Connect with us


DJ Pierra quarantined



Kenyan celebrity dj Pierra Makena arrived back into the country after being stuck in the United States for some days due to the outbreak of the coronavirus.

Through Instagram in the weekend, Makena said she had been stranded at the Los Angeles International Airport after Turkish Airlines cancelled her flight due to the pandemic.

“So my flight is cancelled and Turkish Airlines have sent me back to ticketing to get another solution,” Makena wrote.

On Saturday, DJ Makena said that she had been forced to fly to New York and luckily managed to book a Kenya Airways flight direct to Nairobi and that she had arrived safely back home.

She however announced that she would be in self-quarantine for 14 days in line with the government’s directive for travellers landing at JKIA from countries affected by the virus.

“I’m in for 14 days quarantine. I’ll try to keep you guys posted. Be safe and keep others safe,” she posted.

She thanked Kenyans, especially those in the diaspora for offering to help her when she was stuck in LA.

READ ALSO:   DJ Pierra: How I lost 27kgs without ever hitting the gym

“Thanks for the constant calls and all those who tried to help me secure a flight back home…God bless yaani! Diaspora thank you for all the calls and offers you gave…even some who don’t know me…still called to check up just because I am Kenyan,” she added.


Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Screenshot: See Dr Lugaliki’s last WhatsApp text with pal



The last text messages from Dr. Doreen Lugaliki sent to a pal have emerged.

Dr Lugaliki succumbed to COVID-19 on Thursday, July 9, at the Aga Khan University Hospital in Nairobi after being admitted on Monday (July 6).

“She contracted the virus while saving others who had caught the disease,” Health CS Mutahi Kagwe said during his daily briefing to the media.


He added,

“On behalf of the Government, I want to extend my heartfelt condolences to her family. I say pole pole sana. I have spoken to her father and two sisters. I want to say it is a sad day for our healthcare workers.”

CS Kagwe honoured Dr Lugaliki by observing a one-minute silence.

A tweep, @ManuuNgesh, who chatted with Dr Lugaliki shared their last WhatsApp conversation.

He tweeted,

“My heart is heavy! I don’t know what to say. Good Lord! F&ck Covid.

Doreen You kept asking me to take all the precautions every other day. What’s gonna happen to the Babies.

God , give us the strength! More so to the family! RIP Dr Lugaliki.”

Check out the conversation below.


READ ALSO:   DJ Pierra: How I lost 27kgs without ever hitting the gym
Continue Reading


Shock as beloved young Kenyan doctor dies of Coronavirus



Doctors around the country are mourning the death of Dr Adisa Lugaliki who succumbed to Covid-19. The news was shared by Dr Mercy Korir who described the deceased as a hardworking doctor who still had so much to offer.

“We have lost one of our own as a doctors’ fraternity to Covid-19. A young doctor with so much to offer,” tweeted Dr Korir.

The Kenya Medical Practitioners, Pharmacists and Dentists Union also sent a condolence message to the family of Dr Lugaliki, who served as an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist at The Nairobi South Hospital.

“We have lost a hard-working obstetrician/gynecologist, a mother, a friend and a colleague to the devastating effects of Covid-19.

“Our condolences to the family and friends of Dr. Doreen Lugaliki,” wrote KMPDU.

Online, many recalled their interactions with the deceased and lauded her for her professionalism and dedication to the medical profession.

The late Dr Adisa Lugaliki

Despite the risks involved, health workers have continued to give their all in the fight against Coronavirus, constantly asking the government to provide enough PPEs as they discharge their duties.

On Thursday, the Ministry of Health announced 447 new COVID-19 cases after testing 3,803 samples bringing the national tally to 8,975.

This is the largest number of confirmed cases in a day since the first case was reported in the country.

READ ALSO:   DJ Pierra: How I lost 27kgs without ever hitting the gym

While speaking in Mombasa County, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe said a total of 64 patients were discharged bringing the total number of recoveries to 2,657.

Four more people also succumbed to the disease bringing the death toll to 173.

Kagwe said since the cessation of movement was lifted three days ago, the government has been focusing on county preparedness to fight the curb of COVID-19.

He urged county governors who had not reached the maximum of 300 beds as proposed by the Ministry of health to do so.

Continue Reading


It’s a whole new world for boy shot by police



Ten-year-old Limo Poriot (pictured) sits under a shade and appears in deep thought. He stares at the crutches beside him and looks into the distance as if contemplating what the future holds.

For a month now Poriot has been forced to adopt a new way of life; the use of crutches after one of his legs was amputated just several inches below his knee after he was shot by the police on an operation at Naudo village in Tiaty.

He misses moments he would join his siblings and play with them. The best he can do is follow up the games, as friends and sibling playfully run around him.

Feel sad

“I wish I could join other children, run around with them and play all sorts of games. The noise I hear from them as they play just makes me feel sad. If only I had my leg back,” Poriot said.

The Standard One boy was shot in May while herding his parents’ goats. He reveals that he was with another child on that fateful day when a team of officers who were on operation drove past where they were grazing their animals. Out of fear they ran and hid in a nearby bush, little did he know one of the officers had aimed at him. He was shot twice, leaving him with injuries on both legs.

READ ALSO:   DJ Pierra: How I lost 27kgs without ever hitting the gym

One of the officers he said ran to where he was and found him wriggling in pain. The two bullets would mark the beginning of his new life. The officer in jungle uniform, he said, rushed to where he was, stared at him, then knelt and said he was sorry before leaving him for dead.

“One of the officers came to where I was lying, and saw me cry in pain. He placed his rifle down, knelt and said sorry before leaving,” he said.

The officers he said never bothered to have him taken to a health facility. It is after the officers left that residents who had heard gunshots rushed to the scene.

Later the boy’s relatives were informed of what had befallen the minor. Poriot’s brother, Alex Krop said he rushed to the scene and found his injured brother. The boy was ferried to Nakuru Rift Valley Provincial General Hospital where doctors suggested that the leg be amputated.

“Doctors said there was nothing they could do other than have his leg amputated,” Krop said. Poriot stayed in hospital for close to two months and was discharged on Tuesday. The doctors, however, advised that the condition of the boy be monitored closely.

READ ALSO:   DJ Pierra: How I lost 27kgs without ever hitting the gym

Krop said they regret sending Poriot to the bush to graze the animals. All they want is justice for the boy. The Government, he said should be held responsible for the loss.

“The boy was innocent, all we need is justice as a family. His life will never be the same again,” he said.

Hosea Lomada, Poriot’s father, said they have been left helpless and can barely cater for the boy’s daily medical bill to have the wound dressed.

Christina Lomada, the boy’s mother said the child is finding it hard to cope with the new way of life. Baringo County Commissioner Henry Wafula said they will review the matter and see how the boy will be assisted.

“Let him heal, we wish him quick recovery. Together with my county commander, we will review and see how the boy will be assisted,” Wafula said


Continue Reading


Like us on Facebook, stay informed


2019 Calendar



error: Content is protected !!