Connect with us

News

Kenya airways to continue with flights to China despite Coronavirus scare

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By JUDITH GICOBI

Kenya Airways says it will continue with its flights to China despite the outbreak of deadly coronavirus that has so far killed at least 130 people.

The statement was issued on Wednesday by KQ acting CEO Allan Kilavuka. They said they are implementing all measures and monitoring the situation before taking any steps.

“Cancellation of the flights is on the table but we are monitoring and we will take the action as soon as there’s imminent danger,” Kilavuka said.

“We are monitoring this on a very regular basis, as frequently as every hour. We will make a decision in collaboration with the government on if and when we should suspend the flight.”

He further added that they are keen on precautionary measures to ensure that only those cleared by Chinese health officials can travel. KQ flies the Nairobi-Guangzhou route thrice a week.

“This is very important to us, not just for the China route but an entire network. It is a global issue and airlines are looking at it very seriously.”

“We have taken precautionary measures right from boarding to ensure that we do not allow on board anyone who hasn’t been cleared by the port health bureau of China. So, anyone from Wuhan city in China will not be allowed on our flights,” Kilavuka said.

READ ALSO:   President Kenyatta to be among passengers of KQ's first ever direct flight to USA, buys ticket

Kenya’s High Commissioner to China Sarah Serem on Wednesday requested Kenya Airways to suspend its flights to the country till the virus is controlled. She ruled out the airlifting of Kenyans from China.

 

 

 


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lifestyle

VIDEO: Media personality’s Mzungu hubby forced to apologize to wife over trolls following their ‘Love story’ TV interview

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Carolina Carlz and Mzungu hubby, Troy William had a candid interview done on Ebru TV about months ago. The detailed interview shed light on how they met and fell in love to a point of starting a family together.

Well, unlike most women dating Caucasian men these two did not meet on a dating app; but bumped into each other at Sarit center – and just like any other love story…the rest is history.

Download More Music

However their interview with Ebru TV may have left fans with the wrong impression about Carolina Carlz. As seen on the comment section it appears that most felt that the media personality came too strong; after asking her white man whether he would marry her.

Of course he has plans but since he did not reveal when. This however left Carolina looking like she was pushing him into marriage – but come on! Can’t a person have a sense of humor even when it comes to marriage? https://youtu.be/6m1IkOmUPZM

Kenyans attack

Well, there are those who had been waiting for such an opportunity in order to attack Carolina Carlz. From the comments on YouTube, clearly the fans left no stones unturned as they attacked the mother of one.

READ ALSO:   HEROIC: Meet the Kenyans helping contain Coronavirus in China

Probably the husband had no idea on how Kenyans react to such posts; hence their latest vblog where he issued an apology; for making his wife look bad and creating a platform for critics to attack her.

As seen on the video the Troy went on apologizing to his lovely wife; hence shutting down rumors claiming that his wife is clingy, pushy or desperate for marriage. It is no secret that they are different but at the end of the day; they still love each other.

Watch the video below.


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Paul Walker’s heartbreaking autopsy and grim details that aroused daughter’s suspicions

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Seven years ago today, Hollywood actor Paul Walker had enjoyed a fun-filled day with friends at a charity fundraiser in Los Angeles. Little did the Fast and Furious star know that when he agreed to take a spin in friend Roger Rodas’ 2005 Porsche Carrera GT, the ride would be his last.

The car ploughed into a concrete lamppost at high speed, tearing the vehicle almost in half and killing both Paul, 40, and Roger in an inferno of mangled wreckage. Helpless witnesses tried to extinguish the molten fireball that enveloped the car, but the flames could not be stopped. Given the horror of the crash, many believed father-of-one Paul must have been killed instantly.

But his autopsy revealed a heartbreaking fact – traces of soot were found in Paul’s windpipe, meaning he’d still been breathing as the fire raged. Furthermore, the report detailed how Paul’s body was so badly burned that he could only be identified by dental records and his charred organs were too damaged for donation. Meanwhile, Roger’s skull was fractured and the top part missing, leaving his brain exposed.

Paul Walker and his daughter Meadow. (Courtesy)

The coroner found no evidence of drink or drug use and recorded a verdict of death by “combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries.” But Paul’s daughter Meadow didn’t agree and filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Porsche, claiming her father initially survived the crash and could have escaped but was trapped by his seatbelt.

READ ALSO:   President Kenyatta to skip KQ inaugural flight to New York

According to the lawsuit, which was obtained by TMZ and vigorously contested by Porsche, Paul was alive for one minute and 20 seconds after impact but couldn’t get out because the seatbelt “snapped Walker’s torso back with thousands of pounds of force, thereby breaking his ribs and pelvis”.!

Lawyers claimed it had taken a whole minute for the fire to break out, giving Paul ample time to make his escape. They also alleged the car lacked sufficient door reinforcements and that manufacturers hadn’t used fuel lines that break free to prevent a fire in a crash.

The lawsuit claimed: “Absent these defects in the Porsche Carrera GT, Paul Walker would be alive today.”

But Porsche defended itself stating Paul was a “knowledgeable and sophisticated user” of the sports car and argued: “The perils, risk, and danger were open and obvious and known to him, and he chose to conduct himself in a manner so as to expose himself to such perils, dangers, and risks, thus assuming all the risks involved in using the vehicle.”

The battle was resolved in 2017 when the wrongful death lawsuit was withdrawn and a settlement reached although the terms have never been disclosed.

By Standard.co.ke


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Lupita, others pay tribute to Chadwick Boseman on what would have been his 44th birthday

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Oscar award winning actress Lupita Nyong’o is among celebrities and fans who paid tribute to late actor Chadwick Boseman on his would be 44th birthday.

The Black Panther star was 43 when he lost his four-year battle with colon cancer on August 28, 2020

Boseman was diagnosed with stage three colon cancer in 2016, according to a post on his Twitter account announcing the actor’s death.

Lupita, who played Boseman’s love interest in the “Black Panther”, shared a picture of herself and Boseman with the caption, “Deeply loved, sorely missed. #ChadwickBoseman.”

Disney honoured Boseman with a “Black Panther” themed Marvel Studios logo.

The redesigned logo could be seen by those watching “Black Panther” on Disney’s streaming platform, Disney+.

Marvel Studios further shared a video of the logo on Twitter.

Disney honoured Boseman with a “Black Panther” themed Marvel Studios logo.

The redesigned logo could be seen by those watching “Black Panther” on Disney’s streaming platform, Disney+.

Marvel Studios further shared a video of the logo on Twitter.

Actor and producer Mark Ruffalo shared a behind-the-scenes video of the cast and crew singing happy birthday to Boseman during the filming of a Marvel film. “Happy Birthday”, he captioned the video, “Thinking of your passion, love, and your light today @chadwickboseman Happy Birthday. Wishing we could time travel back to this moment.”

READ ALSO:   TOUGH MEASURES: Kenya's President announces nationwide curfew from 7pm to 5am

Rapper and actor Common tweeted “Happy Birthday King. God Bless You. Thank you for using your gift to bring light to this world. RIP.”

Many others also wished the late actor a happy birthday posthumously.


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Special Offer: Own one starting at Ksh 3.7M


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending