Connect with us

News

Kenyans stranded in Dubai after losing millions in jobs scam

Published

on

By JUDITH GICOBI
Several Kenyans are stuck in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) after being left there by a dishonest recruiting agent.
The Mombasa based agent pledged to secure work for the job seekers in Dubai. The monthly pay was Ksh 90000. To get the job, the agent sought payment of between Sh150,000 and Sh200,000 from each person.

But the seekers realized they had been dubbed after the agent left them in Dubai with no jobs. Some managed to fly back into the country and want justice.
One 52-year-old Rahmna Hemed said she secured a loan of Sh800,000 to assist her four children to get the jobs in Dubai. The four were working in Qatar but the good salary being promised led her to take the loan.

“I withdrew my children from Qatar where they earned Sh40,000 hoping to secure them a well-paying job in Dubai only to be duped by an agent. I have not known peace since then,” Ms. Hemed told Sunday Nation.
Amani Hamisi Juma also fell for the prey. He resigned from his security job in Qatar where he was earning Sh40,000 per month and paid Sh200,000 to the Mombasa-based agent only to be left in Dubai.

READ ALSO:   FULL NBI GUBERNATORIAL DEBATE VIDEO: Drama as Miguna calls all the other candidates thieves to their face, Sonko says Miguna's head has a problem

“We were living 50 people in one room, both men and women. We were never allowed to go out, it was like a prison. We sneaked and went to the Kenyan embassy but we were never assisted,” Juma said.
Many of the Kenyans recruited by the Mombasa-based agent are said to be stranded and suffering in Dubai.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Police hunt for couple in death of man during fight

Published

on

Police in Trans-Nzoia have launched a manhunt for a couple allegedly behind the death of a man who had gone to separate them during a fight.

The 23-year-old man identified as Kennedy Nyikuri Simiyu, who sustained serious stab wounds on his left hip and back, died 15 metres from the scene.

According to the village elder,Julia Mumbi, the couple was physically fighting at around 10pm on Wednesday and Simiyu being their neighbour, went to intervene when he met his untimely death.

Neighbours say the two took off immediately after the fatal incident.

Trans Nzoia County police boss Ayub Ali said officers are hunting for suspects to face justice.

“We are looking for the two individuals whom we believe are hiding somewhere but soon they will be caught by arm of law,” said Ali.

The body of the victim was removed to Kitale County Referral Hospital mortuary.

By Nation.co.ke

READ ALSO:   FULL NBI GUBERNATORIAL DEBATE VIDEO: Drama as Miguna calls all the other candidates thieves to their face, Sonko says Miguna's head has a problem
Continue Reading

News

Linus Kaikai set to leave Citizen TV and join KTN, Again -Sources

Published

on

One of Kenya’s leading media personality, Linus Kaikai, who joined Citizen TV in 2018 from NTV has reached a deal to rejoin KTN after 11 years since he left, according to very reliable sources.

Kaikai left KTN in 2009 where he served as Managing Editor in charge of Quality and Product Development to join NTV as its head.

He left NTV in February 2018 after a protracted battle with Nation Media Group’s top management over handling of the mock swearing-in of NASA leader Raila Odinga.

It is not yet clear what position he is destined for at KTN, but his arrival will rock the boat. First he will have to take up someone’s job, if not powers, and retune the KTN team, which is emerging from a bruising talent war that forced it to build a new team of anchors from scratch.

Elsewhere, another shake-up of the television industry is looming, as high ranking editors are expected to change positions. According to information, the latest changes will affect Citizen TV, KTN and K24.

Already, at K24, Peter Opondo, who has been overseeing TV and radio, has left. Mr Opondo is reportedly headed back to Royal Media Services, which runs Citizen TV, two years after joining Mediamax.

READ ALSO:   Uhuru's cousin claims Sh1bn land being sold by Banda Homes

RMS has been feeling the financial pains of maintaining a star-studded team, which blows millions of shillings every month in salaries and allowances. The stars at RMS include Jeff Koinange, Linus Kaikai, Joy Ageyo, Victoria Rubadiri and Yvonne Okwaro, among others, all poached from rival stations few years ago.

According to Business Today, word has it that RMS Editorial Director Joy Ageyo may have to give way for Opondo in the new scheme of things. It will be interesting how things work out or if, as it’s being rumoured, Ageyo will quit.

KTN editorial department is currently headed by Ellen Wanjiru as Managing Editor for broadcast, while Joe Munene is the managing director.

Business Today reports that Kaikai, who could take up either of these positions or get one created for him, could move with the News Gang programme which he initiated at Citizen TV.

KTN recently surprised many when it signed a partnership deal with  its rival,K24, on news and programming.

 

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Njugush’s son Tugi leaves netizens in stitches after perfectly imitating Mutahi Kagwe

Published

on

Comedian Njugush’s son Tugi has left many cracking their ribs after his perfect imitation of the Health CS Mutahi Kagwe.

Tugi who recently turned two years wowed many after imitating Kagwe’s warning to Kenyans during his COVID-19 pressers.

In a video shared on Celestine Ndinda’s Instagram page, the funny boy perfectly repeated Kagwe’s words: ” If you continue to behave normally”.

The young boy held mic close to his mouth to act a like he was having a presser.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAscqx1gbrv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Njugush’s wife was behind the camera recording their son and she could be heard laughing out loud.

Kenyans among them celebrities were wowed by Tugi’s courage with some saying he has taken after his parents.

Among those who reacted to the video was Sauti Sol’s Bien who said Tugi was a rebirth of the comedian and his wife.

“Hahahahahahaha The rebirth. Now, this is Njugush na Celest. He is going to be the end of us,” wrote Bien.

Anerlisa Muigai wished blessings to the little boy saying she was very happy of him.

Njugush who has always been proud of his little boy said: “He makes my heart so full”.

His close friend Abel Mutua advised the proud dad to shut down the internet since Tugi had already won the game.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Near-stampede as Kenyan woman brings down a tent with her dancing antics

It is interesting to note that the little boy already grasped Kagwe’s accent which was evident in his short speech.

In another video the funny boy was recorded saying that they were eating grass while having dinner with his dad.

View this post on Instagram

Sasa majirani wakiskia tunakula Nyasi bana

A post shared by NJUGUSH (@blessednjugush) on

The comedian tried to explain to his son that they were having sukuma wiki but he could hear none of that.

By Tuko

Continue Reading

Trending

error: Content is protected !!