husband’s body



Ms Ruth Matete and her husband MrJohn Apewajoye

Months after investigations into Ruth Matete´s late husband, Pastor Belovedjohn Apewajoye´s death began, the Kenyan singer is yet to get access to the deceased´s body for burial processions.

All these being pegged to one thing – ongoing investigations by Nigerian authorities to ensure they leave no stone unturned in getting to the root cause of the Nigerian pastor´s death.

It now marks 2 months since the deceased´s body was and still is being held at the Kenyatta National hospital following a request by the Nigerian High Commission to detain it until the Nigerian government gives a go-ahead.

2 months for an expectant Ruth Matete translates into ballooning mortuary fees for her and her family – something she has declared she can no longer cater for.

Ruth Matete with husband, Pastor John

According to the former Tusker Project Fame winner, she is tired of continuously begging to have her husbands body released for burial and she has now given up on it.

In a letter addressed to the embassy by the singer through her lawyer, Robert Odanga, she indicated she is no longer interested in acquiring Beloved John´s body asking the Nigerian embassy to feel free to do as they please with the body.

You can hold the body and do with it as you please.

Ruth Matete

The letter further indicated that the singer or her family should never be contacted regards the body because she has completely detached herself from it.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Pastor Joan Wairimu opens up like never before about husband's "infidelity" and why she moved to Canada

According to her, she needs peace to be able to go through her pregnancy successfully.

She will now try to move on and should not be contacted by anyone in regard to the burial.


This comes weeks after the Nigerian pastor´s family allowed Ms Matete to proceed with her late husband´s burial.

However, the Nigerian embassy gave deaf ears to this, holding to the belief that they will soon uncover evidence to their national´s controversial demise.

Ruth Matete with Beloved John Apewajoye

The singer and her lawyer had tried to have the court ask that the Nigeria Embassy in Nairobi foots the morgue bills and duly hand over the deceased´s body for burial.

Something she will no longer be pursuing because it has proven an uphill task for her and she needs to move on with her life.

Plus, the embassy became unwelcoming of Ruth Matete and her representatives.


Continue Reading


VIDEO: Kenyans in US among those heading to court after ‘Banda Homes’ fails to deliver as agreed



Banda Homes Limited, a real estate company in Nairobi is on the spot after failing to deliver houses to buyers two years after starting their housing projects.

The main concern is coming from buyers – some of them from the US and other countries – who bought the homes through off-plan agreements and signed contracts with the company to have their houses built in Pine Wood and Rosewood Estates along the Thika Super Highway.

The buyers who each paid 3.9 Millions shillings for the houses are now threatening to sue the developer. However Andrew Kamau, the developer, is blaming the covid-19 pandemic for the delay despite the fact that the homes were supposed to be ready for occupation sometime in 2019, long before  Covid-19 came into being.

It however is likely to be a tough battle because, as one lawyer puts it, in the fine print in the agreement, the company officials exempted themselves of any liability should the homes not be ready within the time promised. Watch courtesy of Citizen TV:

Last year, the developer was accused of failing to deliver homes to buyers despite having received deposits amounting to Sh1.5 billion since last year.

The reports claimed the money raised was used partly to pay for the land where several other estates will be built on Kenyatta Road and in Kikuyu near Sigona and to finish up old projects.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Pastor Joan Wairimu opens up like never before about husband's "infidelity" and why she moved to Canada

The firm, the reports claimed, has re-branded at least two times since 2011, during which it has acquired new names to avoid being followed by clients after allegedly failing to deliver on projects.In a rejoinder, Fabian Nzivo, the company’s CEO, said reports that they had diverted the money collected from clients to other projects was a propaganda being propagated by their business rivals.

He said all their housing projects were on course and would be completed within the stipulated time.

Continue Reading


Like us on Facebook, stay informed


2019 Calendar



error: Content is protected !!