Connect with us

News

Ruto staff to be questioned over Kenei’s murder

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Homicide detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations

(DCI) will record statements from nine officials at the office of the Deputy President over the death of Sergeant Arnold Kipyegon Kenei.

The first part of the probe was to establish whether the officer committed suicide or was killed and now focus is on establishing the motive of the killing and the people involved.

On Thursday last week, the DCI boss George Kinoti revealed that it was murder, and not suicide as had earlier been reported, and claimed Kenei was killed in a stage-managed scene by professional killers who embarked on a massive cover-up frustrating the efforts by the detectives to investigate the death.

DP William Ruto on Saturday, while attending Kenei’s burial concurred with the DCI that officer was murdered but said the death was aimed at undermining his office for political reasons.

“I am aware there is a huge scheme to demean and destroy my office. That I know and it is rather obvious,” Ruto said.

Detectives are piecing together evidence to establish the officials to be grilled and specific areas they are to address.

Kinoti, and the head of Homicide unit Martin Nyuguto, who have been accused of bias, have however refused to comment on the status of the probe, only saying they would do that with time.

READ ALSO:   Revealed: AP officer was drugged then shot dead

Arms tender

Both the DCI and Ruto have insinuated that Kenei’s death was as a result of the fake Sh39 billion arms tender.

Four suspects, including former Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa have been charged over the fraud.

Latest reports from the DP Ruto’s office indicate it had a lot of information regarding the death and the fake tender. It is, however, not clear if Ruto would be willing to record his statement with an office he has already accused of not being impartial in conducting investigations.

Former Director of Public Prosecutions Philip Murgor, said yesterday: “The ODPP or the IG of Police can appoint a new and independent team to investigate the matter”

Political reasons

While Kinoti says the motive of the murder was simply to “safeguard, protect, insulate the source from the adverse involvement and attendance consequences using the country military procurement process in the most deceitful and fraudulent manner”, DP Ruto maintained that he was the target.

“The DCI has been mobilised, for political reasons, to discredit and destroy my office with all manner nonsense and to bring me down. Those in this scheme are boasting that I will not be there soon. Since the system cannot elect anybody, they can only kill,” he said.

READ ALSO:   Kenei had a nice police house, why did he live in a bare bedsitter?

Detectives have said the involvement of Kenei in the complex activities of February 13 at Harambee House Annex, clearly showed he didn’t have a chance.

“It is evident that throughout he was receiving instructions or orders or directions from a certain source,” Kinoti said.

DCI Kinoti had accused the DP’s office of frustrating the investigations in the initial stages by, for example, denying the detectives access to the server and only giving ‘edited’ footage.

The footage released, according to the detectives, did not capture the movement of the deceased officer and one of the suspects in the case, Daniel Omondi alias ‘General Juma’.

DP Ruto has accused the media and DCI of participating in what he has termed as a “criminal cover-up” of the murder.

Ruto demanded clear answers on how the police officer who was attached to his office was murdered.

“The truth must be found on why, how and who killed Sgt Kenei. The family, ODP, Kenyans want the truth & justice and culprits held to account.

“The drama, distortions, convenient half-truths and the smear campaigns in sponsored headlines amounts to criminal cover-up,” Ruto tweeted.

By PD


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lifestyle

Lady recounts pain of learning her HIV positive status in front of her new boyfriend

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Being in a new relationship nowadays requires couples to know their status before engaging in sexual orientation. This is a healthy norm due to many diseases that come as a result of sexual intimacy.

Lady says she learnt of her HIV status on her visit to the health facility with her new boyfriend 10 years ago

Irene Waliula (pictured) has been battling with HIV/AIDS for the last 10 years. Photo: Irene Waliaula.
Source: Facebook

As the world celebrates HIV and AIDS Day, Irene Waliaula 28, narrated her 10-year journey battling with AIDs, disease that changed her to a toxic person.

Hell broke loose on her when she visited a Nairobi health facility together with her boyfriend to know their HIV status after getting into a new relationship.

She was diagnosed with the dreaded virus and was left heartbroken, dejected and distressed.

On two occasions, the then 18-year-old girl contemplated suicide.

Were it not for the intervention of an AIDS councillor who guided and assisted her to start seeing things positively, Irene said she would have taken her on life along the way since the temptation kept on knocking.

Though the journey has not been easy considering the costs of medication and sustaining a healthy diet, the mother of one said having a positive mind has helped her to overcome a lot of the challenges.

READ ALSO:   Kenyan Speaker JB Muturi distances himself from "fake Tweet"
Lady says she learnt of her HIV status on her visit to the health facility with her new boyfriend 10 years ago

Irene Waliaula. Photo: Irene Waliaula.
Source: Facebook

She has been sensitising the society and especially the youth on HIV and AIDS prevention measures through her social media platforms and other avenues including, churches, seminars and town hall meetings.

“When you first contract this disease, you obviously need strong people around you. For my case, I did not have such people around me. It was only my mother who was there for me. Though she was shocked, she had to be strong for me.” She recalled.

Irene said even though she no longer stays with her baby daddy. Her life has really changed because she chose to have people with positive minds around her.

She advised those living with AIDs to always focus on the best thing that life has to offer because after all, everyone deserves to live.

by Tuko.co.le


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

News

VIDEO: Kenyan Woman Narrates How She Was Detained in the US for over a Year After Traveling to Visit a Friend

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

A Kenyan woman says that  she landed in jail after a friend invited her to visit the US.

Speaking in an interview with a local TV Station, the lady identified only as Grace said he left the country after obtaining a visitor’s visa from the American Embassy in Nairobi but trouble began shortly after she alighted the plane at an airport in Seattle, Washington, and was excited to visit the US as she thought the trip would open the door to greener pastures.

A single mother who separated from her husband, Grace says she was unexpectedly interrogated by airport authorities about the friend who invited her to the US.

Unfortunately, she could not give the relevant details about the friend which led officers to believe she was in the country illegally.

“I didn’t have enough details of the person who had invited me to America. On the other hand, the person who invited me didn’t also have my details,” said Grace.

As a result, she was arrested and incarcerated for more than a year before she was eventually deported to Kenya having being denied bond on several occasions.

Grace described spending time behind bars in a foreign country as traumatizing and the fact that she had left her kids back in Kenya exacerbated her suffering.

READ ALSO:   Kenei had a nice police house, why did he live in a bare bedsitter?

“Life was not easy for me knowing that I had left my children back in Kenya. Life of being detained is tough because you have no freedom and you are in a foreign country. Other people even committed suicide,” she recounted.

She added that she would not advise anyone to go and find greener pastures abroad.

 


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘I thought she would marry ‘Jesus’ not a divorcee,’ Pastor Kanyari shades Betty Bayo

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Pastor Victor Kanyari has broken his silence after his ex-wife Gospel singer Betty Bayo got engaged during her 33rd birthday last week on Wednesday.

Sharing the news with her fans on social media, the Eleventh Hour crooner posted a cutout picture of her fiancé on one knee putting the engagement ring on her finger with the caption, ‘Taken’.

Speaking to Word Is, the controversial pastor said he is aware that the mother of his two children got engaged but was shocked to learn that the man she is currently dating is a divorcee.

“I thought she was going to marry ‘Jesus’ after all the hateful things she said about me,” he said.

“He is a man who left his family, a wife and two children somewhere. She did not look for Jesus, tell her to marry a ‘Jesus’ kind of a man so she can surprise us not a man who has been used somewhere.”

Kanyari hopes that his children will be well taken care of.

“I have given my children the best life and I promise to take them to the best schools in America. Now that there is another man in her life, I hope he will be chipping in.”

Betty is now planning for a grand wedding and Pastor Kanyari said he is invited.

“I can’t attend her wedding although I am invited. She should continue with her life.”

“I came before him and at least opened some way for him. He can continue with where I left although there were others before me.”

Asked how well he knows Betty’s new bae, Pastor Kanyari referred to him as a broke man.

“He is from Central Kenya, but can’t compete with my level. He is a hungry man, that is the best way I can describe him. I can buy them lunch only that they have not shown up.”

He continued and said that instead of attending to the wedding, he will offer to pay for their honeymoon.

“Hii ni mbio ya farasi na punda. I do not know why she has rushed things since I did not expect her to be with that kind of a man. I expected a different kind of man. I am cuter…”

On the other side, Kanyari says Betty is still his friend and they call each other.

“She calls me anytime she is in a problem or is stressed. I wish her well and we shall meet at the end of all these.”

Pastor Kanyari says he has no hurry in moving on.

READ ALSO:   Mr Kenei might have been living on borrowed time

Word Is reached out to Betty Bayo who asked us to do a congratulatory story first, which we did.

She then declined to speak anything concerning her engagement.

“I am not ready to speak about it now.”

by Mpasho.co.ke


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Special Offer: Own one starting at Ksh 3.7M


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending