Connect with us

News

Kiunjuri: I was betrayed

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Former Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Mwangi Kiunjuri has accused the government of using its agencies to harass those who are seen as against the Building Bridges Initiative.

Mr. Kiunjuri said that politicians from the Mt Kenya region who are allied to the Deputy President have been subjected to investigations through the DCI, KRA and EACC for what he termed as being on the different side with the President.

Speaking at Nanyuki PCEA Church, the former CS said that freedom of expression should be allowed to prevail and no one should be curtailed to speaking his mind.

Mr. Kiunjuri said that President Uhuru Kenyatta sacked him for expressing his opinion as a Kenya and not for underperforming.

The former Agriculture boss accused President Kenyatta of going against their agreement in the run-up to the 2017 elections when he urged him not to vie for the Laikipia governor’s seat and instead campaign for him.

Mr. Kiunjuri said that despite supporting the Jubilee Party during the general elections, he was humiliated before being sacked when the Ministry of Agriculture was made a shell and underfunded.

The ex-CS further said that he was selectively witch-hunted by President Kenyatta’s administration for highlighting issues that need to be addressed in the Central region.

READ ALSO:   Mwangi Kiunjuri accuses Uhuru of deceiving, then dumping him

The leader said he will continue supporting the President in rolling out development projects at the grassroots but urged the state to let people give their opinion on matters of national and regional importance.

By K24


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

‘I regret…’ Anne Kiguta opens up about posting her daughter on social media

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

TV news anchor Anne Kiguta has announced that she would like to share with her fans more about her life.

However, she draws a line on exposing her children to the limelight.

Anne has three children, one from her previous marriage and fraternal twins with Jomo Gecaga.

Responding to a fan who asked her about her babies, Anne posted a photo of her and her twins but blocked out the faces.

In her response she explained,

“Gosh, so many of you have said this… was the number one response. Well, I will have to let you down on that my loves.”

She added,

“I’m rather traditional (believe it or not) so I’m vehemently against it. My babies are are all still too young, including the eldest, to be on social media.”

Anne continued,

“In fact I really regret having posted my eldest at all. Mummy already has a pretty public life. They deserve their privacy.”

But not to break her fans hearts, Anne promised,

“A reference every once in a while but nothing more than that for a long long time.  Hope  you understand.”

In another post she still emphasized,

“That is my son. Quite the charmer. If only I could tell you half of what they say! But all these are are to me sacred moments…really can’t share much more.”

Not to be daunted though, Anne promised to talk about other aspects of her life.

READ ALSO:   Mwangi Kiunjuri accuses Uhuru of deceiving, then dumping him

Here are the various topics she is open to talking about.

By Mpasho.co.ke


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Health

Shock as man ‘resurrects’ in a Kericho mortuary

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

There was drama at Kapkatet sub-county hospital in Kericho on Tuesday night when a 32-year-old man who had been presumed dead and taken to the mortuary regained consciousness close to three hours later.

Mortuary attendants were getting ready to embalm Peter Kigen’s body when they noticed some movements.

Kigen, a resident of Kibwastuiyo village in Bureti Constituency, is said to have collapsed while at home before his family took him to hospital.

His younger brother, Kevin Kipkurui, said he was present when Kigen collapsed. With the help of their cousin, they took Kigen to the hospital at 5.30 pm.

“When we arrived at the casualty department, we met a doctor who asked us to register the details of the patient at the reception while he attended to him,” Kipkurui, who was still in shock, told The Standard.

After registering the patient, Kipkurui said he was again asked to the National Hospital Insurance Fund desk for further documentation of his brother.

Kigen reportedly suffers from a chronic illness.

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

 

Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated on the latest developments and special offers!

READ ALSO:   All the times Uhuru humiliated Kiunjuri

“When I went back to the casualty department at around 7.45 pm, I learnt my brother was dead. A nurse told me that he died long before we arrived at the hospital,” Kipkurui said.

He added: “The nurse later handed me a document to take to the mortuary attendant before my brother’s body was moved to the morgue.”

However, at 10.30 pm, Kipkuriu said, as they were waiting for embalming of Kigen’s body, they were informed that in fact, he was not dead.

Mortuary attendants who mummified the body told them that Kigen had regained consciousness.

“The mortician called me into the morgue and we saw him make movements. We were shocked. We could not understand how they could move a person who is still alive into the mortuary,” Kipkurui said.

Kigen, who spoke from his hospital bed yesterday, said he was shocked to learn that he was thought to have died and even taken to the mortuary.

“I cannot believe what just happened. How did they establish that I was dead?” he said.

Kirui, who donned his light-blue hospital uniform, was nevertheless happy to be alive and vowed to dedicate his life to evangelism once he’s discharged from hospital.

“I did not even know where I was when I regained consciousness, but I thank God for sparing my life. I will serve him for the rest of my life,” he said.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: CS Kiunjuri asks Kenyans to share photos of insects on social media for ‘locust test’

The hospital’s medical superintendent Gilbert Cheruiyot said Kigen was in critical condition when he was brought in.

Dr Cheruiyot said: “His relatives presumed he was dead and did not even wait for certification of death. They moved him to the mortuary, on their own.”

He said the clinical officers at the casualty were busy attending to other critically ill patients when Kigen was brought in, including an epileptic and a diabetic patient.

“They asked Kigen’s relatives to give them some time but they accused the clinicians of taking too much time and decided to take him to the mortuary. It was while the mortician was getting ready to embalm his body that she noticed some signs of life,” said Cheruiyot. He said the mortician informed the team at the casualty department which took Kigen back and begun resuscitating him. The process took three hours before the patient was stabilised.

“The patient was later taken to the ward and is responding well to treatment. We hope to discharge him in a few days,” Dr Cheruiyot said yesterday.

He added: “I advise those bringing their loved ones to the hospital to follow the laid down regulations. Before a body is moved the mortuary, it has to be certified by a clinician. In Kigen’s case, we can only say he was lucky, especially because of our qualified mortician who checked him before making any move,” said Cheruiyot.

READ ALSO:   Mwangi Kiunjuri forms new political party after being sacked from Cabinet

The bizarre incident saw local MCAs, led by the Majority Leader Hezron Kipngeno, storm the hospital. This is after Chelanget MCA Hezborn Tonui demanded a statement from the heath committee over the incident that shocked the county.


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Diaspora

VIDEO: 28 year old Kenyan woman marries a 60 year old German and tongues can’t stop wagging

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  • 2
  •  
  •  
  •  

Ciru Njuguna is 28 and her husband Greg Twiss is 60. Please don’t let that age gap fool you, these two deeply love each other and they are living their best life together.

But when people say Ciru is just after Greg’s money and he will end up in a septic tank, that gets to her. She is not ashamed of her relationship and strongly urges the public to let other people be.

“My German husband is older than my father. People say I am his slave and he is a colonial master,” she says.

She sat down with Lynn Ngugi for this exclusive episode of Tuko Talks and this is her story.


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  • 2
  •  
  •  
  •  
READ ALSO:   Mwangi Kiunjuri accuses Uhuru of deceiving, then dumping him
Continue Reading

Special Offer: Own one starting at Ksh 3.7M


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

February 2020
M T W T F S S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
242526272829  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending