Connect with us

Health

Tell us who has the virus, MP tells State

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Ganze MP Teddy Mwambire has called on the government to make public names of those who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus (Covid-19).

Speaking on Monday, the MP said that such a disclosure will enable Kenyans to monitor their networks in order to help prevent the spread of the virus.

The MP is currently under the mandatory 14-day quarantine after he came in contact with some of the people who interacted with Kilifi Deputy Governor Gideon Saburi who tested positive for Covid-19.

Mr Mwambire said the only way the government can save the citizens who are already living in panic is to let them know who has the virus in order to check if they came into contact with them so that they can take the necessary precautions.

“Let the government publicise those who are positive so that we can establish their networks. We must be more serious as we take self-quarantine. We will not be able to trace those who mingled with those who have already tested positive hence they might further spread the disease,” he said.

COUNTY OFFICIALS QUARANTINED

Some senior Kilifi County officials, including Roads Chief Kenneth Kazungu, are also observing the 14 days quarantine at home after interacting with the deputy governor’s driver and bodyguards.

READ ALSO:   How mourners from Kibera took virus to Siaya

In a recorded video clip that was posted on a WhatsApp group in Kilifi, Mr Kazungu said he wants to break the long chain (of possible infections) by staying safe at home.

“As much as I did not interact directly with the deputy governor, at some point I interacted with some of his support staff. I remember having sat with one of his personal assistants while waiting for our turn at a barber shop. Again, some of his bodyguards and also the driver interacted with some of my staff members in the department of Transport and some of them came to my office for briefing,” he said.

“The chain is very long and, as a matter of precaution, it is wise that I put myself under quarantine. I have told my family members to maintain a safe distance from me so that I may not infect them,” he added.

Fear and panic has engulfed Kilifi after it was established that quite a number of people had interacted with the deputy governor from the time he returned from Germany on March 6.

One close associate of the deputy governor, Sammy Nyundo, who is also under quarantine, faulted the government accusing it of endangering many lives.

“As much as the government is trying to control panic, it is at the same time risking the spread of this virus. The identities of all positive cases should be made public so that tracing (of contacts) can be done faster,” he said.

READ ALSO:   Shock as 32 escape quarantine

He said the situation might become worst since the Kilifi deputy governor interacted with many people who also interacted with others making the chain long.

by Nation


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Health

Shock as man ‘resurrects’ in a Kericho mortuary

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

There was drama at Kapkatet sub-county hospital in Kericho on Tuesday night when a 32-year-old man who had been presumed dead and taken to the mortuary regained consciousness close to three hours later.

Mortuary attendants were getting ready to embalm Peter Kigen’s body when they noticed some movements.

Kigen, a resident of Kibwastuiyo village in Bureti Constituency, is said to have collapsed while at home before his family took him to hospital.

His younger brother, Kevin Kipkurui, said he was present when Kigen collapsed. With the help of their cousin, they took Kigen to the hospital at 5.30 pm.

“When we arrived at the casualty department, we met a doctor who asked us to register the details of the patient at the reception while he attended to him,” Kipkurui, who was still in shock, told The Standard.

After registering the patient, Kipkurui said he was again asked to the National Hospital Insurance Fund desk for further documentation of his brother.

Kigen reportedly suffers from a chronic illness.

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

 

Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated on the latest developments and special offers!

READ ALSO:   Google data shows more Kenyans staying home

“When I went back to the casualty department at around 7.45 pm, I learnt my brother was dead. A nurse told me that he died long before we arrived at the hospital,” Kipkurui said.

He added: “The nurse later handed me a document to take to the mortuary attendant before my brother’s body was moved to the morgue.”

However, at 10.30 pm, Kipkuriu said, as they were waiting for embalming of Kigen’s body, they were informed that in fact, he was not dead.

Mortuary attendants who mummified the body told them that Kigen had regained consciousness.

“The mortician called me into the morgue and we saw him make movements. We were shocked. We could not understand how they could move a person who is still alive into the mortuary,” Kipkurui said.

Kigen, who spoke from his hospital bed yesterday, said he was shocked to learn that he was thought to have died and even taken to the mortuary.

“I cannot believe what just happened. How did they establish that I was dead?” he said.

Kirui, who donned his light-blue hospital uniform, was nevertheless happy to be alive and vowed to dedicate his life to evangelism once he’s discharged from hospital.

“I did not even know where I was when I regained consciousness, but I thank God for sparing my life. I will serve him for the rest of my life,” he said.

READ ALSO:   How a slight headache sparked Covid-19 fears and rush to hospital during curfew

The hospital’s medical superintendent Gilbert Cheruiyot said Kigen was in critical condition when he was brought in.

Dr Cheruiyot said: “His relatives presumed he was dead and did not even wait for certification of death. They moved him to the mortuary, on their own.”

He said the clinical officers at the casualty were busy attending to other critically ill patients when Kigen was brought in, including an epileptic and a diabetic patient.

“They asked Kigen’s relatives to give them some time but they accused the clinicians of taking too much time and decided to take him to the mortuary. It was while the mortician was getting ready to embalm his body that she noticed some signs of life,” said Cheruiyot. He said the mortician informed the team at the casualty department which took Kigen back and begun resuscitating him. The process took three hours before the patient was stabilised.

“The patient was later taken to the ward and is responding well to treatment. We hope to discharge him in a few days,” Dr Cheruiyot said yesterday.

He added: “I advise those bringing their loved ones to the hospital to follow the laid down regulations. Before a body is moved the mortuary, it has to be certified by a clinician. In Kigen’s case, we can only say he was lucky, especially because of our qualified mortician who checked him before making any move,” said Cheruiyot.

READ ALSO:   It’s a living hell for Kenyans flying back from overseas

The bizarre incident saw local MCAs, led by the Majority Leader Hezron Kipngeno, storm the hospital. This is after Chelanget MCA Hezborn Tonui demanded a statement from the heath committee over the incident that shocked the county.


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Health

Janet Mbugua shares her Covid-19 scare

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  • 2
  •  
  •  
  •  

Media personality Janet Mbugua has shared the tale of the time she faced a scare as thought she had contracted Covid-19 last month.

In a video she shared on Instagram, the former Citizen tv news anchor said she experienced Covid-19 symptoms which escalated quite quickly.

The video shows her being taken through the nasal swab test for Covid-19, which is known to very uncomfortable.

Luckily, the result for the mother of two came back negative.

Janet Mbugua said that her scary experience motivated her to fight the fear and stigma related to Coronavirus, and will use her platform to advocate for a vaccine.

This comes as Covid-19 cases continue to rise sharply in Kenya amid a rush by various pharmaceutical companies globally to come up with an effective vaccine.

By NN


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  • 2
  •  
  •  
  •  
READ ALSO:   How a slight headache sparked Covid-19 fears and rush to hospital during curfew
Continue Reading

Health

Comedian Flaqo opens up on rare condition he has been battling

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Popular Kenyan comedian, Flaqo born Erastus Ayieko Otieno has for the first time spoken about a rare condition that he has been struggling with for some time.

Turns out that despite the funny man the Kenyan audience and beyond has grown to know as Flaqo Raz, he has his fair share of battles behind the cameras.

Flaqo opens up

The Internet sensation shared a photo showing red, itchy welts like a form of skin reaction on certain parts of his body.

Depending on the reactions, the welts appear and fade repeatedly and vary in size.

The YouTuber shared his condition with fans in the hope that maybe one or two can relate to what he has been going through and maybe work out a solution on the same.

“Anyone with this condition, how do you go about it?” he posed.

Comedian Flaqo rare skin condition

“Sometimes I have to postpone my shoots because they are unbearable. Zangu zilipotea for 6 months straight. Now they are back…” he replied to a fan who shared a similar experience.

Funny enough, soon as he had put up the post, he got so much feedback, with so many individuals able to relate to his skin condition, to his amazement.

READ ALSO:   How a slight headache sparked Covid-19 fears and rush to hospital during curfew

“So far: try staying in the sun for a bit, bathe with warm water after taking antihistamines. To understand your condition better, make a point of seeing a dermatologist,” Flaqo shared with fans battling a similar condition, after gathering responses from his fan base.

Wrapping up urging fellow victims to take plenty of water, work out more often and avoid proteins since hives get triggered by things like particular foods, medication and stress.

By Ghafla.com


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Special Offer: Own one starting at Ksh 3.7M


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending